Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow...Just WOW! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DKWEST

Starter

: October 06, 2009, 08:37:09 AM

Oh how far we've fallen.

Mediocrity never looked so good!!!!!

#1 : October 06, 2009, 08:33:05 AM

14 point dogs vs. Philly.

You gotta go back, waaaaaaaaay back to find the Bucs that big of a 'dog.

Oh how far we've fallen.

micronole

Starter
#2 : October 06, 2009, 08:34:52 AM

I'll lay the points.

watson

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 06, 2009, 08:35:52 AM

14 point dogs vs. Philly.

You gotta go back, waaaaaaaaay back to find the Bucs that big of a 'dog.

Oh how far we've fallen.
Can't remember the last time the Bucs were that much of an underdog.  

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 06, 2009, 08:38:27 AM

Honestly you just don't see that kind of spread in the NFL very often. That is a Lions 2008 type spread which doesn't say much for us.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

watson

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 06, 2009, 08:47:41 AM

Honestly you just don't see that kind of spread in the NFL very often. That is a Lions 2008 type spread which doesn't say much for us.
Dal,
I can't even remember the Lions having that kind of spread last year......ouch!!!

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 06, 2009, 08:48:17 AM

Dal,
I can't even remember the Lions having that kind of spread last year......ouch!!!

They did, they had a 16 point spread at one point which is the biggest I've ever seen in an NFL game.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 06, 2009, 08:51:23 AM

In 2007 the Eagles were 23.5 point underdogs to the Patriots. That was the largest point spread in NFL history not involving an expansion team. The largest point spread ever was in 1976 when the Bucs were 24 point underdogs to the world champion Steelers (they covered, winning 42-0 over the Bucs).

#8 : October 06, 2009, 08:54:56 AM

So I was correct....you did have to go waaaaaaaaaaaay back....LOL.

watson

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 06, 2009, 08:55:36 AM

Dal,

They did, they had a 16 point spread at one point which is the biggest I've ever seen in an NFL game.
Thanks....couldn't remember.  

Truths:

watson

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 06, 2009, 08:57:25 AM

I guess the bigger question is.....based on what you have seen of the Bucs, does anyone see them covering this spread?

I can't see it.....especially with the Eagles having a bye last week.

Truths:

#11 : October 06, 2009, 09:00:54 AM

it would be another 3-4 points higher if Phily had more certainty at QB.   I think McNab is coming back for the Bucs game, and he's a bit rusty.    I can't wait to see Raheem do the "jump and bump" and celebrate with players as they do what they are being paid to do

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 06, 2009, 09:04:09 AM

So I was correct....you did have to go waaaaaaaaaaaay back....LOL.

I didn't look to see when the last time the Bucs were 14+ underdogs, so it could be much more recent (in fact, I'm relatively certain it is).

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 06, 2009, 09:28:49 AM

I guess the bigger question is.....based on what you have seen of the Bucs, does anyone see them covering this spread?

I can't see it.....especially with the Eagles having a bye last week.

Bye week, at home, McNabb back, Westbrook back.....there's nothing about this that sounds good for us.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 06, 2009, 09:32:19 AM

If I bet on sports, I'd take the Eagles and lay the points.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow...Just WOW! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools