Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: freeman needs to start next week « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

imamonsterbuc

Practice Squad

: October 04, 2009, 03:55:30 PM

im sorry jj didnt do horribble

but freeman could did what he did. sorry to say but were not winning many football games

freeman should start so he can get into sync with the offense. because believe it or not. he gonna have to play eventually .

again im not saying jj did bad but when you have our rookie qb ridding pine while were not winning and the starting qb is just like him. to me were wasting time. we need to see what he can do

if he does horrible fall back to jj

bucs1

Practice Squad
#1 : October 04, 2009, 04:05:00 PM

If you think that Josh Freeman is any better than Josh Johnson, he's not. Freeman isn't even close to being ready to play a game, and Johnson is the most ready out of all of our quarterbacks. I would take Johnson over Freeman every day.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 04, 2009, 04:06:10 PM

Uh. They both suck. So if one is supposed to be our QB of the future. Start him.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 04, 2009, 04:08:36 PM

No.

JJ is the man. He just needs to get in the swing of things.

He did pretty good for his first NFL start.

Give him a break.

Hey, in fact, he did better than Brett Favre did when he first started.

Chillax.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 04, 2009, 04:10:02 PM

A. Learn to spell. If you type like a 3rd grader, I'm going to assume your logic is at the same level.

B. This isn't college, you can't just swap out your QBs every time one of them isn't playing great.

C. Rah WORSHIPS Freeman. You honestly think if he was even remotely ready he wouldn't be in there?

D. Josh Johnson started the year as a 4th stringer. He hasn't played with any of these receivers outside of Stroughter, nor any of the RBs outside of Smith. He hasn't even played against 2nd stringers much less starters, aside from one drive last week. Oh, and he got no blocking and his OC is a moron. All that considered, I'd say he actually did quite well for his first career start.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 04, 2009, 04:11:16 PM

^^^ Suckin on the koolaid tit

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 04, 2009, 04:11:57 PM

put freeman in for the next game...we are going to lose anyway let him take his lumps, relieve olson of his duties let Logan call plays.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 04, 2009, 04:17:27 PM

For a guy making his first NFL start, JJ looked good.  It was nice having a QB that could use his legs.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

swirless

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 04, 2009, 04:19:07 PM

No.

JJ is the man. He just needs to get in the swing of things.

He did pretty good for his first NFL start.

Give him a break.

Hey, in fact, he did better than Brett Favre did when he first started.

Chillax.

It doesn't matter if Freeman is the future get him in now, if he isn't them the bucs picked bad agaiun and need to get colt mccoy or bradford

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 04, 2009, 04:20:11 PM

Sign me up to the Start Freeman petition.  

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 04, 2009, 04:21:00 PM

Nice rebuttal. There's really no counter-argument I could possibly muster to that. I'm not sure if it was your exquisite, thesaurus-like diatribe, or the incredible wealth of facts that got me. Either way, I admit defeat.

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 04, 2009, 04:23:00 PM

Nice rebuttal. There's really no counter-argument I could possibly muster to that. I'm not sure if it was your exquisite, thesaurus-like diatribe, or the incredible wealth of facts that got me. Either way, I admit defeat.
:D

-Chase

Our fans suck!

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 04, 2009, 04:25:26 PM

Why do some fans always think the guy on the bench is better?   They are on the bench for a reason.    He's a first round QB....he'll get plenty of starts to prove himself.   Be patient.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 04, 2009, 04:34:28 PM

Why do some fans always think the guy on the bench is better?   They are on the bench for a reason.    He's a first round QB....he'll get plenty of starts to prove himself.   Be patient.

Yeah and why do so many people rush to judgment after ONE GAME? ... and it wasn't even a bad game for JJ. He had like TRIPLE the yards that BL had in any of his games, he made a TD on his FIRST THROW, he ran like Forrest Gump, it was on the road and his first outing as a starter. I don't understand how people could be asking to have him benched after this ONE game. I still think he's the man.

For those who say "the season is over anyway, might as well put our franchise QB in for the experience", I don't agree. First off, I think JJ is just a better QB and secondly, we still have an outside chance of making the playoffs. I say keep the best QB in there and try to salvage the season. Next week JJ will play even better than he did today. We may even win.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 04, 2009, 04:38:41 PM

Why do some fans always think the guy on the bench is better?   They are on the bench for a reason.    He's a first round QB....he'll get plenty of starts to prove himself.   Be patient.

Because we have to win now. NOW. NOOOOOOW!11!1oneone!1

This is basically the logic of more than half of the fans on this board:

We give everyone one chance to succeed. If they don't, bench them. This couldn't possibly do anything to harm team cohesion or anything, don't worry about it.

In the case of the QB spot, Johnson didn't throw for 300+ yds and 3 TDs, so clearly Freeman HAS to start next week.

If Freeman doesn't do well(which, of course, we'll know after one week), he's a huge bust and horrible and so on. So we draft Bradford next year, because there's absolutely NO chance that he could also need time to develop. Who does that? Every young QB must now be Matt Ryan/Joe Flacco or it's an utter failure. Oh, and don't worry about the salary cap implications of drafting a 1st round QB every year until we find one who's perfect from the get go, I'm sure that wouldn't affect anything either.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: freeman needs to start next week « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools