Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: They don't make em like they used too. « previous next »
Page: 1

stufftherun55

Starter

: October 05, 2009, 07:16:04 PM

I read something recently about a high school QB from Illinois. This is from back in the 60's. His name was Brian Herlihy and he led his team to a state championship. His dad was pushing for him to go to Notre Dame and play QB but the scouts were there to see his teamate. He ended up going to Vietnam and then Woodstock. That guy was a great leader.

"We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money"- Patrick Ewing (The best ever)

Inittowinit

Rookie

#1 : October 05, 2009, 07:36:46 PM

I think I remember hearing about this guy.  Was he a Marine?  Didn't one of his receivers end up going to Notre Dame though.  I'm sure a guy like JJ Dyn-o-mite would never give up a life of glory to serve his country.  He doesn't have the stones. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: They don't make em like they used too. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools