Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: freeman needs to start next week « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 04, 2009, 05:14:43 PM

How bout we wait at least another week...Philly's gonna be ugly.

bucfan11

Starter

#31 : October 04, 2009, 05:15:10 PM

Start Freeman.  If a quarter back must learn on the job, then it might as well be him...if they want to see if they will ever get their money's worth, he should learn when there's no real hope for a winning season just to get the experience.  I would have started the season with him...not because he was the best at the time, but with a rebuilding year and the many other changes, he would have benefited from the experience at game speed.  

Cleanupman

Starter

#32 : October 04, 2009, 05:16:30 PM

Not matter if freeman starts are not its going to be the same thing.  It's the OC that is killing us, he is still going to be calling those BS plays and we are going to keep stalling on offense.  After we go 0-16 we are going to fire everyone like the lions did

#33 : October 04, 2009, 05:18:44 PM

Freeman will be gone after this year. We will have the #1 pick and new HC, GM.

They will look to trade Freeman for a 2nd rounder if we can even get that outta him.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 04, 2009, 05:20:02 PM

Morris should have left BL as starter for 2 more weeks and started Freeman against Carolina. �JJ should have never been #2.

Thank GOD you're not the coach.

ok we are all aware of the man love you have for JJ. The fact of the matter is he was ineffective. He looked timid out there, was looking to run first pass second. We are lost at 0-4, season is lost. Put Freeman in he couldn't have done any worse. I am not screaming to win now, obviously it is just the opposite with Freeman. Put him in, if we stick with Raheem, Freeman gets exposure and is more prepared for 2010. If Raheem goes, we know what we have in Freeman.

My man love for JJ isn't without merit. He sghowed why he's NFL material today. He was just a little panicky this week. That can be corrected fairly quickly.

I don't care if our chances of salvaging the season are small. I'd still like for the Bucs to play as if thats what they're trying to do.

What if they pit Freeman in, he stinks it up and it hurts his confidence? Would that help us for next year? I don't think it would.

JJ is the man IMO. He did pretty darn good IMO... and I think next week he'll play even better. Always go with whoever gives you the best chance of winning. Thats the way I feel. Thats a winning spirit. I just wish more of the people on this board had a winning spirit. Even if the season is over for us, we should still aim to win games.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 04, 2009, 05:20:22 PM

How bout we wait at least another week...Philly's gonna be ugly.

so isn't New England, I do not care at this point.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 04, 2009, 05:21:46 PM

Raheem and Dominick isn't going anywhere. Freeman? Maybe. Why? Because I think JJ will prove to be our franchise QB. We will end up trading Freeman for a draft pick.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 04, 2009, 05:22:52 PM

Morris should have left BL as starter for 2 more weeks and started Freeman against Carolina. �JJ should have never been #2.

ok we are all aware of the man love you have for JJ. The fact of the matter is he was ineffective. He looked timid out there, was looking to run first pass second. We are lost at 0-4, season is lost. Put Freeman in he couldn't have done any worse. I am not screaming to win now, obviously it is just the opposite with Freeman. Put him in, if we stick with Raheem, Freeman gets exposure and is more prepared for 2010. If Raheem goes, we know what we have in Freeman.

My man love for JJ isn't without merit. He sghowed why he's NFL material today. He was just a little panicky this week. That can be corrected fairly quickly.

I don't care if our chances of salvaging the season are small. I'd still like for the Bucs to play as if thats what they're trying to do.

What if they pit Freeman in, he stinks it up and it hurts his confidence? Would that help us for next year? I don't think it would.

JJ is the man IMO. He did pretty darn good IMO... and I think next week he'll play even better. Always go with whoever gives you the best chance of winning. Thats the way I feel. Thats a winning spirit. I just wish more of the people on this board had a winning spirit. Even if the season is over for us, we should still aim to win games.

Did you watch the game? It is evident that it is just another late rd flop qb that this team thought was NFL talent. This whole thing needs to be blown up.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#38 : October 04, 2009, 05:23:26 PM

Truth is that they are both very young QBs who are in no shape or form ready to play. JJ at least kept his team in the game. He made a few rookie mistakes and he was being a lot more conservative which you have to be as a rookie. Plus our team is just as inexperienced around him too.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 04, 2009, 05:25:21 PM

Truth is that they are both very young QBs who are in no shape or form ready to play. JJ at least kept his team in the game. He made a few rookie mistakes and he was being a lot more conservative which you have to be as a rookie. Plus our team is just as inexperienced around him too.

around him? on offense? please explain

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 04, 2009, 05:25:33 PM

Freeman will be gone after this year. We will have the #1 pick and new HC, GM.

They will look to trade Freeman for a 2nd rounder if we can even get that outta him.

Of course, I mean Freeman's played terrible up to this point - there's no chance he's going to be good....oh wait a minute...he hasn't even had a snap.

That makes your assessment pointless.

omendez75

Rookie

#41 : October 04, 2009, 05:29:49 PM

I thought J.J looked very good for his first start. I see the whole running thing didifferentlyhough. I saw protection break down and J.J srscramblingo make a play. I have only seen the game once but did not see any looks. I think in those situations he should have run for the first. Lots of time I saw him running side to side but with his ability could have gotten a first or at least a big chunk of yardage. I do think that progressions are  important but get what the defence is giving.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 04, 2009, 05:32:50 PM

I thought J.J looked very good for his first start. I see the whole running thing didifferentlyhough. I saw protection break down and J.J srscramblingo make a play. I have only seen the game once but did not see any looks. I think in those situations he should have run for the first. Lots of time I saw him running side to side but with his ability could have gotten a first or at least a big chunk of yardage. I do think that progressions are important but get what the defence is giving.

his performance was weak. IMO

imamonsterbuc

Practice Squad

#43 : October 04, 2009, 05:33:10 PM

"What if they pit Freeman in, he stinks it up and it hurts his confidence? Would that help us for next year? I don't think it would".

this outta be the stupidest reason for not starting a qb i mean cmon hurt his confidence

hes a grown a** man getting paid millions to play qb. and your warring about his feelings. thats stupid logic because if so hes probably not the qb we though he was.

also i like jj just don't see anything that makes him better then freeman. also dont say he not ready because in reality you dont know. morris said he started jj because he worked hard and earned it did not he was better

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#44 : October 04, 2009, 05:33:22 PM

this thread is horse**CENSORED**.......Freeman IS NOT READY! GET OVER IT....

Neither is Josh Johnson -- today showed that very clearly in his inability to find hot-reads and make quick decisions. So, really, it's a pick 'em at this point.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: freeman needs to start next week « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools