Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade Review « previous next »
Page: 1

Badabing

Hall of Famer

: October 06, 2009, 10:02:25 PM

I'm currently 2-2.  The guy I made the trade with is 4-0.

I traded Steve Smith, Carolina, for Ladanian Tomlinson.  Both guys are underacheiving.  What do you think?

My team: Delhomme PickSixers

QB Peyton Manning
RB Steven Jackson
RB Knowshon Moreno
WR Hines Ward
WR Benard Berrian
Flex Larry Johnson
TE Kellen Winslow
K Lawrence Tynes
D Chicago

Bench
QB Delhomme(just b/c the team name, plus he plays the Bucs during Mannings bye)
RB Reggie Bush
RB Jon Stewart
WR Torry Holt
TE Vernon Davis
D Dallas

I'm hoping Ward and Beriran can shoulder the load at WR, and believe that L.T. will turn it around.  I'm just sick of starting L.J. every week.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 06, 2009, 10:08:29 PM

Bad trade. Smith has a much better chance to turn it around where as LT is just flat out done

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 06, 2009, 10:14:50 PM

agree with Booker

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 07, 2009, 12:49:49 AM

I third that, LT is an RB that like Shaun Alexander or Larry Johnson before him has just plain flat out fallen off the map. Smith is still going to grab a few 100 yard games but I see none of those in LT's future.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 07, 2009, 01:33:49 AM

Yeah. LT is over the hill. I skipped over him in my fantasy drafts.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 08, 2009, 07:56:07 AM

Yeah, I was just trying to take a risk.  I do believe Smith will rebound, as I dont think the Panthers will be that atrocious after the bye.  However, I also felt that .L.T will rebound and is on a better team.  He didn't play the past 2 weeks prior to Sunday and Sunday the team was down 28-0, so I could see why he only got 7 carries.  I think he'll be fine.

We'll see.  Definitely a risk, but I think if L.T. can stay on the field, I defintely made a good trade.  If he doesn't however, then yes, I just traded away a good WR.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 08, 2009, 05:16:20 PM

I think you should have asked for another player in that trade.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#7 : October 08, 2009, 05:46:27 PM

I don't mind it so much... Panthers are really struggling to do anything in the passing game and I'm sure that is not Smith's fault.... I don't think LT is completely done, however I do think he is done as a feature 1600 15 TD back, but I still think he will get a decent amount of goaline carries and should still recover for a decent season...

I don't see the panthers passing game picking up a lot. I like LT a lot more than LJ for you, and Berrian will probably get better as the season rolls.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade Review « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools