Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barrett Ruud is Overrated! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

the big show

Second String

#15 : October 04, 2009, 11:04:18 PM

If Ruud was gone the Bucs would give up 200 more yards a game.

chuckylove

Practice Squad
#16 : October 04, 2009, 11:18:47 PM

Really, you say we need a upgrade at MLB to become great. Are you kidding me, we need to upgrade half the team just to become Mediocre. Leave Barrett alone

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 04, 2009, 11:20:25 PM

Barrett Ruud is Overrated!

by Buc fans, i agree. Dude is not a premiere MLB. And FRG, Ruud can't hold Quarles' jock.

-------------------------------------------------------

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 04, 2009, 11:30:35 PM

who did Quarles have playing around him, oh yea, very difficult to compare players in this regard.  Quarles played with the best D-line in Bucs history, Ruud, uh, not so much.  I don't think he's in the top 5 MLB, but he's not part of the problem IMO, it's the entire D-line where the majority of the problems on defense lie.  Still disgusted with Duminik that he didn't choose to upgrade our Dline.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#19 : October 05, 2009, 12:35:14 AM

Ruud can't get off blocks period and he never delivers a hit to the ball carrier in the hole. All of his plays are down field and his tackle numbers are overinflated with assists that the coaches reviewing the film give him if he is near the play.

ilovebeer

Starter

#20 : October 05, 2009, 01:08:42 AM

Ruud smacked Choice pretty hard week 1.

Buccaneers40

Rookie

#21 : October 05, 2009, 02:06:16 AM

By far Ruud is the best player on the Defense, if anything he is underrated he has done great the past few years. He makes great tackles and actually wraps up, i don't think i've seen him once get shutdown by a runner or dive and miss tackles. He's a smart player and just cause he's not a loud mouth like Ray Lewis doesn't mean he's not a great MLB. There are lots of different types of players out there, and he does his job and leads by example. Or maybe you'd prefer a player who does a dance after every tackle like merriman or lewis.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#22 : October 05, 2009, 02:15:07 AM

By far Ruud is the best player on the Defense, if anything he is underrated he has done great the past few years. He makes great tackles and actually wraps up, i don't think i've seen him once get shutdown by a runner or dive and miss tackles. He's a smart player and just cause he's not a loud mouth like Ray Lewis doesn't mean he's not a great MLB. There are lots of different types of players out there, and he does his job and leads by example. Or maybe you'd prefer a player who does a dance after every tackle like merriman or lewis.

ruud better than jackson? are you kidding me?

he's the king of making tackles 5 yards downfield and racking up assists he doesn't deserve

Buccaneers40

Rookie

#23 : October 05, 2009, 02:25:12 AM

he's the king of making tackles 5 yards downfield and racking up assists he doesn't deserve

I stand by what i say and Rudd's also smarter then jackson... cause where's jackson the past few games.. oh yeah not playing. I like jackson alot but, Ruud really is the best player we have right on this defense. He gets tackles and does his job.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#24 : October 05, 2009, 02:44:32 AM

Ruud's good. He is just not "splash play" good. He will get you the tackles and is good enough to be a starter but there is def better. I really like that FL linebacker. I forget his name. I think he is going to be a star in this league.

DougTheGreat

Starter

#25 : October 05, 2009, 02:48:23 AM

That's funny, 4th in the NFL last year in SOLO TACKLES. You're free to quit talking out of your ass whenever you're ready.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 05, 2009, 04:39:01 AM

His tackles come 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.  He is a very average player who is every bit the reason teams have no problem running on us. 

The title of this thread is spot on. 

DougTheGreat

Starter

#27 : October 05, 2009, 04:55:27 AM

His tackles come 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.  He is a very average player who is every bit the reason teams have no problem running on us. 

The title of this thread is spot on. 

Maybe he tackles "5 yards" behind the line because we have the worst D-Line in the NFL? And I love how "he tackles 5 yards behind the line" is now concrete. Can someone provide some evidence besides "oh well I durrr uh, I looked, ya... I looked".

#28 : October 05, 2009, 06:07:35 AM

Ruud isnt overrated...  he's just over-worked.   he's playing the role of two LBs becuase our LB crew sucks.  Ruud is decent, hayes has potential, but everyone else they stick there really sucks.   Ruud has to be everywhere, at all times.  its to much. 

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#29 : October 05, 2009, 06:58:03 AM

There are pretty much two traits you look for in a middle linebacker:

1. a physical enforcer

2. a fiery leader

And Ruud is neither.

He worked great in a Kiffen D where his intelligence and range helped him diagnose pass/run then drop into deep coverage quickly.  In a more traditional 4-3 I think he might make more sense on the outside.
There are pretty much two traits you look for in a middle linebacker:

1. a physical enforcer

2. a fiery leader

And Ruud is neither.

Comment:  I wish he would clothesline players like Butkus  did, that would be awesome, or maybe he should  drop atomic elbows on the pile....

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barrett Ruud is Overrated! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools