Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why arent we more aggressive? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 05, 2009, 10:03:08 AM

Screwed himself by not kissing the Glazers behinds?   What do they know about football anyway?

Screwed himself by making himself a stranger to the defensive players.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 05, 2009, 10:04:51 AM

Ya, the Bucs are obviously much better of now...   good call.   I guess 0-16 is better than 9-7 in your eyes.

Opinion doesn't change fact. Gruden screwed himself and the team and thus his dismissal was the right thing to do. Where this team goes from here is another matter altogether.

It should be starting to creep into your mind that firing Gruden wasn't necessary after all. We have taken an enormous step backwards with no indication whatsoever the new regime will ever get back to where we were last year much less surpass it.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 05, 2009, 10:05:08 AM

Screwed himself by not kissing the Glazers behinds? � What do they know about football anyway?

Ya, I guess he shouldn't have put his trust in Monte.   It's not like Monte had provided a top notch defense in Tampa the last 10 years or so or anything like that.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 05, 2009, 10:05:41 AM

Screwed himself by not kissing the Glazers behinds? � What do they know about football anyway?

I think that was out of respect with Monte which backfired on Jon.  I do recall Jon being very close with the defensive players with the Raiders.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 05, 2009, 10:08:41 AM

It should be starting to creep into your mind that firing Gruden wasn't necessary after all.

Not at all. He completely lost this team due to his failure. Again, I'm a guy who really likes Coach Gruden, but once I started hearing what I heard from veteran players it became very clear to me that his time here needed to end.

We have taken an enormous step backwards with no indication whatsoever the new regime will ever get back to where we were last year much less surpass it.

Well, that has nothing to do with the need for Coach Gruden's removal. That's simply a correct decision followed up by an incorrect one.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 05, 2009, 10:12:19 AM

Rah = awful coach.

Bates = overrated D-co.

Olson = mini-Gruden, with less football acumen, and a faster ability to ditch the run when it churns.

Dominik = clueless.  Digger Daly?

Glazers = Man U love.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 05, 2009, 10:12:36 AM

I think that was out of respect with Monte which backfired on Jon. �I do recall Jon being very close with the defensive players with the Raiders.

He needed to be more involved with the defensive team, regardless of respect. It doesn't disrespect your DC if the HC shows up to some defensive team meetings or spends time talking to the defensive players once or so a week. You had guys on this team who were emotionally punched in the gut (with a couple of exceptions) when the Monte news came out and they needed their HC to step in and take control of the situation. They felt abandoned and when they should have been able to look to their HC for leadership he was little more than a stranger to them.

Again, opinion about that doesn't change fact. And the fact is, he lost this team and his failure cost them the playoffs last season and ultimately his own job. That's all on him, there need not be any excuses here.

BTW, he also recognizes his mistake, so at least he's learned from it.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 05, 2009, 10:13:08 AM

It should be starting to creep into your mind that firing Gruden wasn't necessary after all.

Not at all. He completely lost this team due to his failure. Again, I'm a guy who really likes Coach Gruden, but once I started hearing what I heard from veteran players it became very clear to me that his time here needed to end.

We have taken an enormous step backwards with no indication whatsoever the new regime will ever get back to where we were last year much less surpass it.

Well, that has nothing to do with the need for Coach Gruden's removal. That's simply a correct decision followed up by an incorrect one.

How about their time here needed to end? In the end Gruden won here more than any other coach in spite of the well documented spending issues and lack of early draft picks. Yet that wasn't enough. Pro athletes today prove more and more it's all about the money and nothing else. I guarantee the Glazers regret firing Gruden because boy do they have a mess on their hands now.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 05, 2009, 10:14:17 AM

Their feelings were hurt?   Sounds like a bunch of little girls on the defense.  No wonder they suck.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 05, 2009, 10:15:32 AM

How about their time here needed to end?

How about recognizing the fact that Coach Gruden completely BLEW IT? Even he himself recognizes this fact. People need to move on, that ship has sailed, regardless of what has become of this team since then.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 05, 2009, 10:17:36 AM

And Raheem already totally BLEW IT this year.   That's painfully obvious...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 05, 2009, 10:19:05 AM

Yes it is the responsibility in the end of the HC to take control but....

Their feelings were hurt?   Sounds like a bunch of little girls on the defense. �No wonder they suck.

I have to agree with this.

The defense needs to be blown up and they need to bring in some freaking razor sharp mother fudgers on the defensive side of the ball.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#27 : October 05, 2009, 10:21:53 AM

And Raheem already totally BLEW IT this year. That's painfully obvious...

Unfortunately, the Glazers thought they were getting another Tomlin.  I think they blew it more than anyone.  They took virtually no time to find a head coach.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 05, 2009, 10:24:38 AM

How about their time here needed to end?

How about recognizing the fact that Coach Gruden completely BLEW IT? Even he himself recognizes this fact. People need to move on, that ship has sailed, regardless of what has become of this team since then.

Gruden is just too classy to pin things on other people, he's still young and has years of football ahead of him. The last thing he's going to do is burn bridges by throwing former co-workers under the bus. You keep talking about him "blowing it", but what exactly did HE blow? Yes we had a late season collapse but it's quite obvious who deserves the majority of the blame for that...it ain't Gruden. If someone told you we are going to rank last in spending for the next five years under Raheem what kind of success would you expect out of him? The fact that Gruden was even able to win at all given the circumstances shows how good of a coach he is. I find the timing of things amusing...I guarantee if some of the greatest coaches in the history of the game...at any level...coached today, they would be the least liked coaches around. That's all due to the new mindset players have that THEY are the boss. Professional athletes today have zero clue how the real world works, they see all of those zero's on their checks and think they run the team. Players didn't like Gruden for one reason, he didn't kiss their butt, it's sad that this is what the NFL has become. Raheem isn't a tenth of the coach Gruden is, and never will be...yet he is on our sidelines while Gruden is up in the booth, unreal.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 05, 2009, 10:26:23 AM

Raheem isn't a tenth of the coach Gruden is, and never will be...yet he is on our sidelines while Gruden is up in the booth, unreal.

Can I use this as my tag line?   
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why arent we more aggressive? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools