Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grade Josh Johnson's performance A-F « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 04, 2009, 07:52:06 PM

What I saw from the first half the redskins were playing some man and Johnson was comfortable in dealing with it. The second half rolls around they switch it up on him disguise their zones into looking like man making it harder for an inexperienced QB in his first start ever.

With that being said. You have to love the ability to make a play with his feet. He said himself he is not a run first guy, today he was. he needs to relax and let the receivers get open on their routes. Really, I only saw 3 really bad passes, one you can chalk up to throwing into double coverage and D. Hall making a play. Number 2 you could say Smith ran a piss poor route and the ball was almost picked off. Number 3 was when he really overthrew Jerramy Stevens on the bootleg.

Overall the kid put us in position to to score 3 times outside of his first TD. That was a possibilty of 9pts which we only converted 3.

We get those kicks the kid gets his first ever win and our first win this season.

Overall grade from me? B-

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 04, 2009, 07:52:24 PM

he needs a lot more work before he is ready to be under center every snap though.

No way considering our options... and the way JJ played, he is the man for the job. Who else is? BL no. Freeman? No. Freeman needs some time to work into the game... and actually, I think JJ is the guy... so Freeman is either out back up for the next 5-1o years or he's worth a 2nd round pick trade.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 04, 2009, 07:53:02 PM

Also to add to that, is it me or does this kid seem more comfortable when he's being blitzed??

vladin

Starter

#33 : October 04, 2009, 07:53:06 PM

c-

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 04, 2009, 07:53:32 PM

Sub Jeff Garcia.

Imagine that.  Leftwich had a better performance than Garcia in week 1 and since then the typical Garcia performance would have been better

Start Freeman against Carolina.  Josh Johnson will never want to play football again after facing the Eagles D next week.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 04, 2009, 07:54:20 PM

Completions not where YOU need them to be...LOL �I didn't see the confusion I saw a guy extending the play with his feet and no being a sitting duck...The bad pick? �Have a you seen any good picks get thrown?

You didn't see confusion? Holding the ball too long = confused. You saw him bailing out ASAP. He was basically street balling the entire game.

I'll look again, as I always do, but no I didn't see confusion

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 04, 2009, 07:55:40 PM

Sub Jeff Garcia.

Imagine that. �Leftwich had a better performance than Garcia in week 1 and since then the typical Garcia performance would have been better

Start Freeman against Carolina. �Josh Johnson will never want to play football again after facing the Eagles D next week.

Ok, you just erased any credibility you may have had on this site. Might as well leave and save yourself further embarrassment.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#37 : October 04, 2009, 08:00:56 PM

he needs a lot more work before he is ready to be under center every snap though.

No way considering our options... and the way JJ played, he is the man for the job. Who else is? BL no. Freeman? No. Freeman needs some time to work into the game... and actually, I think JJ is the guy... so Freeman is either out back up for the next 5-1o years or he's worth a 2nd round pick trade.
I meant that he needs a lot more work before he is ready to be an NFL caliber QB, it doesn't really matter who is under center right now, the team isn't making a miraculous comeback. I don't think as a passer JJ is as good as Freeman, but he has had more time in the NFL and it won't hurt him as much as it may Freeman to take some lumps now.

JJ more than likely as a starting QB is not the solution long term, not saying Freeman is, but I like him as a true QB over JJ right now. I think JJ has a lot of value to the team as a playmaker used in a WC offense and some different ways, but as an everydown QB, the kid more than likely is not the answer, and he will hold place until the coaches feel it is safe enough to let Freeman start to get some experience.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 04, 2009, 08:06:37 PM

Sub Jeff Garcia.

Imagine that. �Leftwich had a better performance than Garcia in week 1 and since then the typical Garcia performance would have been better

Start Freeman against Carolina. �Josh Johnson will never want to play football again after facing the Eagles D next week.

Ok, you just erased any credibility you may have had on this site. Might as well leave and save yourself further embarrassment.

Ya see, If I believed everything someone told me, (i.e. how a delusional person like you believes in the current regime), then I would probably listen to you....but considering I am correct about the current state of the Bucs....I think your statement holds no credibility.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 04, 2009, 08:08:03 PM

I don't know, somebody still pimping a QB who can't hold a job in NFL doesn't have much credibility in most circles.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#40 : October 04, 2009, 08:09:44 PM

I'd say a C.  I don't know if receivers were covered, but it seemed like he was too quick to run, like Ron Mexico.  If that is his style, he won't last long.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#41 : October 04, 2009, 08:10:33 PM

I don't know, somebody still pimping a QB who can't hold a job in NFL doesn't have much credibility in most circles.
LMAO...

Thank you for some comic relief on another sunday in need of some.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 04, 2009, 08:15:03 PM

I can guarantee you...ask 100 Analysist who would have been better for the Bucs..Leftwich or Garcia...and I guarantee an overwelming majority pick the limp wristed Garcia.  Laugh and joke all you want Biggs, but your the one blindly following this current regime to an 0-16 season.

And as it's time to see Johnson or Freeman, Josh Johnson was NOT GOOD today.  Of course, we'll give him more time, but I was just saying that the QB play this year has not been better than the typical Jeff Garcia play of the past 2 years.  Yes, Week 1 Leftwich looked better, but since then, I'd take that crap QB play from Garcia that so many of you hated...

but now, you can't admit you're wrong because that would make you look bad, so you'll defend an 0-16 regime...

I say let Josh Johnson get manhandled against Philly defense, then throw in Freeman against Carolina at home...

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 04, 2009, 08:16:21 PM

Imo, I think he gets a B, if you factor in him being "new" and hardly getting any reps in the offseason.

I ALmost want to give him an A, because that was the closest game we've had yet. However, the defense seemed a bit better today (against the skins anyway) so it's hard to judge JJ's performance compared to BL's. I'll give the kid some credit, he really could have done worse on his first outing like many others before him have had. I'd say he had a better day than Campbell who's been playing in the league longer with possibly a better team. I don't think he's the "answer", but it's a nice start for the guy and a more swallow-able loss (if there is such a thing).

Well, I think he IS the answer. If he can garner a C from the majority and a B from some (like you for instance) in his FIRST game as a starter, imagine what he can do when he gets some experience under his belt. JJ really is a good QB. I don't know about Freeman. He hasn't been given a shot yet... but he's a rookie, I don't think he should get one this year (unless JJ stinks it up for at least 3 more games). But I doubt thats gonna happen. JJ is like a super accurate Mike Vick minus the cruelty to animals.

You know he's a really good QB after one game in which he played just average?   A super accurate Mike Vick?   Wha?  I don't know what to even say with that one.  They have nothing in common other then skin color.    You must really love the guy to mention him in the same post as Brady or Farve.    

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 04, 2009, 08:19:16 PM

Freeman is not coming in this year. Face the facts. If he were, you would be seeing him start this game not Johnson. The only way he gets a shot this year is if Johnson gets hurt.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grade Josh Johnson's performance A-F « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools