Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Masoli out for year? « previous next »
Page: 1

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: October 06, 2009, 08:52:29 PM

Its picking up "legs" around here. Chip kelly response on injuries is always "day to day" (TJ Ward has been out since BSU game and hes been "day to day"). Nate Costa is starting at fUCLA. Hope its not true but last time I heard "sprained knee" was Dennis Dixon and Costa.

Thankfully Costa isnt Brady Leaf.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 07, 2009, 01:26:34 AM

Now Oregon has yet another monkey on their back now that Thurmond's replacement is also gone for the year.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 07, 2009, 03:20:02 PM

Quarterback Jeremiah Masoli returns to practice in limited role

Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli was in uniform and participated sparingly in this morning’s practice at Autzen Stadium.

But after sitting out the previous two days with a right knee injury, Masoli was encouraged to at least make it back on the field. He threw to wide receivers for the first time this week, but was mostly an observer.

“It feels all right, just a little stiff right now,” Masoli said. “I was throwing a little bit, but they told me to take it light. … I’ve been running and stuff, light cuts. Besides that, I’m just trying to rest it right now. I’ve been rehabbing it in the treatment center.”

Masoli was in shells for the workout and had a bandage over his injured knee. He remains optimistic that he could play, if needed, against UCLA but said he’ll wait for further diagnosis from doctors.

“Just bruised it, on the inside, little sprain,” Masoli said. “It’s just something I’ve got to heal.”

Oregon coach Chip Kelly didn’t have much to offer about Masoli.

“He looked good,” Kelly said. “He’s just moving around. He’ll be OK.”

Masoli said he’s taken “big steps” since the week began and said he’s felt better each day. But he’s accepting the strong possibility that back-up Nate Costa will start Saturday and plans on providing Costa with the same support Costa showed him last season.

“There’s no worry about the quarterback position at all,” Masoli said. “I always encourage Nate and we’re always there for each other. You can’t really say (enough) about what he’s been through. Three knee surgeries. You can’t really think about and actually comprehend what he’s been through.

“Real inspirational for a lot of people if you really know the true story.”

As for the “true story” on Masoli, it’s a day-to-day mystery.

"You always plan on playing, but we’ll see," Masoli said. "I don’t know. We’ll see how I feel tomorrow." 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope he comes back just to keep the PACX interesting.

This losing your star player is starting to become an annual tradition at Oregon.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 07, 2009, 05:00:16 PM

Now Oregon has yet another monkey on their back now that Thurmond's replacement is also gone for the year.

yep Willie Glasper.

Now its Anthony Gildon, Chad Peppars or true Frosh Cliff Harris (although I believe he was the #1CB in HS in the country)

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 07, 2009, 05:02:34 PM

Quarterback Jeremiah Masoli returns to practice in limited role

Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli was in uniform and participated sparingly in this morning�s practice at Autzen Stadium.

But after sitting out the previous two days with a right knee injury, Masoli was encouraged to at least make it back on the field. He threw to wide receivers for the first time this week, but was mostly an observer.

�It feels all right, just a little stiff right now,� Masoli said. �I was throwing a little bit, but they told me to take it light. � I�ve been running and stuff, light cuts. Besides that, I�m just trying to rest it right now. I�ve been rehabbing it in the treatment center.�

Masoli was in shells for the workout and had a bandage over his injured knee. He remains optimistic that he could play, if needed, against UCLA but said he�ll wait for further diagnosis from doctors.

�Just bruised it, on the inside, little sprain,� Masoli said. �It�s just something I�ve got to heal.�

Oregon coach Chip Kelly didn�t have much to offer about Masoli.

�He looked good,� Kelly said. �He�s just moving around. He�ll be OK.�

Masoli said he�s taken �big steps� since the week began and said he�s felt better each day. But he�s accepting the strong possibility that back-up Nate Costa will start Saturday and plans on providing Costa with the same support Costa showed him last season.

�There�s no worry about the quarterback position at all,� Masoli said. �I always encourage Nate and we�re always there for each other. You can�t really say (enough) about what he�s been through. Three knee surgeries. You can�t really think about and actually comprehend what he�s been through.

�Real inspirational for a lot of people if you really know the true story.�

As for the �true story� on Masoli, it�s a day-to-day mystery.

"You always plan on playing, but we�ll see," Masoli said. "I don�t know. We�ll see how I feel tomorrow." 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope he comes back just to keep the PACX interesting.

This losing your star player is starting to become an annual tradition at Oregon.

Yep, just heard an update they said he will be the backup vs UCLA but dont want to have to use them since they have a bye after this week. Alot of Oregon fans are pumped they get to see Costa... hes probably the most popular duck for some reason just because what he went through. I personally just hope we can get out of UCLA with a win.

Also after practice the team was all wearing mask, because the team is getting hit hard with the flu. When it rains it pours. And starting tackle CE Keiser probably isnt playing this week.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Masoli out for year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools