Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JoeBucsFan blasts Raheems's decision-making « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« : October 04, 2009, 06:01:57 PM »

Joe thinks Raheem The Dream dropped the ball when he opted for a short field goal on 4th-and-goal from the Redskins’ 3 yard line with about 4:30 remaining. The Bucs made the kick and pulled to within three points, 16-13.

Why not go for the win right there? There was nothing to freaking lose! You were sitting at 0-3 on the road. Go for the win.

There was no reason to put the game in the hands of your defense– the Bucs defense – which hadn’t stopped Washington consistently in the second half. Secondly, Josh Johnson wasn’t moving the ball down field at all. Add to that Mike Nugent is very unreliable.

Raheem The Dream blew it.

Worst case, you miss the fourt-down attempt. Then Washington is pinned back near its end zone and you’ve got a better chance of stopping them and getting back good field position.

Best case, you win the damn game.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=17363

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

« #1 : October 04, 2009, 06:02:57 PM »

I totally agree with Joebucsfan

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
« #2 : October 04, 2009, 06:04:43 PM »

it was the dumbest call of the game. I truly did not see what the hell was going on his mind. The Bucs had a chance. They lost it.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

« #3 : October 04, 2009, 06:05:59 PM »

Joe thinks Raheem The Dream dropped the ball when he opted for a short field goal on 4th-and-goal from the Redskins’ 3 yard line with about 4:30 remaining. The Bucs made the kick and pulled to within three points, 16-13.

Why not go for the win right there? There was nothing to freaking lose! You were sitting at 0-3 on the road. Go for the win.

There was no reason to put the game in the hands of your defense– the Bucs defense – which hadn’t stopped Washington consistently in the second half. Secondly, Josh Johnson wasn’t moving the ball down field at all. Add to that Mike Nugent is very unreliable.

Raheem The Dream blew it.

Worst case, you miss the fourt-down attempt. Then Washington is pinned back near its end zone and you’ve got a better chance of stopping them and getting back good field position.

Best case, you win the damn game.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=17363
He can't pull the risky move to start a rookie QB you think he's going to go for it! lol!!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #4 : October 04, 2009, 06:08:16 PM »

It wasn't a real aggressive play but that wasn't an awful call. You kick the FG, make a stop of a bad offense and get the ball back only needing an FG. To me that's not an awful call, it is a 50-50 call.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

« #5 : October 04, 2009, 06:14:28 PM »

Radio is retarded.  He's the worst head coach in the NFL.  He must be replaced.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #6 : October 04, 2009, 06:15:28 PM »

It wasn't a real aggressive play but that wasn't an awful call. You kick the FG, make a stop of a bad offense and get the ball back only needing an FG. To me that's not an awful call, it is a 50-50 call.

They only needed 3 yards. Get the 3 yards and win the game.

Not get the TD and you back them up on their goalline. One defensive stop and you force their kicker (since their punter was hurt) to kick from the endzone and you start your winning drive from the 40.

But by kicking the FG, you assure yourself that you must make a stop. You must drive the ball. And your kicker, who missed 2 FGs, has to make a goal.....JUST TO TIE.

Raheem made a bad decision.

Bucfanut

Starter

« #7 : October 04, 2009, 06:20:10 PM »

Agree with Joebucs fan...bad decision, heck, the Skins were 1 yard short of us never even getting the ball back. And, to boot, Nugent's fg was kicked so friggin low i thought for a second it was under the crosssbar. The irony in this...us blocking their PAT may have worked against us since down 17-10 they would've been compelled to go for it (or maybe they stupidly woulda kicked the fg anyway). Ain't that a ..yeah.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
« #8 : October 04, 2009, 06:26:29 PM »

I agree with that 100%. The offense hadn't driven the length of the field the whole game, so what made Morris think they could have all of the sudden in the 4th quarter.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #9 : October 04, 2009, 06:30:16 PM »

Maybe Raheem had recalled that they went 0-4 when they were 1st and goal at the 5yd line a week ago.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #10 : October 04, 2009, 06:31:11 PM »

Maybe Raheem had recalled that they went 0-4 when they were 1st and goal at the 5yd line a week ago.

I don't think he felt comfortable putting the game all or nothing into JJ's hands right now on one play.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #11 : October 04, 2009, 06:32:35 PM »

I agree it was 50/50.  I think in a lot of cases Raheem would go for it.  He's shown he's not risk averse in previous games, but we've failed on 4th and shorts all season.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

« #12 : October 04, 2009, 06:34:57 PM »

It was a series of blunders by "THE DREAM".  I don't understand why he refuses to use Cadillac.  Caddy is our BEST PLAYER ON EITHER SIDE OF THE BALL and he elects to put the 4th string fumbling kick returner in the game when it counts.  It must have worked in madden i guess...what a joke!

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

« #13 : October 04, 2009, 07:14:45 PM »

love that site..

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
« #14 : October 04, 2009, 07:15:35 PM »

Hard to argue with that.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JoeBucsFan blasts Raheems's decision-making « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools