Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2009-2010 NBA Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 67

escobar

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 06, 2010, 12:12:52 PM

Depends on how much he wants to win. I could see him going to Chicago, but not NY...no team under Mike D has done well in the playoffs. I'm probably just dreaming anyway, for us to get one of the top players in FA this year it's going to take some slick maneuvering from Otis because of our cap restraints. Then again a story came out recently that the Magic want to win a title for the owner because of his failing health and because of how good he's been to the organization and the community. The new arena is supposed to bring in an additional 20 million per year and they said they don't mind paying big bucks for the next several years. If anyone can pull off acquiring a max player with no cap space it would be Otis.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 06, 2010, 12:18:59 PM

I'm hoping for a sign and trade with JJ but I'm not holding my breath.

All I know is there's no way he'll be a Hawk next season. Great player but at the end of the day he's a mercenary, he came here from Phoenix for the money and he'll be looking for another payday.

#17 : May 06, 2010, 12:05:21 PM

He did look pretty poor the other night, then again so did the rest of the team. I'm going to be paying close attention to him tonight and the remainder of the series, I've read rumors the Magic are going to go after him hard this offseason. Who knows though, with Otis you never know what's true or pure nonsense. I believe JJ would fit in perfectly here, he'd be just like Carter....it would be the best team he's ever been on and he wouldn't have to worry about carrying it. I think he'd have some career years here for no other reason than the slew of open looks he'd have that he doesn't have in Atlanta.
I see him going the Knicks or Bulls (if Wade doesn't go there). Just makes sense for him to go for the big payday. Knicks will be courting a lot of people. But if they don't get any Melo next year will be there.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 06, 2010, 12:02:29 PM

He did look pretty poor the other night, then again so did the rest of the team. I'm going to be paying close attention to him tonight and the remainder of the series, I've read rumors the Magic are going to go after him hard this offseason. Who knows though, with Otis you never know what's true or pure nonsense. I believe JJ would fit in perfectly here, he'd be just like Carter....it would be the best team he's ever been on and he wouldn't have to worry about carrying it. I think he'd have some career years here for no other reason than the slew of open looks he'd have that he doesn't have in Atlanta.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 07, 2009, 09:22:06 PM

I liek how you ranked the east, I can agree with that. As long as you dont have the Cavs over the Magic. I have respect for Boston IF they can stay helathy, which is a huge question mark. Probably moreso than any team in the NBA.

I woudl definitely have the Laker #1, the Spurs #2, and after that Im not sure but those would be my top 2

A lot of people think the Spurs are done, but I really dont understand that line of thinking. They probably have to worry about injuries about as much as the Celtics, but if they are healthy in April and May they will be as strong as ever IMO

I also based mine off Portlands schedule. they have a very favorable schedule compared to SAS and LAL. I mean all these predictions are based off a team staying healthy. For all we know Roy, Howard, Kobe, could go down.

Oh you are 100% right, I am just pointing out that of all the teams in the NBA that have a chance at being competitive, the Spurs and Boston are most likely to get injured. They are old teams, with injury prone stars.

But like you said any team could get unlucky

Escobar, I dont knwo how you leave the Raptors out of the playoffs

Easy, I don't think they will be very good. I think Hedo is going to be a bust for them. They lost Parker to the Cavs and IMO he was one of their better players. They are starting a rookie alongside Hedo and the rest of their team from last year, which wasn't very good. I just think every team I listed ahead of them has a better lineup.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 07, 2009, 05:25:26 PM

Should be a great year, Preseason is underway.

My top 3 in each conference
West
1) lakers
2) Portland
3) SAS

East
1) Celtics
2) Magic
3) Cavs

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 07, 2009, 05:25:50 PM

*yawn*

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 07, 2009, 05:26:51 PM

*yawn*

good dont particapate. Its how I feel about baseball

escobar

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 07, 2009, 05:35:01 PM

West
1) lakers
2) Portland
3) SAS

East
1) Celtics
2) Magic
3) Cavs

Just curious, how do you have Portland over SA? Barring injury that roster is absolutely stacked, and they have the experience you guys lack to go on top of it.

I don't agree that Boston is above the Magic, but I can see how others might think so. I just don't think KG is going to stay healthy or that Rasheed is going to bring what everyone thinks he will. I also think they looked dead tired at the end of last year and I can imagine it's only going to get worse this year for them.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 07, 2009, 05:41:23 PM

You missed Denver OBF.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 07, 2009, 05:40:39 PM

I do believe Denver is right there also..

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 07, 2009, 05:48:32 PM

West
1) lakers
2) Portland
3) SAS

East
1) Celtics
2) Magic
3) Cavs

Just curious, how do you have Portland over SA? Barring injury that roster is absolutely stacked, and they have the experience you guys lack to go on top of it.

I don't agree that Boston is above the Magic, but I can see how others might think so. I just don't think KG is going to stay healthy or that Rasheed is going to bring what everyone thinks he will. I also think they looked dead tired at the end of last year and I can imagine it's only going to get worse this year for them.

I think Portland is stacked

1st unit
Pryzbilla
Aldridge
Batum
Roy
Blake

2nd unit
Oden
Outlaw
Webster
Fernandez
Miller

SAS age I think is catching up, and I think Portland addressed there weakness, and if last night was an indication Oden should be an asset.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 07, 2009, 05:49:04 PM

You missed Denver OBF.

nope Portland tied them in the conference, and Portland got better.

#28 : October 07, 2009, 05:49:31 PM

I liek how you ranked the east, I can agree with that. As long as you dont have the Cavs over the Magic. I have respect for Boston IF they can stay helathy, which is a huge question mark. Probably moreso than any team in the NBA.

I woudl definitely have the Laker #1, the Spurs #2, and after that Im not sure but those would be my top 2

A lot of people think the Spurs are done, but I really dont understand that line of thinking. They probably have to worry about injuries about as much as the Celtics, but if they are healthy in April and May they will be as strong as ever IMO

escobar

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 07, 2009, 06:00:51 PM

My prediction for final playoff seedings:

West:

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Blazers
4. Nuggets
5. Hornets
6. Suns
7. Mavericks
8. Jazz

East:

1. Magic
2. Cavs
3. Celtics
4. Hawks
5. Bulls
6. Sixers
7. Heat
8. Wizards

I know everyone thinks Washington is going to be good this year but I don't see Arenas staying healthy the entire season. I think they'll start out decent..probably hover around the 4th/5th seed for 2/3 of the season falling down to 8th when Arenas gets hurt again.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 67
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2009-2010 NBA Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools