Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why arent we more aggressive? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 05, 2009, 10:26:48 AM

Their feelings were hurt?   Sounds like a bunch of little girls on the defense. �No wonder they suck.

I'll put into into a context you can better relate to: you head into work today and before you clock in and put on your paper hat and start making the french fries, you find out your assistant manager for whom you've worked hard for so many years has quit. She's someone you've looked up to and respected for a long time, a real constant in your professional world. Just like that, no warning, she's gone. Now you're making fries and you're filled with doubt.

You lack confidence now, and worry that the fries are going to burn. What happens if two baskets of fries ding at the same time? How are you going to handle the pressure knowing that your assistant manager is abandoning you? You wait for your store manager to step in and talk to the crew and provide that steady leadership hand that you need to stay on the right track, but this is a guy who's barely said two words to you since you've worked there. You need to know that the captain of the ship still has things on course, but he's always been a guy who spent all his time working with the cashiers and the drive through and never spent any time with the kitchen or the fry guys.

Lunch rush is rapidly approaching, and now the store manager is slow to react and his detachment from the kitchen staff has lead to doubt among the crew. He didn't act decisively or firmly enough to salvage the lunch rush, and his detachment from you makes it seem like he's paying just lip service to your real doubts about your individual success and ability to perform your regular duties.

Before you know it, your fries are burning and it's too late to save them.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 05, 2009, 10:27:39 AM

Raheem isn't a tenth of the coach Gruden is, and never will be...yet he is on our sidelines while Gruden is up in the booth, unreal.

Can I use this as my tag line?   

have at it

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 05, 2009, 10:28:20 AM

How about their time here needed to end?

How about recognizing the fact that Coach Gruden completely BLEW IT? Even he himself recognizes this fact. People need to move on, that ship has sailed, regardless of what has become of this team since then.

Gruden is just too classy to pin things on other people, he's still young and has years of football ahead of him. The last thing he's going to do is burn bridges by throwing former co-workers under the bus. You keep talking about him "blowing it", but what exactly did HE blow? Yes we had a late season collapse but it's quite obvious who deserves the majority of the blame for that...it ain't Gruden. If someone told you we are going to rank last in spending for the next five years under Raheem what kind of success would you expect out of him? The fact that Gruden was even able to win at all given the circumstances shows how good of a coach he is. I find the timing of things amusing...I guarantee if some of the greatest coaches in the history of the game...at any level...coached today, they would be the least liked coaches around. That's all due to the new mindset players have that THEY are the boss. Professional athletes today have zero clue how the real world works, they see all of those zero's on their checks and think they run the team. Players didn't like Gruden for one reason, he didn't kiss their butt, it's sad that this is what the NFL has become. Raheem isn't a tenth of the coach Gruden is, and never will be...yet he is on our sidelines while Gruden is up in the booth, unreal.

Gruden's strength (and weakness) truly indeed was he was all class (unlike Clayton).

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 05, 2009, 10:28:32 AM

Anyone recall AB's line after the Atlanta game last December?  

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 05, 2009, 10:29:16 AM

Gruden is just too classy to pin things on other people

Yeah, he's never done THAT before.

Yes we had a late season collapse but it's quite obvious who deserves the majority of the blame for that...

Coach Gruden, of course. Otherwise, why have a HC at all? The team could have simply operated with a OC and a DC and not even employed a person called "Head Coach".

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 05, 2009, 10:31:05 AM

Their feelings were hurt? � Sounds like a bunch of little girls on the defense. �No wonder they suck.

I'll put into into a context you can better relate to: you head into work today and before you clock in and put on your paper hat and start making the french fries, you find out your assistant manager for whom you've worked hard for so many years has quit. She's someone you've looked up to and respected for a long time, a real constant in your professional world. Just like that, no warning, she's gone. Now you're making fries and you're filled with doubt.

You lack confidence now, and worry that the fries are going to burn. What happens if two baskets of fries ding at the same time? How are you going to handle the pressure knowing that your assistant manager is abandoning you? You wait for your store manager to step in and talk to the crew and provide that steady leadership hand that you need to stay on the right track, but this is a guy who's barely said two words to you since you've worked there. You need to know that the captain of the ship still has things on course, but he's always been a guy who spent all his time working with the cashiers and the drive through and never spent any time with the kitchen or the fry guys.

Lunch rush is rapidly approaching, and now the store manager is slow to react and his detachment from the kitchen staff has lead to doubt among the crew. He didn't act decisively or firmly enough to salvage the lunch rush, and his detachment from you makes it seem like he's paying just lip service to your real doubts about your individual success and ability to perform your regular duties.

Before you know it, your fries are burning and it's too late to save them.

Interesting you know so much about being the fry cook.   ;)

I still don't see the problem here.  These are supposedly grown men.   I have been involved in many company restructurings.   They fire people I respect and love to work with all the time and replace them with horrible managers.   Yet, I still seem to be able to do my job.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 05, 2009, 10:32:18 AM

Gruden is just too classy to pin things on other people

Yeah, he's never done THAT before.

Yes we had a late season collapse but it's quite obvious who deserves the majority of the blame for that...

Coach Gruden, of course. Otherwise, why have a HC at all? The team could have simply operated with a OC and a DC and not even employed a person called "Head Coach".

Simply a cop out, it's clear to everyone where the blame should rest. You refuse to admit it because you've made up your mind that Gruden needed to go. Just like you made up your mind that Leftwich was the right guy for the job, that turned out well.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 05, 2009, 10:32:42 AM

Jon isn't here and those same players are still playing like pansies on the defensive side of the ball.

Blow up the defense in the off season, and start over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 05, 2009, 10:33:52 AM

Simply a cop out, it's clear to everyone where the blame should rest.

If "everyone" doesn't recognize that the HC blew it last season, then they have no clue about professional football.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 05, 2009, 10:34:38 AM

Interesting you know so much about being the fry cook.

Yep, I've owned two different restaurants.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 05, 2009, 10:35:07 AM

Jon isn't here and those same players are still playing like pansies on the defensive side of the ball.

BINGO!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 05, 2009, 10:35:36 AM

I recognize it, but that crutch is no longer there (blaming Jon) for those defensive players that failed to deliver down the stretch last year as their atrocious play has continued to this year.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 05, 2009, 10:38:09 AM

I recognize it, but that crutch is no longer there (blaming Jon) for those defensive players that failed to deliver down the stretch last year as their atrocious play has continued to this year.

Monte may have been the best coach this team has ever had, even if he had his detractors in the locker room.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 05, 2009, 10:39:39 AM

Monte may have been the best coach this team has ever had, even if he had his detractors in the locker room.

That is acknowledged as well, but that is no excuse for those defensive players to being playing like pansies.  It is one thing for them to be beat because they are lacking talent, but soft play is evident regardless of talent level.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 05, 2009, 10:41:03 AM

That is acknowledged as well, but that is no excuse for those defensive players to being playing like pansies.  It is one thing for them to be beat because they are lacking talent, but soft play is evident regardless of talent level.

Then their coach needs to fix it. Not sure if that can be accomplished.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why arent we more aggressive? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools