Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And if Freeman came in overweight and unispired, where are we? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 08, 2009, 02:43:36 AM

we should have kept Jags around, he has developed Matt Ryan. He always seemed like he knew a lot about the QB position. I heard Logan was fairly good with QBs as well, funny we have him coaching the RBs

DougTheGreat

Starter

#31 : October 08, 2009, 05:09:57 AM

Ben Roethlisberger is an inch shorter and 7 pounds lighter, yet he's getting it done.

Freeman BMI - 28.7
Roethlistberger BMI - 28.6

OMG panic!

Figured you'd be here making excuses or defending your boy.   I guess it wasn't about Mort, it was the fact you can't stand anyone talking about the possibility that Freeman doesn't put forth enough effort to stay in shape.    He's had problems with it in college and I guess old habits die hard.  

Mort said he needs to push himself away from the dinner table because he's gained 6-7 pounds in Tampa since being drafted lol.  

Probably muscle, not really uncommon when players switch from college to professional strength trainers.

Well no that's not what he was saying.   Nothing personal but I'll take his word for it over your guess.   He said he hasn't shown anyone much work ethic or drive to be the starter and he's put on some pounds because of it.   He certainly wasn't saying it was muscle or wording it like it was a compliment.  

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=46616.msg989889#msg989889

In case your forgot how you acted like a know it all who was calling out a reporter for false info.   You even got told others were reporting it but you couldn't just bow out and take your lumps.   Just had to defend him.   

I'm not defending "my boy", you moron, I'm defending a Buccaneer who is being labeled a "bust" without even hitting the field.

Quit following the team, all of you who love to **CENSORED** about the dumbest things. If you don't like it, quit watching, and quit posting here about it. This place is sickening with Anti-Buccaneer posts EVERY SINGLE DAY.

#32 : October 08, 2009, 07:34:17 AM

The pick of Freeman, to this point, IS a disaster.  Think about it.  Raheem WAS at K-State with Freeman to be viewed up close, right? 

And BTW, K-State was 7-6, 5-7, and 5-7 with Freeman there.  Not exactly a winning track record.  Now it was not ALL the fault of JF at K-State, but his stats there were not exactly eye-popping either....

Passing Rushing
Season Team                        GP   Att    Comp   %     Yds     TD    Int   
2006 Kansas State Wildcats 11   270  140    51.9  1,780   6      15     
2007 Kansas State Wildcats 12   499  316    63.3  3,353   18    11   
2008 Kansas State Wildcats 12   382  224    58.6  2,945   20      8
Career                                  35  1,151 680 59.1 8,078 44 34 214 343 20

#33 : October 08, 2009, 07:38:18 AM

keepon

Understand what your thought process is , but you cannot disguise the fact that the kid is "lazy" by most counts, regarding preparation.  And I cannot recall seeing him on the sidelines with a headset on.  Just kinda walking back and forth.  Seems to me if he has any positive work ethic, he'd have the headset on and be front row center while the Bucs are on offense.  It ain't happening.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 08, 2009, 07:35:18 AM

Morris saw first hand his work ethic and what type the kid displayed. One would think he would not go hell bent on getting him if there were issues with any of this. As much as we do know about Morris is dude doesn't like laziness.

Are we now saying Freeman is a bust because of a headset and being 6 lbs overweight instead of judging his play on Sunday?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 08, 2009, 07:39:45 AM

And BTW, K-State was 7-6, 5-7, and 5-7 with Freeman there.  Not exactly a winning track record.  Now it was not ALL the fault of JF at K-State, but his stats there were not exactly eye-popping either....

Ever see Fatt Ryans college stats?

Don't understand how you can call this pick a disaster 4 games in and the kid hasn't even played. Not sure what is going on around here but there's something in the water.  

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 08, 2009, 07:41:35 AM

keepon

Understand what your thought process is , but you cannot disguise the fact that the kid is "lazy" by most counts, regarding preparation. And I cannot recall seeing him on the sidelines with a headset on. Just kinda walking back and forth. Seems to me if he has any positive work ethic, he'd have the headset on and be front row center while the Bucs are on offense. It ain't happening.

Again, wearing a headset is an indication of his work ethic?

Without being there at practice nobody knows how hard the kid is working. I'm not going to sit here and blast the kid for not wearing a headset.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 08, 2009, 07:55:12 AM

And some folks thought PAST draft picks were poor?  We have yet to see how this one will play out, but Act 1 is a disaster.

LOL@disaster. Maybe in the end it will be, but the guy has not even gotten to the field yet. Let's relax a little here lol. Besides as far as I am concerned, I like Roy Miller, Sammie Stroughter made the team as a 7th rd pick, and looks fairly good. Biggers, Fulton and Moore are injured. How about we let this play out before judging. They probably reached on Freeman, but we need a qb of the future. Disaster?

That's the problem!!!!  He's not doing one thing to make the decision tough on the coaches.  It's almost like babysitting.  Yall want coach to be up his but 24/7?  Child Please!  This thing swings both ways...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 08, 2009, 08:00:12 AM

we should have kept Jags around, he has developed Matt Ryan. He always seemed like he knew a lot about the QB position. I heard Logan was fairly good with QBs as well, funny we have him coaching the RBs
yep, the guy that delveloped Matt Ryan, David Gerrard, and Jeff Blake into NFL prospects is coaching our running backs.

I think too many people are making mountains out of a molehill with this "laziness" report.  The coaches are just probably trying to push him harder and make him self motivated.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 08, 2009, 08:10:38 AM

I doubt there are many who were less pleased about the Freeman pick than I.  With that in place - this kid, along with JJ to an extent, were given short shrift in preparation for the season - right up to today.  First the Joshes were left on the side while McCown and Lefty's saga played out - they heard they were going to be cut or sit for a year, they shared the limited inadequate reps while the " starting candidates" went through their death dance.

And now - what - we bring up things from their past - meaningful or meaningless - the dice were rolled - they are still tumbling.  Until we see something on the field - well interesting convo for sure - but no one knows that anything beyond the normal long shot of a college qb becoming a NFL qb - so go easy on each other as everyone searches for some insight - where little to no info is available - and even less applies.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 08, 2009, 08:16:01 AM

Cut Freeman, draft Tebow.

#41 : October 08, 2009, 08:16:06 AM

Yes, wearing a headset IS part of the work ethic.  If nothing else, it indicates SOME kind of interest from him.  Watching him pace the sidelines, he gives me the indication that he couldn't tell you the score of the game!

And the coaches themselves, along with players, have commented on his work ethic.  So where there's smoke, there's fire.

For God's sake, this kid was the FIRST pick!!  I never said the word "bust" on him, but SO FAR, it appears like a disaster.  If the kid is taken in the 3rd or lower, it might be different.  He was not.  He was dubbed immediately as the franchise QB and by God I expect MORE...a lot more.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 08, 2009, 08:27:27 AM

Perhaps Prefer, perhaps he is listening via his helmet.

As for all who have commented - I believe the rumor is well ahead of the events that have taken place.  Do I think he is being handled well by the staff - you have me there.  Do I think the kid might be struggling with the maelstrom created by the staff - yea.  Do I see what some are describing as a lazy do nothing - no.  No one does that I have noted.  And if someone has - I would like to read it.  And to save a little effort - I have read the PR comments, no need to rehash that.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

DougTheGreat

Starter

#43 : October 08, 2009, 08:29:40 AM

Cut Freeman, draft Tebow.

Can we get/enforce a rule that bans trolling? Please.

#44 : October 08, 2009, 08:38:21 AM

dbuc

As for listening through the helmet, oftentimes I have seen him with a ballcap on.  IIRC, I read in one of the staff's articles that the work ethic wasn't all it should be.  I may be wrong on this and will admit such of I'm off-base.  But in recollection of an article, combined with what I have seen on the sidelines, I'm not touched.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: And if Freeman came in overweight and unispired, where are we? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools