Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And if Freeman came in overweight and unispired, where are we? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

mark2001

Pro Bowler
: October 07, 2009, 08:38:08 PM

Was listening to JP and SR (I believe) at 5:00 and they mentioned Freeman coming in 6 pounds overweight and not wearing a headset taking "mental reps" during the game.  Didn't hear it all but sounded like a red flag.   If Freeman isn't digging in to prep and we know his time is coming soon, where does that leave us?  This guy needs to be a leader in the next few years.   Last time I remember hearing something like that was during the S. King era, and we all know how that turned out.

Please correct me if you heard the program and I missed something.  I hope I caught something out of context or something. :-

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 07, 2009, 08:53:36 PM

No I think the Shaun King metaphor is one that makes Buc fans cringe, here's another....JaMarcus Russell, another guy who doesn't get what it takes to be a NFL QB.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#2 : October 07, 2009, 09:02:07 PM

No I think the Shaun King metaphor is one that makes Buc fans cringe, here's another....JaMarcus Russell, another guy who doesn't get what it takes to be a NFL QB.

Dalbuc,

We've been around a long time.   

Tell me.....doesn't something about the things we have seen  in the last few months, or maybe the last year, seem strangely familiar?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 07, 2009, 09:32:11 PM

Dalbuc,

We've been around a long time.   

Tell me.....doesn't something about the things we have seen  in the last few months, or maybe the last year, seem strangely familiar?

You mean deja vu?  If so I agree... >.>

#4 : October 07, 2009, 09:36:49 PM

The Shaun King Era?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 07, 2009, 09:40:04 PM

Well the worst thing if he is overweight, lazy and all that is that the one thing you'd have expected Morris' insider info to be able to nail down are just those sort of intangibles that are hard to define if you don't work with a kid all the time. That's why coaches like drafting guys from the Senior Bowl so much, they see them and understand their work habits. If Morris botched that element of the evaluation then we really are in deep trouble.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

#6 : October 07, 2009, 09:40:12 PM

And some folks thought PAST draft picks were poor?  We have yet to see how this one will play out, but Act 1 is a disaster.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 07, 2009, 09:51:30 PM

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 07, 2009, 09:54:55 PM

As a K-State alum, this is what I was referencing...

http://fannation.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/truth_and_rumors/view/17384-ksu-qb-fails-conditioning-tests

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 07, 2009, 09:59:07 PM

That is what happens when you get married.

#10 : October 07, 2009, 10:12:14 PM

if he'd cut his fondue haircut, he'd lose the extra six pounds

DougTheGreat

Starter

#11 : October 07, 2009, 10:24:20 PM

Ben Roethlisberger is an inch shorter and 7 pounds lighter, yet he's getting it done.

Freeman BMI - 28.7
Roethlistberger BMI - 28.6

OMG panic!

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 07, 2009, 10:28:02 PM

And some folks thought PAST draft picks were poor?  We have yet to see how this one will play out, but Act 1 is a disaster.

LOL@disaster. Maybe in the end it will be, but the guy has not even gotten to the field yet. Let's relax a little here lol. Besides as far as I am concerned, I like Roy Miller, Sammie Stroughter made the team as a 7th rd pick, and looks fairly good. Biggers, Fulton and Moore are injured. How about we let this play out before judging. They probably reached on Freeman, but we need a qb of the future. Disaster?

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 07, 2009, 10:45:21 PM

BUST!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 07, 2009, 10:56:11 PM

They probably reached on Freeman, but we need a qb of the future. Disaster?

they could have their pick of the litter next year
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And if Freeman came in overweight and unispired, where are we? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools