Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No Fun League goes too far « previous next »
Page: 1

conrad77

Pro Bowler

: October 06, 2009, 04:53:37 PM

Anyone see this article about getting fined for thanking God.  I'm not sure if that is really what he was doing or an excuse but either way, I miss the celebrations and no player should be flagged for simply dropping to his knees.  Personally I even miss the choreographed team celebrations so maybe I'm biased but this just seems ridiculous.  I understand the rule, but really?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Raiders-cornerback-thinks-he-was-flagged-because?urn=nfl,194364

[Add witty one liner here]

DailyRich68

Starter
#1 : October 06, 2009, 04:59:39 PM

I think as long as an opposing player isn't the target of the celebration and the celebration doesn't delay the game, these guys should be allowed to get excited about playing a game.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 06, 2009, 05:21:09 PM

I think as long as an opposing player isn't the target of the celebration and the celebration doesn't delay the game, these guys should be allowed to get excited about playing a game.

+1

escobar

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 06, 2009, 05:39:19 PM

Wrong site for this, most people here believe Christians push their "agenda" off on everyone else at all times. I'm sure they will use this as an example.

blackthoughtz

Starter

#4 : October 06, 2009, 06:16:35 PM

Yea i don't understand the part of not letting ppl celebrate touchdowns. Ocho and T.O. made their mark on TD celebrations it was entertaining on a different level

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 06, 2009, 06:21:03 PM

By the rules you can't go to your knees. He dropped to his knees, he got flagged.

The NFL ain't got nothin' on what happened at the end of the UGa and LSU game which was just plain 100% silly.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GoBucs40Bulls8

Starter

#6 : October 06, 2009, 06:37:23 PM

I miss when Ochocinco and TO celebrated. I mean it's an emotional game right? Let them be emotional! Celebrate!

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 06, 2009, 11:24:18 PM

I too believe they should be allowed to celebrate. I can understand a fine if they go too far with it, like pretending to moon the fans or props being used.

Celebrating against the other team seems fine to me this "taunting" bull crap is lame. Instead of throwing a penalty let the player get pissed and come back and smack em in the mouth and than let's see if he continues to taunt.

The involvement of the refs is getting out of hand. I know the refs name just as well as some players.......... They need to keep it simple, let the players play, let emotions run high and the fun and the passion will increase.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 06, 2009, 11:30:29 PM

As long as players aren't taunting, it shouldn't matter imo.

Heck, even taunting should be allowed to some extent, if you're REALLY bad. Give players a reason to play, other than money....

HughC

Pro Bowler

#9 : October 06, 2009, 11:47:31 PM

Perhaps I'm oversimplifying, but just start the play clock as soon as the touchdown is scored.  If the offense can't get the extra point off in time it's a delay of game.  Handle the other stuff (i.e. taunting) the same way you would handle it on any other play.

And if the NFL still really truly doesn't like those celebrations just instruct the networks - their business partners - to not show those celebrations.  Tell them to treat it the same way they treat a fan running on the field.  If the celebrations don't get televised they'll go away very quickly. 

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 06, 2009, 11:58:24 PM

Perhaps I'm oversimplifying, but just start the play clock as soon as the touchdown is scored. If the offense can't get the extra point off in time it's a delay of game. Handle the other stuff (i.e. taunting) the same way you would handle it on any other play.

And if the NFL still really truly doesn't like those celebrations just instruct the networks - their business partners - to not show those celebrations. Tell them to treat it the same way they treat a fan running on the field. If the celebrations don't get televised they'll go away very quickly.

Thing is, most of us don't mind it. It became a part of the game itself.

They need to get off their high horse and figure out that they're killing off their own game.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 07, 2009, 08:26:17 AM

Perhaps I'm oversimplifying, but just start the play clock as soon as the touchdown is scored. If the offense can't get the extra point off in time it's a delay of game. Handle the other stuff (i.e. taunting) the same way you would handle it on any other play.

And if the NFL still really truly doesn't like those celebrations just instruct the networks - their business partners - to not show those celebrations. Tell them to treat it the same way they treat a fan running on the field. If the celebrations don't get televised they'll go away very quickly.

Thing is, most of us don't mind it. It became a part of the game itself.

They need to get off their high horse and figure out that they're killing off their own game.

+1

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No Fun League goes too far « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools