Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JoeBucsFan blasts Raheems's decision-making « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

DougTheGreat

Starter

#30 : October 05, 2009, 04:56:32 AM

Another blogger with an opinion... you know what they say about opinions right?

MoCheeks

Rookie

#31 : October 05, 2009, 04:38:21 PM

Joe's not an .

DKWEST

Starter

#32 : October 05, 2009, 04:40:28 PM

Blasting Raheem Morris is like taking candy from a baby.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 05, 2009, 04:47:02 PM

I don't understand how there was even a hesitation to go for it.

Agreed...factor in the macro-situation -- 0-3 team, perceived lack of leadership in the coaching staff, needing some momentum from somewhere -- you can't call it anything but ultra-conservative...

His mentor Mike Tomlin would not have been pleased...

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 05, 2009, 04:53:51 PM

Maybe we need to check Gruden for balls as how many times did he punt the ball or kick a FG rather than go for it on fourth down???  Amazing how everybody forgets all the **CENSORED**ing and whining they have done the past seven years and think Gruden was the best thing ever.  Sorry guys but my dog who was neutered has more balls than Jon Gruden ever had but hey his one liners are awesome though!!

DKWEST

Starter

#35 : October 05, 2009, 05:07:50 PM

Maybe we need to check Gruden for balls as how many times did he punt the ball or kick a FG rather than go for it on fourth down??? Amazing how everybody forgets all the **CENSORED**ing and whining they have done the past seven years and think Gruden was the best thing ever. Sorry guys but my dog who was neutered has more balls than Jon Gruden ever had but hey his one liners are awesome though!!

Gruden had a winning record 3 out of the last 4 years and 2 Division Championships,..

There's no comparison to what we have now.

I used to have some hope at the beginning of every year,..   didn't always work out, but for the most part the Bucs were at least competetive.  Now the Bucs are all but mathematically out of playoff contention just 4 games into the season.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 05, 2009, 05:26:38 PM

josh johnson had gained 100 yards in the air all game, and you're expecting to make the stop on defense and then have JJ drive the team 50+ yards for the tie or 80 for the score? even if you don't convert that 4th down, you're starting the opponent on the 4 as opposed to the 20 or better after your field goal.

5 yards to a W, what happened to the swagger this team was supposed to show under this new coach?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 05, 2009, 05:38:06 PM

Maybe Raheem had recalled that they went 0-4 when they were 1st and goal at the 5yd line a week ago.

I don't think he felt comfortable putting the game all or nothing into JJ's hands right now on one play.

but he felt comfortable putting the ball into Clifton Smith's hands??

Maybe Raheem just didn't think about all options. Maybe he's just in over his head. Maybe the Bucs fans are getting what the Glazers paid for.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#38 : October 05, 2009, 05:44:25 PM

It wasn't a real aggressive play but that wasn't an awful call. You kick the FG, make a stop of a bad offense and get the ball back only needing an FG. To me that's not an awful call, it is a 50-50 call.

They only needed 3 yards. Get the 3 yards and win the game.

Not get the TD and you back them up on their goalline. One defensive stop and you force their kicker (since their punter was hurt) to kick from the endzone and you start your winning drive from the 40.

But by kicking the FG, you assure yourself that you must make a stop. You must drive the ball. And your kicker, who missed 2 FGs, has to make a goal.....JUST TO TIE.

Raheem made a bad decision.

Yeah and what of he does go for it and not make it in the wsshington picks up the first down? Game is still over and people will be blasting him for not kicking it so No matter what he would have choose to do people would have been questioning his call. It's a no win situation. Please have a mind of your own and stop making your decisions  from what you hear from radio and press! They are all out to make everyone believe that the world is falling and they are hooking you in

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 05, 2009, 06:16:27 PM

I would have kicked the FG. No reason to put the game on the line on a single passing play from a very inexperienced QB who struggled in the second half. Kick the FG, then when you get the ball back you have a chance to drive half the field and kick the game winner. The only wrench in the works was the inaccuracy of the kicker.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#40 : October 05, 2009, 06:19:21 PM

The field goal was the "safe" call in the game. I have no problem with that call, the D did its job and stopped the Skins so we could get the ball back.

What was the wrong call?

It was giving the ball to Clifton Smith in that situation.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 05, 2009, 06:56:50 PM

4-yard play for the win > 61-81 yard drive for tie/win.

Try 45 yards. Nowhere NEAR the yardage you describe.

61 - 45 = 16.

That's not exactly "nowhere NEAR".

I mean, it's pretty close.

Just sayin.

Anyone that thinks JJ had a better chance at that last 90 second drive then he did at the 4 yard play is on drugs.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 05, 2009, 06:21:03 PM

It was giving the ball to Clifton Smith in that situation.

No doubt, thus my thread on the subject after the game. Poor, poor, poor decision.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 05, 2009, 06:22:59 PM

No reason to put the game on the line on a single passing play from a very inexperienced QB who struggled in the second half. Kick the FG, then when you get the ball back you have a chance to drive half the field and kick the game winner.

The problem with this line of thinking, IMO, is that you are expecting that "very inexperienced QB who struggled in the half" to string together multiple (successful) passing plays - instead of one passing play for 3 yards.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 05, 2009, 06:33:49 PM

The problem with this line of thinking, IMO, is that you are expecting that "very inexperienced QB who struggled in the half" to string together multiple (successful) passing plays - instead of one passing play for 3 yards.

Actually one pass in the red zone is less than a 50-50 shot even worse for a QB like JJ.

When you let him pass further from the goalline his odds increase due to space and cushion. In each series of 10 yards he has 4 shots to make that so you have better odds per play and more opportunities to achieve your goal. Plus, with the first FG he doesn't have to achive anything in the hard to pass in red zone.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JoeBucsFan blasts Raheems's decision-making « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools