Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Gaines Adams Become A Good NFL Player? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 23, 2007, 03:07:23 PM

He shows a knack for being in the right place at the right time (example - his first sack)...very important in this game.

What a pass rushing DE gets credit for finding himself in the general vicinity of the QB ???

Relax everyone Gaines is going to be a world beater. 8)

mjs,

That was tongue in cheek. I was hoping it was obvious...

I like this thread though. I think the original poster had a good idea. If anything, those that are wanting to write Gaines off quickly should read what the Clemson posters say. Some -- though they think he will end up worthy of a top-5 pick -- aren't that surprised by his slow start.

LtFox

Starter

#31 : October 23, 2007, 04:25:47 PM

Will Gaines Adams Become a Good NFL Player?

No

Thanks for the thoughtful conversation Wedgy Gnome. If anyone else has a response that isn't a full sentence, please take it somehwere else.

What a tool. The guy gives you an answer and because it isn't a FULL sentence you get pissed. You, my friend, are an idiot.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#32 : October 23, 2007, 02:52:35 PM

How hurt was Gaines last game.  I thought he definatly took a step backwards.  I have yet to see him try any new moves. Spin swim anything. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 23, 2007, 02:44:59 PM

A player of Adams' supposed pedigree shouldn't need another player to make him look good.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#34 : October 23, 2007, 02:41:54 PM

I like Gaines and will be patient, unlike 99% of you people on here. THe kid needs to get acclimated, it's 7 freak'n games of his pro career and you fools have already pasted him, it's disgusting to be honest.

Those that think Gaines will be good are "fans", but those that think he will be a bust are "fools". Why is that?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 23, 2007, 02:19:36 PM

Gaines Adams is a draft bust, and so is Barrett Ruud (pre-2007 season version, of course).

Not really a good comparison.  For starters we never really got to see Ruud play, and he doesn't have a $46 million contract either.

Instead of making meaningless comparisons or rehashing the old cliché "he is only a rookie", maybe one or two people can step forward and tell us what they have seen thus far to suggest he might be a Pro-Bowler next year.

Give us hope.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 23, 2007, 02:31:43 PM

If the trend in injuries across the league continues, he could make the Probowl next year by default.

IF he stays injury free.   ;)

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#37 : October 23, 2007, 02:30:47 PM

I think it is still early. Give the guy another year before we write him off.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 23, 2007, 02:30:53 PM

Gaines Adams is a draft bust, and so is Barrett Ruud (pre-2007 season version, of course).

Not really a good comparison.  For starters we never really got to see Ruud play, and he doesn't have a $46 million contract either.

Instead of making meaningless comparisons or rehashing the old cliché "he is only a rookie", maybe one or two people can step forward and tell us what they have seen thus far to suggest he might be a Pro-Bowler next year.

Give us hope.

If the trend in injuries across the league continues, he could make the Probowl next year by default.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 23, 2007, 02:30:36 PM

He shows a knack for being in the right place at the right time (example - his first sack)...very important in this game.

What a pass rushing DE gets credit for finding himself in the general vicinity of the QB  ???   

Relax everyone Gaines is going to be a world beater.   8)

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 23, 2007, 02:27:32 PM

Not really a good comparison.  For starters we never really got to see Ruud play, and he doesn't have a $46 million contract either.

Give us hope.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#41 : October 23, 2007, 02:17:00 PM

UnderwearGnome

Second String

#42 : October 23, 2007, 04:45:48 PM

Will Gaines Adams Become a Good NFL Player?

No

Thanks for the thoughtful conversation Wedgy Gnome. If anyone else has a response that isn't a full sentence, please take it somehwere else.
OK

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#43 : October 23, 2007, 12:06:45 PM

I posed this question to on the Clemson football message board. If you want to see some of their reponses follow this link.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=46#s=46&f=3167&t=1274582

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 23, 2007, 01:44:58 PM

Who is mentoring Gaines again? Oh yeah, slow, power rush guys. Uhhh...

I would hope a guy sitting on a $46 million contract can motivate himself and learn off the coaches.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Gaines Adams Become A Good NFL Player? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools