Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You Asked For It ... Be Careful What You Wish For « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

bucmoon

Second String
#15 : October 05, 2009, 12:19:57 PM

Â     At this pace he will not even live up to the 'Grudens Doghouse Stats' he has put up the last the 4 years ...Also not good to blame a Coach for your drops and inability to ever get open and shake a DB but the front office bought it paid and him a fat contract ..

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 05, 2009, 12:24:10 PM

The key is whether or not we see improvement as the season progresses.  We all knew the beginning of the year would likely be a problem.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 05, 2009, 12:25:02 PM

I am thrilled we fired Gruden, I STILL AM. I am not sure on how I feel about Raheem yet, but the Gruden firing was a good move.

Agree 100%

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 05, 2009, 12:31:18 PM

the Gruden firing was a good move.

As evidenced by....?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 05, 2009, 12:34:03 PM

The key is whether or not we see improvement as the season progresses.  We all knew the beginning of the year would likely be a problem.

It is how they finish which will be the turning point for the franchise.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 05, 2009, 12:49:07 PM

As evidenced by....?
As evidenced by Gruden having 5 years with his personnel GM and full assortment of draft picks and all he could manage was a 9-7 record.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#21 : October 05, 2009, 12:55:09 PM

I didn't have a strong opinion of replacing/keeping Gruden at the end of the season. 

What I do have a strong opinion about, is, taking weeks to let him go and then rushing to hire someone.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 05, 2009, 01:37:38 PM

I was strong in my belief that it was time for Gruden to go..... i still feel the same today. Was Rahiminik the right hire? Thats debatable but any sensible fan knew that there would be growing pains with a young coach and a roster so lacking in talent.

I stated at the time that it would take more than one season to fix what ails this team and i stand by that.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 05, 2009, 01:43:50 PM

I was strong in my belief that it was time for Gruden to go..... i still feel the same today. Was Rahiminik the right hire? Thats debatable but any sensible fan knew that there would be growing pains with a young coach and a roster so lacking in talent.

I stated at the time that it would take more than one season to fix what ails this team and i stand by that.
The problem is, we don't seem to be growing. Washington was a little progress but the performances that preceded were garbage in every sense of the word.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#24 : October 05, 2009, 01:49:07 PM

I agree with this. I really liked Gruden and didnt think most of the problems were his fault. I put the bad drafting on Bruce Allen and the guys evaluating talent. I think Gruden worked wonders with what he had on his team as far as talent goes.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 05, 2009, 01:50:26 PM

As evidenced by....?
As evidenced by Gruden having 5 years with his personnel GM and full assortment of draft picks and all he could manage was a 9-7 record.

Morris would piss himself at the chance for 9 wins.  And those 9 wins came with a weaker running game, worse TE play, and an older, slower defense.  QB and WR is about even, O-line is performing about as well as it did with Gruden. 

Face it, Morris isn't half the coach Gruden was.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#26 : October 05, 2009, 03:05:32 PM

I was strong in my belief that it was time for Gruden to go..... i still feel the same today. Was Rahiminik the right hire?

The only problem is, Raheem and Dominik were going to be the only hire. There were only two options this year for head coach and general manager: Jon Gruden and Bruce Allen, or Raheem Morris and Mark Dominik. The Glazers picked the latter. I certainly wish there could have been more options, but again, Gruden and Allen were fired only to promote Morris and Dominik.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 05, 2009, 03:12:58 PM

The key is whether or not we see improvement as the season progresses. We all knew the beginning of the year would likely be a problem.

Mindful of hearing a violin as Rome burned..

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 05, 2009, 03:13:52 PM

Rahiminik

LOL I like that

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 05, 2009, 03:26:42 PM

Rahiminik

LOL I like that

Thnx dude

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You Asked For It ... Be Careful What You Wish For « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools