Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ndamukong Suh plays tonight on ESPN @ 9:00PM EST « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

calibucfan15

Starter

#90 : October 09, 2009, 10:47:05 AM

I've heard so many guys say that trading down to grab more picks should be the plan. While I agree that would be ideal if there were still gamebreakers that would fall to where we moved to. However with this being such a qb deep draft why would somebody stress moving up to take their guy when there's a few more guys who can be selected with probably the same grade as the guy you wanted.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#91 : October 09, 2009, 10:49:21 AM

While I'm normally in favor of trading down, each year there are usually 5-7 top prospects and then a drop off after that. The Bucs are going to be picking in the top 5-7 so they have to make sure they get one of the blue chip players. No screwing around. Trade down in the 2nd if you have to.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Buc31

Starter

#92 : October 09, 2009, 10:54:53 AM

Trading down would be the dumbest thing we could possibly do. Yes this team has holes, but if you take the bpa (Suh!!!!!) you would be filling one of the holes with a great player for years to come. I believe that Suh can solve ALOT of problems with this defense.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#93 : October 09, 2009, 11:34:31 AM

I like the way Suh plays with attitude and swagger - something this D is missing (besides Talib).

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#94 : October 09, 2009, 11:44:36 AM

He got held on many many plays as well.

Suh'weet!

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#95 : October 09, 2009, 01:17:04 PM

Pike doesn't have an NFL arm. Everything else about him is good though. He's also a spread qb. Probably nothing more than a career backup in the NFL.

Pike's arm is more than NFL sufficient -- I'd compare his arm favorably to someone like Tom Brady or Eli Manning. He'll never be confused with having a rifle, but he can insert the ball into space quickly from 10-15 yards and he can throw a deep ball well enough.

I like Tony Pike a lot. He's a heady kid who is somethnig of a late-bloomer, so I think there's quite a bit of untapped potential left within him. He's also still in the process of filling out -- as he adds a bit more muscle to his frame (6'6" tall), he'll be a real load to bring down in the backfield.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#96 : October 09, 2009, 02:06:51 PM

Trading down would be the dumbest thing we could possibly do. Yes this team has holes, but if you take the bpa (Suh!!!!!) you would be filling one of the holes with a great player for years to come. I believe that Suh can solve ALOT of problems with this defense.

This. Color me convinced after watching him last night...

escobar

Hall of Famer

#97 : October 09, 2009, 02:21:22 PM

I agree he looks like a nice player but it doesnt mean trading down is the "dumbest thing we could possibly do". With an ownership group that has proven it won't spend money on legit FA's we need as many draft picks as possible.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#98 : October 09, 2009, 02:44:24 PM

Suh next to Roy Miller would be a great combination for years to come.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#99 : October 09, 2009, 03:11:21 PM

I agree he looks like a nice player but it doesnt mean trading down is the "dumbest thing we could possibly do". With an ownership group that has proven it won't spend money on legit FA's we need as many draft picks as possible.

ugh.... [banghead]

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ndamukong Suh plays tonight on ESPN @ 9:00PM EST « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools