Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your the Owners/GM « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 04, 2009, 08:38:54 PM

Fire Raheem and Olson. Cut Leftwich, Nugent, and Clayton. Bench Adams.

Hire someone, anyone, with experience building a team and who can identify/develop talent.

Draft heavy defense. At least 2 DBs, a DL, and a LB. Maybe begin bringing in personnel for an eventual switch to a 3-4.

Spend some money to bring in some talent and pro-bowler or two even just for the short-term.

Lower ticket prices, drop the deposit requirements, and try to fill the stadium with BUCS fans.

grungy

Second String
#16 : October 04, 2009, 09:02:46 PM

1. Hire a real GM. Someone who understands how to build a football team. Make him the head of the operation, but also make him understand his accountability.
2. Let the GM hire the coach. He will find someone who has the same fundamental philosophy.
3. Let the coach hire his own assistants.
4. Let the coach and GM reshape the team in their image. Understand that this will take time.
5. Spend money on the scouting department. Make this a priority.
6. Lower ticket prices. Try to reconnect with the fan base.

What not to do:
1. Bring in a coach/general manager ala Shanahan, Holmgren et al.
2. Go cheap. Hire a proven commodity; do not hire a guy and let him learn on the job.
3. Chase every high profile free agent. Build through the draft; patch holes through free agency.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#17 : October 05, 2009, 02:39:26 AM

1. Hire a real GM. Someone who understands how to build a football team. Make him the head of the operation, but also make him understand his accountability.
2. Let the GM hire the coach. He will find someone who has the same fundamental philosophy.
3. Let the coach hire his own assistants.
4. Let the coach and GM reshape the team in their image. Understand that this will take time.
5. Spend money on the scouting department. Make this a priority.
6. Lower ticket prices. Try to reconnect with the fan base.

What not to do:
1. Bring in a coach/general manager ala Shanahan, Holmgren et al.
2. Go cheap. Hire a proven commodity; do not hire a guy and let him learn on the job.
3. Chase every high profile free agent. Build through the draft; patch holes through free agency.

I think that is interesting of hiring a GM who hires the coach. Not the other way around.

bucsmontana

Second String

#18 : October 05, 2009, 02:41:15 AM

I would get rid of any QB who has had any contact with Gruden.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#19 : October 05, 2009, 04:07:31 AM

1: Try and hire Mike Holmgren as GM, keep rah but let the GM sort out the other coaches and let him dictate the way things should be.
2: win back fan loyalty. reduce ticket prices to reflect the product on the field and only raise ticket prices if the team has a winning season.
3: Trade who I can for the highest draft picks I can get so that the new regime has a lot of options to play with.
4: Stick with 1 QB and 1 RB for as long as I can, the rotation of backs is stupid and the QB battle was a farce we all called.
5: Trade 1st round draft pick for a lower one + additionals. We need lots of players not one who may bust out like our last high DL draft pick has.
6: As owner not be afraid to get into players and coaches faces if you think they are just cashing the cheque or not preparing the team properly.

watson

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 05, 2009, 04:41:23 AM

Current owner:  Sell the team

New owner:  Never listen to "the fans" in regards to who my GM, Scouts, Personnel People and Coaches are.  Let my GM his staff and the coaches run the football operation.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 05, 2009, 07:10:45 AM

Let my GM his staff and the coaches run the football operation.
That's how we ended up with all the crappy players we have.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 05, 2009, 07:21:31 AM

'Yor the Owner' ROCKS!

Orangegone1

Starter

#23 : October 05, 2009, 09:43:14 AM

I would unload any assets(players) for draft picks. Barber and Graham may be the only 2. I wouldn't give G. Adams away yet. Get some DL help and see what he can do. They have to go CB in the 1st 3 rounds anyway so Barber is expendable. It looks like a top 3 pick so it would be great to move down. Need DL line help and a quick receiver. I don't think giving A. Bryant a long term deal is smart and Clayton has to go. So FA receivers and a draft pick. I would love to see Cowher come here. They lost players every year and he still found replacements and was competitive. We need to find good people at judging talent. I wouldn't even mind keeping RM if we could find someone that can lead the draft. We got the late pick for McCown and if we can add a few more picks along with the very high picks we will have in each round, this team can finally get some impact players

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#24 : October 05, 2009, 09:45:03 AM

Simple... Fire Radio and get a real head coach.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 05, 2009, 09:51:26 AM

1. New defensive coordinator who can make players play with passion and aggression.
2. New offensive coordinator who can get the most out of the players.
3. Start Freeman week 1 of 2010.
4. Dump Trueblood and find a mid level free agent right tackle or hope Johnson or Dotson step up.
5. Dump Clayton and find a new receiver who talks about himself a lot less en route to catching 500 yards.
6. Draft quick twitch RDE.
7. Move Adams to LDE to rotate with Crowder.
8. Dump Sims and Hovan.
9. Start Roy Miller.
10. Draft premium DT.
11. Dre Moore becomes #3 DT.
12. Find an enforcer to play MLB.
13. Bring in competition at SS for Piscitelli.
14. Use 2nd or 3rd round pick on CB to replace Barber.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#26 : October 05, 2009, 09:58:32 AM

The thing you have to consider is that Dominik and Morris were a package deal.  Dominik didn't get to "pick" his coach.  Even if somehow Rah gets canned, I don't think Dominik is going anywhere.  He put together a good draft and was aggressive in FA, even though we fell short, I am glad we didn't get hosed on the Haynesworth deal.  My gut is that Dominik gets a chance to really pitch his ideas for a coach and team direction before he goes on the hot seat.  Considering the owners wanted a youth movement, I really don't see him going after Shanahan or Holmgren.  Cower is a possibility I suppose but the reality is he probably wants to coach Carolina and if that doesn't happen, Snyder will pay a lot more than the Glazers will.  I assume he looks for a proven OC or DC to fill the position and works with them to complete the staff.  Either way, it is apparent that Bates and Olsen have to go or we will ruin what young talent we have.  I doubt we go to the college ranks as that has not proven to work well lately.  As I said, I like Mattison (DC at Baltimore) but there are some good coordinators out there that have a proven history of winning and have been influenced by a good HC (think, Steelers, Saints, Colts, etc).  We can't exclude someone coming out of Minnesota based on the rebuilding job they have done there.  In the beginning of the season I didn't see any way Raheem would lose the job in one year but now I am having a hard time seeing how he can keep it through the end of the season.  Sad state of affairs we are in, but with the right personnel and a good draft I think we can rebound fairly quickly.

[Add witty one liner here]

watson

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 06, 2009, 07:07:57 AM

Not if they didn't stay so far under the salary cap.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 06, 2009, 07:11:06 AM

Not if they didn't stay so far under the salary cap.
The Bucs are already spending more money on free agent players than any team in the NFC South. The biggest problem in not being able to draft Peppers, Gross, Ryan, Steve Smith, Will Smith, Charles Grant type players with our own picks.

DKWEST

Starter

#29 : October 06, 2009, 07:23:53 AM

cut ties with these sorry fans that wish the team bad fortunes because their boy toy no longer coaches here.

Nobody wishes the team bad fortunes,..

Many thought that a coach with 2 Division Championships in the last 3 years was not so bad, and predicted bad fortunes when they hired a guy with no experiance, with no formal interview process.

It was the sorry fans that ran a decent coach out of town, and didn't appreciate what they had, that the ties should be cut with. But they got what they wanted, and now all the Bucs fans have to live with it for years to come.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your the Owners/GM « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools