Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Gaines Adams Become A Good NFL Player? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 24, 2007, 02:43:56 PM

I'm sure everyone here in their first few months on a job were stellar performers right? There isn't a person here who needed a little time to get up to speed to what's happening, you guys are all all-stars.

T

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 24, 2007, 01:20:39 PM

Will we will see everyone thought Clayton was gonna be an All-Pro after his rookie season, so I am holding out hope for Gaines.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 24, 2007, 01:51:00 PM

The guy stinks. Cut him.

WOW....Java is on the money for once.  ;D

There's a first for everything.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 24, 2007, 07:53:29 AM

Gaines needs the following IMHO:
-Experience, which he is getting
-Bulk, hit the weight room and the buffet line all off season. gain 20/30 lbs of muscle
-UT help, Rice had Sapp, gaines needs an inside rush so he can close the pocket from the edge and load up on the sacks
-Meaness, get a little less tentative, which I think will come with the preceeding three points

I agree totally.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 24, 2007, 07:25:34 AM

The guy stinks. Cut him.

WOW....Java is on the money for once.   ;D

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 24, 2007, 04:35:02 AM

The guy stinks.  Cut him.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 23, 2007, 08:22:11 PM

We need more talent around him so he can do better IMO. Granted Freeney and Rice didn't have the good talent around them and they dominated you still. Will Smith had like 7.5 sacks his rookie year hopefully Gaines can get around there.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

magicbuc

Second String
#22 : October 23, 2007, 08:16:39 PM

We do need a stud DT that can command some attention, similar to what Detroit and Jacksonville has.  Right now, our DT's do not strike fear in anyone, and are not demanding any attention, which allows offenses to concentrate on our DE pass rush.  I have seen Gaines getting double teammed in various games.  Way too early to call him a bust.  Year 3 and a good DT then we can talk about that.

#23 : October 23, 2007, 05:58:43 PM

Void Think......

UnderwearGnome

Second String

#24 : October 23, 2007, 12:10:27 PM

Will Gaines Adams Become a Good NFL Player?

No

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 23, 2007, 05:46:47 PM

THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A PASS RUSHER EVER THAT HASN'T DOMINATED HIS FIRST YEAR AND SUCEEDED LATER!!!!!!!!!!

no, mario williams and micheal strahan are not pass rushers, they are run stopping bull rush LE's. and BTW mario williams only has had one good game this year, so the argument that you have to wait a year because he did is invalid.
The qualification is that small school guys like Osi Umenyiora and Robert Mathis and late round picks with little early playing time like Bobby McCray took longer, but Adams doesn't fit those cases.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#26 : October 23, 2007, 05:50:26 PM

THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A PASS RUSHER EVER THAT HASN'T DOMINATED HIS FIRST YEAR AND SUCEEDED LATER!!!!!!!!!!

no, mario williams and micheal strahan are not pass rushers, they are run stopping bull rush LE's. and BTW mario williams only has had one good game this year, so the argument that you have to wait a year because he did is invalid.
The qualification is that small school guys like Osi Umenyiora and Robert Mathis and late round picks with little early playing time like Bobby McCray took longer, but Adams doesn't fit those cases.

yeah your right smalls school guys are the exception

gaines adams is a top 5 pick and is a speed rusher. the position is not like a linebacker or safety, or on offense a qb or a lineman. his job is to run up the field around the tackle. all he has to know is his gap. he hasn't shown any physical ability or desire for the game.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#27 : October 23, 2007, 05:44:07 PM

I love how the thread started stated that no rookie ends have ever put up numbers

That is laughable!!!

The easiest position to come in and do good on is defensive end..out of any position on the whole team!

Mark anderson, julius peppers, dwight freeney, terrel suggs, simeon rice, elvis dumerville, jevon kearse, jared allen, tamba hali...im sure im forgetting more, but these are all the top notch speed rushers coming out of college that got double digit sacks and dominated as rookies.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 23, 2007, 04:34:12 PM

Gaines needs the following IMHO:
-Experience, which he is getting
-Bulk, hit the weight room and the buffet line all off season. gain 20/30 lbs of muscle
-UT help, Rice had Sapp, gaines needs an inside rush so he can close the pocket from the edge and load up on the sacks
-Meaness, get a little less tentative, which I think will come with the preceeding three points

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

thanson

Starter

#29 : October 23, 2007, 03:38:17 PM

Yes..next question

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Gaines Adams Become A Good NFL Player? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools