Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: freeman needs to start next week « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #150 : October 04, 2009, 07:06:43 PM »

lol I thought you were going to say is they should start Eric Ainge because he can't possibly get any worse with film.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

« #151 : October 04, 2009, 07:50:15 PM »

I mean jesus, look at Mark Sanchez today.

14/27, 139 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT
and a fumble in the endzone

Does he suck too?

Child please. At least Sanchez has led his team on a touchdown drive that went longer than 20 yards this season. At least Sanchez has made plays to convert third downs.

To the other points -- I admitted, it's just one game -- but I'm not enamored with "athletic ability" like some are, at least as that ability relates to quarterback's ability to run. There have been lots of running QBs who flamed out in the NFL because they lacked the ability to make throws. There was literally nothing that Josh Johnson did with his arm that made me think "Wow -- this is a guy who has it." Until he shows me something with his arm and his ability to break down a defense and make the right throws (especially on 3rd down), he's going to be nothing but a 5th round hope for me.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #152 : October 04, 2009, 07:56:34 PM »

I mean jesus, look at Mark Sanchez today.

14/27, 139 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT
and a fumble in the endzone

Does he suck too?

Child please. At least Sanchez has led his team on a touchdown drive that went longer than 20 yards this season. At least Sanchez has made plays to convert third downs.

To the other points -- I admitted, it's just one game -- but I'm not enamored with "athletic ability" like some are, at least as that ability relates to quarterback's ability to run. There have been lots of running QBs who flamed out in the NFL because they lacked the ability to make throws. There was literally nothing that Josh Johnson did with his arm that made me think "Wow -- this is a guy who has it." Until he shows me something with his arm and his ability to break down a defense and make the right throws (especially on 3rd down), he's going to be nothing but a 5th round hope for me.

Mark Sanchez has also played in 4 games this year. Generally, when you play in more games, you have a better chance of doing that stuff.

Oh, and he also has a much better offensive line(at least while Faine is out), better receivers, and arguably the best defense in the NFL behind him. I'm sure that's all just minor, unimportant stuff though.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

« #153 : October 04, 2009, 08:01:28 PM »

Mark Sanchez has also played in 4 games this year. Generally, when you play in more games, you have a better chance of doing that stuff.

Oh, and he also has a much better offensive line(at least while Faine is out), better receivers, and arguably the best defense in the NFL behind him. I'm sure that's all just minor, unimportant stuff though.

It's tough to make use of your receivers when you're bailing out to run at the first sign of trouble.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

« #154 : October 04, 2009, 08:01:55 PM »

Save him for next season.  Nosense in getting him hurt when we stand no chance to make the playoffs.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

« #155 : October 04, 2009, 08:07:19 PM »

^^^ Suckin on the koolaid tit

You should get rid of that racist flag for your logo.

[Add witty one liner here]

Incognito

Hall of Famer

« #156 : October 04, 2009, 08:18:52 PM »

I concur. I'm surprised that society still tolerates it. (same goes for this site). The rebel flag isn't just a way of life or anything innocent like that, it is actually an icon which represents racism. The fact that none of the mods on this site have done anything about it makes me wonder if I could get away with a controversial avatar of my own. Or maybe the rebel flag is considered acceptable to some mods here because even THEY have a bit of racism in them. I was raised in the south and I hate seeing the rebel flag. All I see when I see that flag is a tobaccy spittin', truck drivin', redneck accent havin', country music lovin', rap hatin' trailer park skinhead racist. If I'm wrong, if you're gonna knock me for my post, please explain to me what the rebel flag REALLY stands for. Otherwise, sit down and shut up, ya dumbazz, WWE watchin', woman beatin'  hick.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #157 : October 04, 2009, 08:31:09 PM »

I concur. I'm surprised that society still tolerates it. (same goes for this site). The rebel flag isn't just a way of life or anything innocent like that, it is actually an icon which represents racism. The fact that none of the mods on this site have done anything about it makes me wonder if I could get away with a controversial avatar of my own. Or maybe the rebel flag is considered acceptable to some mods here because even THEY have a bit of racism in them. I was raised in the south and I hate seeing the rebel flag. All I see when I see that flag is a tobaccy spittin', truck drivin', redneck accent havin, country music lovin', rap hatin' trailer park skinhead racist. If I'm wrong, if you're gonna knock me for my post, please explain to me what the rebel flag REALLY stands for. Otherwise, sit down and shut up, ya dumbazz, WWE watchin', woman beatin' hick.

Judging him on one game might be a stretch, in my opinion he isn't going to have any success. However, for you to say he played pretty good is completely wrong.

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: freeman needs to start next week « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools