Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grade Josh Johnson's performance A-F « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12

AcuraT

Starter

#165 : October 12, 2009, 02:52:24 PM

Apparently, some of us are not the only ones who think JJ was impressive on Sunday...

I don't care that Josh Johnson's stats (26 of 50, 240 yards, two touchdown, three picks) were pedestrian Sunday at Philadelphia. If you saw much of the game, which I did, you saw a bold quarterback with growing confidence. I'd start him not just one or two more weeks -- I'd give him the rest of the year.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/10/11/week5/5.html#ixzz0Tjbz5OGm

Thanks for sharing.  For a guy who has been third team QB his whole career, I hope to heck this blows up in Raheem Morris' face.  I want him to succeed so that Mr. Franchise (Josh Freeman) stays on the bench, and the guy who was designated "Career backup" by Mr. Morris gets to play more.  That is the best scenario I have heard so far - just another bad decision by the current bunch running the team.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#166 : October 12, 2009, 04:34:03 PM

Why would you want Freeman to fail?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

OKC_Buc

Starter

#167 : October 12, 2009, 04:43:18 PM

Why would you want Freeman to fail?

I don't think he was intending that he wants Freeman to fail but instead, he was trying to say he want's Johnson to succeed.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#168 : October 12, 2009, 04:47:26 PM

but wasn't he one of the ones that wanted a fair and real QB competition? Why would he want the current back-up of the future to be "given" a chance to start and develop over the guy that the organization just drafted?

Doesn't sound wise or thoughtful.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grade Josh Johnson's performance A-F « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools