Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your the Owners/GM « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

: October 04, 2009, 07:53:09 PM

What do you do after this season to get us back to being a winning team again? Anything you want. It could even be sell the team. Your the boss of the team and do what you want to turn this team into a winner again. Who would have as HC? Who would you release? Who would you spend money on? Who would you draft?

What would you do?

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 04, 2009, 07:56:01 PM

Sell Man U, keep Raheem, Mark, Olson and Bates, draft the best available player at every position of need in the draft (WR, DE, DT, CB, and OL), go after young proven free agents and cut ties with these sorry fans that wish the team bad fortunes because their boy toy no longer coaches here.  I don't have a list of free agents for next year so I can't give you specifics in terms of names.

armydx316

Starter

#2 : October 04, 2009, 07:57:59 PM

Scouting department would be completely overhauled, get some guys in here that actually know how to scout.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 04, 2009, 07:58:58 PM

I would start with rebuilding the front office.. Bring in someone that knows football to be the GM or to be the coach/GM.. Rebuild the scout staff, and start from there.. Completely cut ties with wasted 1st round pics or try to redo contracts to get us cap friendly ones.. Then I would bring in some vet leadership.. Look at the difference when we had vets like garcia and trotter on our rosters.. it made a big deal..

Then draft wisely..

Build Strong offensive lines and D Lines cause thats where you win the game.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 04, 2009, 08:03:01 PM

Fire Raheem, Hire Mattison (DC at Baltinore) as HC.  Hire Teerlinick (DL at Pittsburgh) as DC.  Move Adams to RDE.  Try to trade down in the 1st, if no good value tades take Suh in the 1st, Selvie in the 2nd.  Be aggressive in FA.  Sell Man U.  I'm still looking for OC candidates

[Add witty one liner here]

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 04, 2009, 08:03:44 PM

I wouldn't sell the team EVER if I were the owner... and I would keep Rah and Dom. The draft? I dunno. I'm not at all educated on college players. Come draft time, I'll get educated and I'd be able to answer this question a little better. Also, I'll know who's available in FA. IMO, the players are the ones who need to be replaced in some areas.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#6 : October 04, 2009, 08:14:22 PM

you dont have to put down the draft if you dont know much about it. You dont have to sell the team either. Just tell your opinion.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 04, 2009, 08:16:36 PM

Id whack everyone bring in Cowher and let him develop his own scouting team, get his own coaching staff and go to work

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 04, 2009, 08:18:21 PM

also.. I would bring in some depth.. spend some money by protecting myself.. always have those players looking over their shoulder cause the person behind them isnt that bad and hungry to start..

There are some quality free agents we passed up on that coulda added depth.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#9 : October 04, 2009, 08:20:37 PM

Admit that I am the problem with the team and sell it to someone that has a genuine interest in building and sustaining a winning team.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 04, 2009, 08:27:09 PM

Fire Raheem, Hire Mattison (DC at Baltinore) as HC.  Hire Teerlinick (DL at Pittsburgh) as DC.  Move Adams to RDE.  Try to trade down in the 1st, if no good value tades take Suh in the 1st, Selvie in the 2nd.  Be aggressive in FA.  Sell Man U.  I'm still looking for OC candidates

What was I thinking, Hire Joe Lombardi (Saints QB coach) as OC.  He doesn't have as much experience as some but have ya seen Brees lately?  I also agree about bringing in some veteran leadership to help guide the young guns.  We are missing DB right now more than any player we have lost for that very reason.  Maybe he should get a crack at LB coach?

[Add witty one liner here]

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 04, 2009, 08:28:49 PM

Brees played well in San Diego, I dont think joe had much to do with it.

Brees was hitting his prime.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 04, 2009, 08:29:07 PM

Hire Mike Ditka let him run the team

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 04, 2009, 08:34:13 PM

Keep Rah but see if he can go to DC and give Shanahan a call and John Harbaugh (Stanford coach) a call as well for HC.
Not so sure yet about OC candidates.
Say bye to leftwich as well as Clayton.
In FA get a legit Wr #2 and give him a reason to not look anywhere else as well as another corner and let Cox go.
Resign Bryant and Ruud.

Draft Suh round 1 and depending on how Gaines does either go De in round 2 or Safety.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 04, 2009, 08:36:20 PM

Bring Ditka in...who would win in a fight Ditka...or a hurricane?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your the Owners/GM « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools