Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You Asked For It ... Be Careful What You Wish For « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#105 : October 06, 2009, 10:04:17 AM

The only thing I ask about the Oline is, how long does it normally take to change over the ZBS? Because you can't really practice it against your own defense during the week, is it normally learned in season 1 and gets progressively better? Or should they be performing as one unit by now?

I'm looking at them and asking if we are still doing the ZBS because the run game now looks like the old man blocking scheme.

I'm really shocked and appalled.  I was hoping that the other 4 were going to be strong enough to carry Mahan.  But seems like they are, save Penn, having their own issues.  I haven't rewatched the game yet.  Will scope it tonight to see what I see...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#106 : October 06, 2009, 10:29:30 AM

going back to the 05 season. I can't believe we couldn't beat the jets who signed Vinny T and against a 1 win niners team!

And remember, that one win niner's team beat us with their Punter at QB.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#107 : October 06, 2009, 10:12:18 PM

Check the schedules those years we went 11-5 or even 9-7, you'll probably find they were easier than the others where we went 4-12 and 5-11.

and so far this season we've played 1 team with a winning record yet are 0-4

Yeah because we aren't very good this year nor were we most of the years after the SuperBowl under Gruden, it was a smoke screen when we had a 11-5 or 9-7 season because when we got to the playoffs we got booted out quickly & showed our true colors.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#108 : October 06, 2009, 10:21:32 PM

Check the schedules those years we went 11-5 or even 9-7, you'll probably find they were easier than the others where we went 4-12 and 5-11.

and so far this season we've played 1 team with a winning record yet are 0-4

Yeah because we aren't very good this year nor were we most of the years after the SuperBowl under Gruden, it was a smoke screen when we had a 11-5 or 9-7 season because when we got to the playoffs we got booted out quickly & showed our true colors.
You do realize that Atlanta, NO and Carolina play the same teams right - this schedule crap is just that.  Still

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#109 : October 06, 2009, 10:59:25 PM

going back to the 05 season. I can't believe we couldn't beat the jets who signed Vinny T and against a 1 win niners team!

Yea a low payroll and limited talent will do that to you...  05 was probably one of Gruden's best coaching jobs.  He made 11 wins out of dog poo...

Anyway, I jsut can't believe we can't win a game this year.  Yeah the Cowboys and Giants are tough teams, but the Bills and Redskins.....COME ON.....

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You Asked For It ... Be Careful What You Wish For « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools