Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You Asked For It ... Be Careful What You Wish For « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

DKWEST

Starter

#30 : October 05, 2009, 04:35:01 PM

Gruden brought in a lot of the young players that are now playing,..   He was just smart enough to keep a balance, and making sure the players were ready to play, in order to remain a competetive team. The new regime just seems clueless and are using the "Trial by Error" approach.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 05, 2009, 04:58:43 PM

How can none of you guys be excited about being a grown man team like the Giants one day!!!

Or the fact that this team's philosophy is to score touchdowns! I mean no other teams have such high goals! Clearly were working towards the right thing.

Michael Clayton has been signed for 5 more years, I mean come on! The guy is a stud! And I dare you to say anything bad about him..... I DARE you!

Or the fact that Raheem said he was going to go with one guy as his QB and stick with him the whole year because he has faith and than trades the only backup with ingame experince to encourage Leftwhich of that faith!

Or the common sense that the loss wasn't entirely Leftwhichs' fault and tell's the media he wont' be benched......

.............. Wait he was benched..... Leftwhich didn't get the whole year...... He's third string now? Well why did we sign the bum!!?? Isn't this one of the reasons we fired Gruden?

Anyway...... not about wanting Gruden back..... we all know how happy we are he is gone now so we can start scoring Touchdowns!!!!!!

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 05, 2009, 05:17:42 PM

When the decision was made to fire Gruden and go to a youth movement, I'd say 90% of the visitors to this board were ecstatic.

It wasn't 90%...I don't even think it was 50-50...but as always you had a vocal minority...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 05, 2009, 05:47:26 PM

The problem is, we don't seem to be growing. Washington was a little progress but the performances that preceded were garbage in every sense of the word.

Growth doesn't simply happen just because you've played a few games. It takes a little time, we're 4 games in.

#34 : October 05, 2009, 06:22:22 PM

Raheem dares anyone to rag on Clayton, yet he had ANOTHER drop yesterday that hit him in the hands.  For that, I say, "Rah, I'm raggin' bro so deal with it".

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 05, 2009, 06:35:36 PM

Growth doesn't simply happen just because you've played a few games. It takes a little time, we're 4 games in.

Yes but we don't know what future growth is. We've played 4 games, have a solid set of trends. We're at one of those quarters of the season Grdeun would look at and evaluate people.

At this point, there's not much good to say about this team and there are really very few signs of progress to be seen to say what we have seen is aberrant.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 05, 2009, 06:39:26 PM

With Gruden we might be 1-3, at best

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 05, 2009, 06:40:25 PM

agreed!

-------------------------------------------------------

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 05, 2009, 07:02:12 PM

agreed!

lol

riiight.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 05, 2009, 07:03:41 PM

With Gruden, the Bucs would be 4-0 right now.   3-1 at worst if there were some bad calls by the refs.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 05, 2009, 07:05:19 PM

With Gruden, the Bucs would be 4-0 right now. 3-1 at worst if there were some bad calls by the refs.

lol... you're right. It's not like we went 0-4 to end the season.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 05, 2009, 07:06:51 PM

The lines of this discussion have blurred beyond reason for me. And at the end of the day all I have to fall back on is my love for the TEAM.  Not the owners, not the coaches, not the players.  But the collective, which when working properly, has taken us to the pinnacle of sports.  

There are indeed those who got what they asked for however,there are those who didn't bargain for what they got...like the coach or not.  

It's hard fella's, I die a little death with every loss.  I've been through it before, but somehow this feels different.  I guess it's because we endured until we got good and now we're so bad all of a sudden again. For me, more than anything, that hurts a lot...that's where my anger is.  But you can't wallow and dwell in it.  I refuse to moan about the senseless crazy talk Fire the DC, Fire the OC, fire the coach!  Bench this player, play that player.  

I really don't have an answer, hell I'm coping myself...looking for a 12 step plan to get outta the doldrums.  But we all know nothing but a win, will help that...  

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 05, 2009, 07:07:52 PM

Going 0-4 after the defensive coordinator of the last 10 years announces his resignation during the season isn't surprising.   They started out 3-1 last year (in case you forgot).   This team should not still be in shambles, they had all off season to get it together.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 05, 2009, 07:23:38 PM

Going 0-4 after the defensive coordinator of the last 10 years announces his resignation during the season isn't surprising.   They started out 3-1 last year (in case you forgot).   

"Its not where you line up, its where u wind up." I believe the object of your affection once said that.

No one(except maybe you) is happy about the 0-4 start... but i'm of the belief the we wouldn't be much better with Chucky at the helm.

watson

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 05, 2009, 08:04:16 PM

The lines of this discussion have blurred beyond reason for me. And at the end of the day all I have to fall back on is my love for the TEAM.  Not the owners, not the coaches, not the players.  But the collective, which when working properly, has taken us to the pinnacle of sports. 

There are indeed those who got what they asked for however,there are those who didn't bargain for what they got...like the coach or not. 

It's hard fella's, I die a little death with every loss.  I've been through it before, but somehow this feels different.  I guess it's because we endured until we got good and now we're so bad all of a sudden again. For me, more than anything, that hurts a lot...that's where my anger is.  But you can't wallow and dwell in it.  I refuse to moan about the senseless crazy talk Fire the DC, Fire the OC, fire the coach!  Bench this player, play that player. 

I really don't have an answer, hell I'm coping myself...looking for a 12 step plan to get outta the doldrums.  But we all know nothing but a win, will help that... 
Chev,
I didn't ask for the change so it irks me to see those that did now get all upset about what is happening.  I was always taught if you ask for something and you get it you better be prepared for what it is you are getting. 

I thought...during the off-season.....that they might win 2 games this year, but now after having seen the way they are playing, it takes me back to those early to mid 80....Leeman Bennett teams and I don't see them winning a single game.  I now go into each game expecting the loss so it is easier to sit there and watch the team that was competitive last year look like something from Ringling Brothers Circus.  It doesn't necessarily make the loss any easier to take, but at least I'm not POed for the rest of the day.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You Asked For It ... Be Careful What You Wish For « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools