Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey, How many of you miss Gruden now? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 08, 2009, 04:09:54 PM

Gruden's PC's were awesome that is for sure.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 08, 2009, 04:12:51 PM

Just wondering. I do.

Not me! I thank god every day that Gruden is gone.

I'm glad your personal hatred for Gruden is stronger than your desire to see the Bucs win a ball game.

DKWEST

Starter

#32 : October 08, 2009, 04:14:06 PM

Don't neccasarily miss him,..   I just miss having a team that I felt always had a chance to win.

Mediocrity never looked so good eh?   lmao

escobar

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 08, 2009, 04:18:23 PM

Gruden took a team with sub par talent (due to a variety of reasons) and made them competitive. If the owners actually spent money and our scouting department was revamped giving Gruden a talented roster, we would have been a SB threat year after year. The guy proved he could win the big one. We have downgraded literally everywhere and are now left scrambling hoping we can one day find another coach that could do the things the guy we fired already did. That's called terrible management.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 08, 2009, 04:20:21 PM

Just wondering. I do.

I'm glad your personal hatred for Gruden is stronger than your desire to see the Bucs win a ball game.

I think my pleasure with Gruden's firing is a product of my strong desire to see this team succeed. Gruden's WCO that was unproductive game in and game out was getting sickening. His soft, tired free agent patch jobs were worn out, and is complete inability to evaluate young talent and develop that talent were the reason for his downfall. Teams must have a lot of success in drafts something Gruden could never do.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 08, 2009, 04:32:10 PM

Just wondering. I do.

I think my pleasure with Gruden's firing is a product of my strong desire to see this team succeed. Gruden's WCO that was unproductive game in and game out was getting sickening. His soft, tired free agent patch jobs were worn out, and is complete inability to evaluate young talent and develop that talent were the reason for his downfall. Teams must have a lot of success in drafts something Gruden could never do.

Well sorry but I call BS on that. If you want to see the team succeed you'd want a guy around that has proven he can allow it to. Considering the resources Gruden had to work with he did quite well IMO. I have no doubt in my mind that if we had an owner like Jerry Jones when Gruden was coach here we'd have more than one Super Bowl trophy. Saying Gruden never had success drafting is also ridiculous...if you want to see a poor draft history go look up Dungy's drafts, they were ATROCIOUS. Besides BK, Ronde, and Dunn I don't think he drafted a single other player worth a crap.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 08, 2009, 04:32:33 PM

Jeebus, can we please set up a "Gruden Board" for these helmet polishers to slobber over the guy?  The Red Board is totally polluted.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 08, 2009, 04:36:11 PM

Jeebus, can we please set up a "Gruden Board" for these helmet polishers to slobber over the guy?  The Red Board is totally polluted.

So you'd prefer to talk about our current situation? This is a wasted year, most of the players we are watching won't be here much longer and most of the coaches also wont be here much longer. The Glazers took a year off from the Bucs, why shouldn't we?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 08, 2009, 04:53:24 PM

Since everyone loves to bash Gruden so much for his drafting, I thought you'd like to see the stellar job Dungy did. Not a lot of quality players during his tenure. If not for good ole Sam it's quite clear our turn around never would have occured.

1996:

1a     Regan Upshaw               
1b    Marcus Jones            
2    Mike Alstott            
3    Donnie Abraham           
4a    Jason Odom           
4b    Eric Austin            
5    ason Maniecki           
6    Nilo Silvan           
7    Reggie Rusk

1997:

1a     Warrick Dunn               
1b    Reidel Anthony            
2    Jerry Wunsch           
3a    Frank Middleton        
3b    Ronde Barber            
4    Alshermond Singleton        
5    Patrick Hape            
6a    Al Harris           
6b    Nigea Carter            
7    Anthony DeGrate

1998:

2a     Jacquez Green           
2b    Brian Kelly           
3    Jamie Duncan            
4    Todd Washington        
5    Traded for Lorenzo Neal         
6a    James Cannida           
6b    Shevin Smith           
7    Chance McCarty

1999:

1     Anthony McFarland          
2    Shaun King            
3    Martin Gramatica        
4    Dexter Jackson            
5    John McLaughlin        
6    Lamarr Glenn            
7a    Robert Hunt            
7b    Autry Denson           
7c    Darnell McDonald

2000:

2      Cosey Coleman         
3    Nate Webster            
5    James Whalen            
6    David Gibson           
7    Joe Hamilton

2001:

1     Kenyatta Walker     
3    Dwight Smith           
4    John Howell           
5    Russ Hochstein            
6a    Jameel Cook            
6b    Ellis Wyms           
7a    Dauntae` Finger        
7b    Than Merrill           
7c    Joe Tafoya

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 08, 2009, 04:58:33 PM

Since everyone loves to bash Gruden so much for his drafting, I thought you'd like to see the stellar job Dungy did. Not a lot of quality players during his tenure. If not for good ole Sam it's quite clear our turn around never would have occured.

What does Dungy have to do with this?  Does Dungy/McKay's crappy drafting somehow make GruAllen's crappy drafting less crappy?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 08, 2009, 04:59:48 PM

Just wondering. I do.

Well sorry but I call a subject for debate on that. If you want to see the team succeed you'd want a guy around that has proven he can allow it to. Considering the resources Gruden had to work with he did quite well IMO. I have no doubt in my mind that if we had an owner like Jerry Jones when Gruden was coach here we'd have more than one Super Bowl trophy. Saying Gruden never had success drafting is also ridiculous...if you want to see a poor draft history go look up Dungy's drafts, they were ATROCIOUS. Besides BK, Ronde, and Dunn I don't think he drafted a single other player worth a crap.

agree to disagree, Dungy has proven with the Colts he can draft a football team. Gruden had little to no success with drafts and was inept when it came to developing talent. Those picks that have had ANY success are on the defensive side of the ball and were most likely a product of kiffin and the defensive scouting department. We are talking about a guy who whiffed on several picks here, and had no sustained success on offensive picks. I will give him the O line, but they have been suspect as of late and sometimes last year. Gruden won a super bowl here, I do not hate the guy, I am happy he brought one to Tampa. After that year, Gruden has had little to no success. Soft schedules resulted in 9-7 seasons and a loss in the first round. We were dominated by the Giants at home in a divisional playoff game and exposed under Gruden. Where is the consistency? I am not saying Morris was the right hire, I am just saying it was time for a change.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 08, 2009, 05:02:07 PM

Dungy has proven with the Colts he can draft a football team.

Bill Polian just phoned in to say "WTH?"

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 08, 2009, 05:03:34 PM

Additionally, I would have no doubt that Gruden could take a team like the Cowboys to the Super Bowl. They have talent already in place, this team stinks of the ruins that Gruden left behind with his worn out thirty five year old players. We are suffering because of his inability to draft, I do not think that there can be any debate on that.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 08, 2009, 05:05:07 PM

Dungy has proven with the Colts he can draft a football team.

Bill Polian just phoned in to say "WTH?"

I think he has built the Colts from the ground up. They are one of the few teams in this league that have had sustained success.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 08, 2009, 05:09:11 PM

Why you complaining?   Don't you see him enough at city functions?   Oh...you live in Gurdenville not Grudenville.   Silly of me to think that you could actually spell your lover's name.    Are you ever gonna send him those love letters you have stashed away in an old shoebox in the closet?   The ones you sprayed with Drakkar Noir.   Stalker. 

"spell your lover's name"?  What are you, 14?  Man, grow up.  And, if you're the one responding to his post, doesn't that make YOU the stalker?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey, How many of you miss Gruden now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools