Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And if Freeman came in overweight and unispired, where are we? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 07, 2009, 11:21:35 PM

You mean the spread offense QBs? It was always next year with this team, I am sick of next year. Let's wait to judge Freeman, I like the guys abilities. Hopefully the media reports are wrong.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 07, 2009, 11:22:55 PM

BUST!

Hard to label a guy a bust who hasn't even hit the field yet.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 07, 2009, 11:42:00 PM

he's not a franchise QB

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 08, 2009, 12:03:23 AM

he's not a franchise QB
carson Palmer.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 08, 2009, 12:13:26 AM

he's not a franchise QB
carson Palmer.

?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 08, 2009, 12:19:46 AM

Jus' sayin...Palmer sat pine for a season.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 08, 2009, 12:39:30 AM

ok, gotcha ... there is nothing wrong with riding pine for a season ... just don't think freeman is a franchise QB ....

escobar

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 08, 2009, 12:43:52 AM

Well when you hear your head coach say things like "we would have taken him number one overall", and "we are married to him"...I guess it's only natural to think you can slack off. Raheem is obsessed with the guy, probably not a good thing.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 08, 2009, 12:45:27 AM

ok, gotcha ... there is nothing wrong with riding pine for a season ... just don't think freeman is a franchise QB ....
Maybe he ain't.  But under the tutelage of this coaching staf, the cuircumstances surrounding his supporting cast, his chances are definitely going down the toilet.

The only thing familiar to him is that one of his head coaches was VERY protective of him.  And now, as an NFL player, he has a HC who is struggling mightily to adjust to being a leader of men, and he is also being very protectiveof him...but for differing reasons.  Rah is trying to sav ehis job, despite the lumination of a ZERO win season getting brighter and brighter.

He throws his boy into the fray, and his boy stinks it up, and Rah will be gone BEFORE the end of the New Year...of course, right?

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 08, 2009, 12:50:35 AM

Ben Roethlisberger is an inch shorter and 7 pounds lighter, yet he's getting it done.

Freeman BMI - 28.7
Roethlistberger BMI - 28.6

OMG panic!

Figured you'd be here making excuses or defending your boy.   I guess it wasn't about Mort, it was the fact you can't stand anyone talking about the possibility that Freeman doesn't put forth enough effort to stay in shape.    He's had problems with it in college and I guess old habits die hard.  

Mort said he needs to push himself away from the dinner table because he's gained 6-7 pounds in Tampa since being drafted lol.  

Probably muscle, not really uncommon when players switch from college to professional strength trainers.

Well no that's not what he was saying.   Nothing personal but I'll take his word for it over your guess.   He said he hasn't shown anyone much work ethic or drive to be the starter and he's put on some pounds because of it.   He certainly wasn't saying it was muscle or wording it like it was a compliment.  

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=46616.msg989889#msg989889

In case your forgot how you acted like a know it all who was calling out a reporter for false info.   You even got told others were reporting it but you couldn't just bow out and take your lumps.   Just had to defend him.   

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 08, 2009, 01:31:16 AM

Someone please give me a fact based reason why Freeman will not be a success in the NFL. I do not want media hearsay, I am looking for a fact based reason only. Not saying he is going to be a great QB or even a decent one. I just don't understand why so many people on this board have made up there mind before he even steps on the field, it's a shame.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 08, 2009, 01:37:16 AM

you got a fact based reason for why he will be or are we just going by which round he was drafted and the fact that our HC says he's a "franchise QB"

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 08, 2009, 01:55:20 AM

you got a fact based reason for why he will be or are we just going by which round he was drafted and the fact that our HC says he's a "franchise QB"

...I already said I am not saying he is going to be. I am saying that it is irrational for anyone to label the guy a bust before he even steps on the field. Oh no he gained six pounds, there is no way he is our franchise QB. That's nonsense.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#28 : October 08, 2009, 02:24:03 AM

I can only hope Shanahan or Holmgren coach this team next year so we can see Freeman get developed by a real guru.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 08, 2009, 02:41:48 AM

I can only hope Shanahan or Holmgren coach this team next year so we can see Freeman get developed by a real guru.

Not a huge holmgren fan...Shanahan I would be ok with.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And if Freeman came in overweight and unispired, where are we? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools