Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2009-2010 NBA Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 67

: February 16, 2010, 11:04:02 AM

But Portland need a big man bad.

Agreed.

I've haven't called Oden a bust in the past, but it's time to start after three seasons of almost nothing.
He wasn't gonna be anything more than a defensive big man anyways. So I'm sure he would have been a bust either way to most people. Considering they could have Durant right now.

I wanna see the Thunder with a legit bigman, I think that team could really take off and be up there with some of the best in the West.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 16, 2010, 10:03:10 AM

But Portland need a big man bad.

Agreed.

I've haven't called Oden a bust in the past, but it's time to start after three seasons of almost nothing.

#2 : February 16, 2010, 03:22:52 AM

Heard you were a part of a deal for Tyrus Thomas as well. Unlikely it goes down now that you got Camby.

BTW, I hear Camby is NOT happy about being dealt and wanted to say in LA.

Yeah they said there was an offer like Sasha Vulijec and Thomas in a 3 way but it isnt happening. Portland fans hate Sasha if he came, they would burn the rose garden.

And Tyrus Thomas I wouldnt trade for Dante Cunningham mins.

Who cares if Camby isnt happy. Hes here for 27 games. He will be on a playoff team and get large mins and help him land another contract. Funny thing is the clipps are in town now.
Yeah it didn't make sense at all for you guys to help out the Lakers in getting Hinrich.

#3 : May 06, 2010, 11:40:19 AM

JJ has struggled in the playoffs. Must like last year he has proved he can't step up and be the leader of that team.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 06, 2010, 11:39:07 AM

Give it a rest, guys.

Tonight's game will be interesting, no idea how much the Hawks are gnna lose by.

I want to say it will be competitive but six victories of 17 points or more the past two years tell me otherwise. I don't get it either, I realize Dwight gives the Hawks fits but he does that to a lot of teams. The Hawks are a very athletic team, have an elite scorer in JJ, and an all around great player in Smith..not to mention the sixth man of the year Crawford. It must be all mental because Atlanta has the players to compete with Orlando, or at least keep it respectable but they rarely do.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 06, 2010, 10:58:33 AM

Give it a rest, guys.

Tonight's game will be interesting, no idea how much the Hawks are gnna lose by.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 06, 2010, 12:01:41 PM

To be fair, last year he was carrying an injury against Cleveland (not that it made a difference to the series). He played well against Miami, but yeah he hasn't been lighting it up this year. The only positive is that he can't get any worse, so maybe we'll see a turnaround soon.

Give it a rest, guys.

I want to say it will be competitive but six victories of 17 points or more the past two years tell me otherwise. I don't get it either, I realize Dwight gives the Hawks fits but he does that to a lot of teams. The Hawks are a very athletic team, have an elite scorer in JJ, and an all around great player in Smith..not to mention the sixth man of the year Crawford. It must be all mental because Atlanta has the players to compete with Orlando, or at least keep it respectable but they rarely do.
This team just seems to give up when they go down or face some adversity. IMO, this team will continue to struggle until they get a new coach (a big 7 foot defensive stopper at the 5 would be nice too). I hope I'm wrong but I can't see the team showing enough to give Woodson another contract.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 06, 2010, 01:07:46 PM

Yeah that was the other option I had in mind. I said Gortat because he's a young promising player with a long career ahead of him who provides them with their biggest need, defense. I do think one of them will be gone next year, just not sure which one..I just know we'll be getting a good player in return regardless of who it is.

#8 : May 06, 2010, 01:05:22 PM

Call me crazy, but I think I'd rather have Gortat in Orlando.  Nothing against JJ, he's a great player.  But I like the team dynamic they have now and I'm not sure how JJ would figure in - unless Carter is involved in the deal somehow.
VC will probably be dealt sometime I assume. He has a team option following next year on his contract and no way would a team pick that up.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 06, 2010, 01:01:32 PM

Call me crazy, but I think I'd rather have Gortat in Orlando.  Nothing against JJ, he's a great player.  But I like the team dynamic they have now and I'm not sure how JJ would figure in - unless Carter is involved in the deal somehow.

#10 : May 06, 2010, 12:47:53 PM

I would do Gortat for JJ if I was Otis. Your getting a good player for sure, you have no clue what your getting in Gortat as a starter.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 06, 2010, 12:43:02 PM

Yeah that's the only issue, if both teams would be willing to improve the other roster. I don't think Otis would do it, but who knows.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 06, 2010, 12:41:25 PM

As tough as it would be to see our best player go to a division rival, I wouldn't say no to that deal.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 06, 2010, 12:33:39 PM

JJ for Gortat and fillers would make sense for both teams IF Orlando could find a decent back up center in FA or the draft. If Smith could consistently play the three you could slide Horford over to his more natural four and start Gortat at center. He'd immediately improve your interior D and IMO is a lock for 15/10 per night with 2-3 blocks thrown in as well if he got starter minutes. Sign a few mid level guys and fight for Melo in 2011, you guys would be contenders for years.

#14 : May 06, 2010, 12:21:48 PM

Depends on how much he wants to win. I could see him going to Chicago, but not NY...no team under Mike D has done well in the playoffs. I'm probably just dreaming anyway, for us to get one of the top players in FA this year it's going to take some slick maneuvering from Otis because of our cap restraints. Then again a story came out recently that the Magic want to win a title for the owner because of his failing health and because of how good he's been to the organization and the community. The new arena is supposed to bring in an additional 20 million per year and they said they don't mind paying big bucks for the next several years. If anyone can pull off acquiring a max player with no cap space it would be Otis.
Sounds a lot like the Cavs owner. He is probably the best owner any Cleveland sports team has seen. He would be willing to pay the luxury tax to bring another big name here.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 67
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2009-2010 NBA Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools