Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs vs Redskins Gameday Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 49 50 51

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #750 : October 04, 2009, 04:03:49 PM »

The odds are stacked against us for sure. We already are an ugly excuse for a team after three games, now we go on the road in Washington, with a rookie QB, and our best RB in Ward will not play. Doesn't look good at all....
However, I believe it will be a close game, but Washington will win due to having lost to the 0-forever Lions last weeks; simply put, they will be hungrier than us.
Prediction: 20-13

My prediction was not too far off it seems.  Johnson played like a rookie, Ward was missed, and the Redskins were hungrier for a win than we were.

Folks, we are a BAD football team...

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #751 : October 04, 2009, 04:12:58 PM »

and the schedule goes back to brutal from now on.

Based on the play thus far - this was the ONLY game the Bucs had a chance to win.

The defense once again did a pretty good job - considering they got the short end of the talent acquisition stick this off-season, and considering that once again the offense abandoned them and left them twisting in the wind.

defense just plain wore out after the offense left them in poor field position and unable to capitalize on 3 INT's and 1 fumble.

Olson is the worst play-calling offensive coordinator I have seen in a long time. He puts me in mind of Richard Williamson...

Philly, Carolina, New England, Green Bay, Miami, New Orleans, Atlanta, Carolina, NY Jets, Seattle, New Orleans, Atlanta...

...did anyone think 0-16 was possible at the beginning of the season?

Does anyone doubt the REAL potential for 0-16 with the schedule in full view? Especially after 4 weeks of the worst football any of us have seen in about 13 years?

Why are we benching our number one draft pick again...exactly?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

swirless

Pro Bowler

« #752 : October 04, 2009, 04:17:15 PM »

I honestly don't see how this team could win a game this year...

They will not and then who do they draft, colt mcCoy

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #753 : October 04, 2009, 04:50:43 PM »

Why colt mccoy? So they can bench him for Josh Johnson and have Josh Freeman backing up the back-up QB of the future...cause you know...they just don't feel like the guys they drafted were, you know...ready...while the guy Gruden drafted is...?

they will lose out and draft Suh.

« #754 : October 04, 2009, 05:59:02 PM »

I havent watched the game yet, I have it on tivo.   but I heard how it ended.   why would you rush a 5 8" , cold, 4th string Rb to get your 1 yard on 4th down?    Was grahama hurt or something?  so stupid

« #755 : October 04, 2009, 06:19:32 PM »

at the most crucial point in the game, they give the ball to an UNDRAFTED, UNDERSIZED, 4th String RB?  really?   that's the best we could do?  id rather they gave the ball to Chris Hovan and just hoped for the best

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #756 : October 04, 2009, 09:20:30 PM »

He got the first down, he was hit a yard after getting it by three defenders who mugged him. He's a third down type of guy - but that was a situation that seemed to scream for a big back.

How do you not know they are going to be trying to strip the ball? How do you not tell the kid to get down and protect the ball as soon as you cross the hash?

...second guessing is becoming the new past-time...again.

That was the last game this season that the Bucs could have had a shot at winning - the rest of the schedule looks like murderers row...especially with how we're playing now.

What was the word Raheem Morris used to describe why he fired Jagodzinski...? Something about direction...?

Wonder what he thinks of the direction he's headed in now?

Wow, just wow.

Jon Gruden has to be laughing up his sleeve right now.

...and in between sticking pins into his Raheem Morris doll - Jeff Jagodzinki has probably had a couple of bitter shouts of joy about this too....

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #757 : October 04, 2009, 09:32:40 PM »

Well.  This is sure isn't fun.

However.  There were improvements.  Those improvements were in the whole defense.  Very very good.

The offense is another thing.  Next week Faine is back.  Tanard Jax is back.  Wish Sears would come back.  I thiink he may just be gone forever.  JJ should be better next week with Faine under center.

Nugent?  Someone said its been bad snaps.  Anyone know if that's true or not.  As far as I'm concerned, the loss of two field goal scores lost the game.  And the call just
5 yards from the goal?  I coulda called a better play.  In fact, I did.  Either Caddy or a gang rush up the middle with a QB call.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #758 : October 04, 2009, 09:43:33 PM »

Josh Johnson was miserable today. The only way he will be better is if we continue running Jon Gruden's offense[/b] - how much longer do you think Raheem will let that go on?

They are actually using the QB that Jon Gruden drafted and showing limited success running the offense that Jon Gruden invented.

They did this after firing Jon Gruden for not drafting a QB and because we didn't think that dink & dunk style offense would work....

We did this after the coaches lost faith in their new vertical offense they had just implemented, and forced down the throats of their QB's...before, you know, switching back to Gruden's style of play in order to keep games close enough to win at the end of the game.

They may as well stick Freeman in, and chuck the ball deep from here on out - the style of offense won't matter...they won't win another game regardless who the QB is...

Page: 1 ... 49 50 51
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs vs Redskins Gameday Thread « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools