Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barrett Ruud is Overrated! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

NYC BUC

Second String
: October 04, 2009, 10:03:46 PM

Ruud is a great guy but he is way overrated. It's not his fault were 0-4 but after watching the film over and over he rarely makes impact plays or bone crushing hits like a true nasty middle linebacker should. I'm tired of seeing this guy make 15 tackles 5 yards down the field! Great MLB's charge in the hole and crush the ball carrier! Thats what made Nickerson, Ray Lewis, Singletary great. And what's worse is that he is not a passionate leader. We need an upgrade there to become great!

kouki s14

Starter

#1 : October 04, 2009, 10:05:10 PM

Wow thats all I have to say.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 04, 2009, 10:05:15 PM

We need a legit defensive scheme before we right ruud off.  It's not his fault Sims and Hovan suck

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 04, 2009, 10:06:33 PM

He's not a thumper

imamonsterbuc

Practice Squad

#4 : October 04, 2009, 10:16:38 PM

i think hes overrated also. not say he sucks. dammit hes not a top 10 mlb

he doesn't make any impact play. i sometimes forget hes even playing. hes slow for how fast these mlbs are today

and he is not the leader of this dfense. imho if he keep playing like he is now

we should start looking at brandon spikes from florida or any top lb . just my opinion

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 04, 2009, 10:20:30 PM

I disagree with the thread. Ruud is a good player that will be great IF he can take command of the team. Right now he is just tackling people and collecting a check. THE MAN NEEDS TO DEVELOP SOME LEADERSHIP SKILLS.

He has the numbers to back him up, like I've said in other threads, he wasn't voted team captain for a reason...

DougTheGreat

Starter

#6 : October 04, 2009, 10:21:20 PM

Oh hey look, Barrett Ruud 2nd in the entire NFL so far in Total Tackles, 4th last year. But hey, he lacks the flashy plays... so he must suck.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 04, 2009, 10:34:13 PM

There are pretty much two traits you look for in a middle linebacker:

1. a physical enforcer

2. a fiery leader

And Ruud is neither.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 04, 2009, 10:35:36 PM

Oh hey look, Barrett Ruud 2nd in the entire NFL so far in Total Tackles, 4th last year. But hey, he lacks the flashy plays... so he must suck.

That's only because the Bucs have been on the field for significantly more plays on defense than most teams. I would like to see how his tackles-per-play ratio stacks up to the others.

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#9 : October 04, 2009, 10:36:33 PM

If they came out with a new CBA, I would leave to. Who would honestly want to come play for us. Even though we have Fort Knox under the Training Center.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 04, 2009, 10:39:35 PM

When we are winning everyone is drooling on Ruud's sack but when we are losing he is the problem?

Wow...

He lacks the leadership, if he had that piece he would be a complete MLB. Ruud can be an enforcer when he inserts his will upon his opponents, that comes with leadership as well. I think about the helicopter hit from last year..

sma2680

Practice Squad

#11 : October 04, 2009, 10:40:39 PM

Exactly.  Ruud wraps up and makes tackles...he doesn't miss tackles trying to make a big hit or strip the ball out.  After the first 4 games, the two players I am most impressed with are Ruud and Caddy.  I couldn't disagree with this thread more.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 04, 2009, 10:42:10 PM

Ruud is the best player on the Bucs roster.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 04, 2009, 10:42:52 PM

There are pretty much two traits you look for in a middle linebacker:

1. a physical enforcer

2. a fiery leader

And Ruud is neither.

He worked great in a Kiffen D where his intelligence and range helped him diagnose pass/run then drop into deep coverage quickly.  In a more traditional 4-3 I think he might make more sense on the outside.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 04, 2009, 10:53:17 PM

He worked great in a Kiffen D where his intelligence and range helped him diagnose pass/run then drop into deep coverage quickly.  In a more traditional 4-3 I think he might make more sense on the outside.
Agreed. He's only Shelton Quarles level good, which is good when you have Brooks, Sapp, Rice, Lynch, and (young) Barber, but not so good now. We need a MLB who is Nickerson level good.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barrett Ruud is Overrated! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools