Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which insurance denies the most claims? « previous next »
Page: 1

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

: October 08, 2009, 09:46:26 AM

How come Medicare can be  "sold" across state lines and not subject to the same burdensome state mandates that private insurers have to add on, yet, even with this favorable Federal lack of regulation this program will be bancrupt soon enough?

Perhaps it is these state mandates that are making the insurance companies so profitable and premiums so unafforadable.

Am I missing something here?

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 08, 2009, 12:50:21 AM

You know how liberals like to use arguement that insurance companies are evil because they refuse claims?

Here is some interesting data to consider....

Number of claims denied between 3/2007 to 3/2008:
Aetna - 43,317 (6.80%)
Anthem - 11,546 (4.62%)
Cigna - 263,728 (3.44%)
Coventry - 20,487 (2.88%)
Health Net - 193 (3.88%)
Humana - 4,412 (2.90%)
United Healthcare - 30,177 (2.68%)
Medicare - 475,466 claims denied (6.85%)

Yet Obama and his goons wants us to believe that the government-run healthcare is better than private insurance? The governmenrt denies twice as many health claims than the private industry average does.

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 09, 2009, 04:12:05 PM

hmm blue cross denied my wifes claim recently because "Allergies" are a pre-existing condition.
Never mind when she was originally diagnosed with allergies...she was with blue cross...and then went with Aetna......Aetna covered it for 3 years...then my company switched to blue cross.....and then denied it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 08, 2009, 12:14:31 PM

Because each state has different laws and then the crying that "they" are trampling all over states' rights would commence if they were to allow private insurers to go across state lines.  From my view point either way the conservatives would whine about either direction taken.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 08, 2009, 01:55:54 PM

Because each state has different laws and then the crying that "they" are trampling all over states' rights would commence if they were to allow private insurers to go across state lines.  From my view point either way the conservatives would whine about either direction taken.

If they were to whine about the allowing companies to sell across state lines they would look pretty stupid - considering that is one of the elements of their own health plan offering

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 08, 2009, 02:37:37 PM

While I do appreciate the fact that you don't miss a chance to piss on conservatives I only wish that you had answered the question. You did however, answer "a" question, just not "either" of the questions I asked. 

However, in response to your tangential answer let me then ask this. Based upon your argument of States rights superceding Federal trampling shouldn't then, States have the right to not impose Medicare upon its citizens, or do we then get into the Commerce Clause fiasco.

Or you can have another chance of answering either one of the original questions, 1. How can Medicare, being free to cross state lines free of costly state mandated add on insurance protections still be scheduled to be bancrupt within the next ten years, or 2. and this could be a fun one for you, am I missing something here as to why and how Medicare can be bancrupt while private insurers are raking in the dough?

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 09, 2009, 05:01:38 PM

While I do appreciate the fact that you don't miss a chance to piss on conservatives I only wish that you had answered the question. You did however, answer "a" question, just not "either" of the questions I asked. 

However, in response to your tangential answer let me then ask this. Based upon your argument of States rights superceding Federal trampling shouldn't then, States have the right to not impose Medicare upon its citizens, or do we then get into the Commerce Clause fiasco.

Or you can have another chance of answering either one of the original questions, 1. How can Medicare, being free to cross state lines free of costly state mandated add on insurance protections still be scheduled to be bancrupt within the next ten years, or 2. and this could be a fun one for you, am I missing something here as to why and how Medicare can be bancrupt while private insurers are raking in the dough?
Re the last one - given the known fraud in Medicare - as identified by the president - why not prove you can eliminate the fraud PRIOR to expanding the program - if one were to reduce costs say 50 billion a year for a couple of years by getting fraud to the level of private insurers it would give some help for those who don't believe the federal government had the ability/capacity to save 50 billion without spending a like amount.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which insurance denies the most claims? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools