Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vaccine contains the H1N1 Swine Flu Virus. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 10, 2009, 05:51:09 PM

its not mandatory
never was.

stop listening and believing everything rush says.
Unless you're in the military.....

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 10, 2009, 05:58:51 PM

Given the choice between a few days of the flu and ingesting 25micrograms of mercury, I'll take the sweat it out route. I rarely get the flu, and it is extremely unlikely that the flu will kill me or permanently harm me. But Mercury will absolutely cause permanent damage. And since there is already a lot of uncertainty about how much mercury might be in our food supply (especially seafood) why knowingly add certain risk to possibly prevent a possible disease?

Did not know about Thimerosal and its mercury content before reading this thread. So the Pirate's Cove does prove useful.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 10, 2009, 06:41:12 PM

Given the choice between a few days of the flu and ingesting 25micrograms of mercury, I'll take the sweat it out route. I rarely get the flu, and it is extremely unlikely that the flu will kill me or permanently harm me. But Mercury will absolutely cause permanent damage. And since there is already a lot of uncertainty about how much mercury might be in our food supply (especially seafood) why knowingly add certain risk to possibly prevent a possible disease?

Did not know about Thimerosal and its mercury content before reading this thread. So the Pirate's Cove does prove useful.

The amount is less than in a tuna sandwich. I'd not worry about that.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

2goodbucs

Starter
#33 : October 10, 2009, 07:35:19 PM

Good example of Darwinism in this thread. Let the knuckleheads "sweat out" illnesses or refuse vaccinations - evolution will filter these idiots out.

Well, I didn't expect that comment from you. So sporadic and random knee-jerk reaction. Maybe that is what caused you to get the vaccine shot. If you took the shot without looking into whats in the ingredients first and becoming familiar with the harm it does to your body and then someday in the future you find yourself wondering why you are regularly having kidney dialysis, chemotherapy, or have the shakes like Michael J Fox....I wouldn't say "I told you so!" while throwing out negative and belittling comments toward you like you have in your previous comment.

You sir have placed yourself at a certain level and posters like myself refuse to get to that level. Please step your game up.

2goodbucs

Starter
#34 : October 10, 2009, 07:41:16 PM

Well you sweat out polio and tetanus? Samoa must have access to foods the rest of the world has missed or do you just mean you don't vaccinate for the flu?

The Samoan people in Samoa never had problems with sickness before the European settlers came but when the sickness did come we just kept on doing what we always were doing and maybe a bit more to flush out the sickness. My family never took the vaccine when it came to flu type symptoms. We just sweat it out. Go fishing, go hunting, and dance until its gone. Old school stuff that required no medication. Maybe the coconut milk was a factor too.

2goodbucs

Starter
#35 : October 10, 2009, 07:50:20 PM

Well, ingesting foods containing Mercury like Tuna from a sushi restaurant is ok for an adult but not for a child under the age of 6. The danger of Mercury is when it is injected directly in the bloodstream. Like I mentioned in a previous post of this thread that Mercury doesn't flush out, so that minuscule portion of Thimerosal can virtually multiply. The reason being is that the Mercury tainted blood will eventually find its way to the brain and back to the heart and back to the brain again. It's a nonstop attack to the neurological system by slowly degrading it during time. That is why it is known as a slow kill weapon. 

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 10, 2009, 08:46:35 PM

this thread makes me laugh.....seriously folks....take it...dont take it....its up to you...but if you dont take it...you dont get to witch later when youre ill

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#37 : October 10, 2009, 09:30:30 PM

The Thimerosal is only used in multidose vials - used when large groups (ie military) are immunizaed. Get the nasal spray and you won't worry about it if you're afraid of mercury poisoning.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 11, 2009, 12:36:25 AM

The Thimerosal is only used in multidose vials - used when large groups (ie military) are immunizaed. Get the nasal spray and you won't worry about it if you're afraid of mercury poisoning.

Thanks, good to know.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 11, 2009, 12:42:30 AM

But it is a cumulative poison. And it is a certainty. If I was 80 or had diabetes, AIDs, Renal disease, etc., the risk of the flu being serious/life threatening plus the limited life expectancy, I'd take it. But since I expect quite a few more decades and I've always been fairly flu-resistant, I'll avoid certain poison consumption and risk the chance of getting the flu and the even smaller chance of it being serious (IMO, a VERY small chance)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 11, 2009, 01:25:45 AM

But it is a cumulative poison. And it is a certainty. If I was 80 or had diabetes, AIDs, Renal disease, etc., the risk of the flu being serious/life threatening plus the limited life expectancy, I'd take it. But since I expect quite a few more decades and I've always been fairly flu-resistant, I'll avoid certain poison consumption and risk the chance of getting the flu and the even smaller chance of it being serious (IMO, a VERY small chance)

IIRC the mercury compound that thimerosol breaks down into is not cumulative like the one in fish.  The body can flush it out.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 11, 2009, 03:07:19 AM

AS opposed to worrying about a level of mercury poisoning that is so small you'd never even blink at it? Skip your next fish meal and you've more than made up the difference. No idea why people want to get so nuts about this stuff.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 11, 2009, 12:09:45 PM

AS opposed to worrying about a level of mercury poisoning that is so small you'd never even blink at it? Skip your next fish meal and you've more than made up the difference. No idea why people want to get so nuts about this stuff.

Per the OP "each .5ml dose contains 25mcg of Mercury. The EPA has reduced the acceptable mercury intake from 0.5mcg to 0.1mcg per day which is 36.5mcg/year. So one flu shot is 68% of the maximum allowable limit.

As Morgan posted there are single dose and nasal spray options that DON"T contain Thimerosal, so why take unnecessary risks?

And I'm not going "nut" about it, just looking at the odds. Odds of mercury in a multidose source of flu vaccine=100%. Odds of me getting the flu w/o vaccine=~20%, odds that if I get the flu, it would cause life threatening problems=~5%, 5%*20%= 1%

100% vs ~1% and I say avoid the mercury.

Again, if I was elderly, diabetic, HIV+, on dialysis or had other "serious risk factors" then it would be a different story.

DougTheGreat

Starter

#43 : October 11, 2009, 12:30:11 PM

Per the OP "each .5ml dose contains 25mcg of Mercury. The EPA has reduced the acceptable mercury intake from 0.5mcg to 0.1mcg per day which is 36.5mcg/year. So one flu shot is 68% of the maximum allowable limit.

As Morgan posted there are single dose and nasal spray options that DON"T contain Thimerosal, so why take unnecessary risks?

And I'm not going "nut" about it, just looking at the odds. Odds of mercury in a multidose source of flu vaccine=100%. Odds of me getting the flu w/o vaccine=~20%, odds that if I get the flu, it would cause life threatening problems=~5%, 5%*20%= 1%

100% vs ~1% and I say avoid the mercury.

Again, if I was elderly, diabetic, HIV+, on dialysis or had other "serious risk factors" then it would be a different story.

Well said.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#44 : October 11, 2009, 06:16:49 PM

CDC Official Downplays H1N1 Vaccine Risks
Sunday , October 11, 2009

ADVERTISEMENTWASHINGTON —

A top U.S. health official says the risks from not getting the H1N1 vaccine are greater than any potential risks associated with the vaccine.

Dr. Anne Schuchat of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says she's surprised by all the misinformation going around about the new vaccine. She says a good safety record from past vaccines bodes well for the H1N1 vaccine now becoming available.

Schuchat says there's no problem associated with getting shots for both the H1N1 and seasonal flu on the same day. But health officials recommend a three-week period between receiving the nasal versions of the vaccines.

Schuchat says vaccines remain the best way to protect children and adults from both strains of flu.

She appeared Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union."

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vaccine contains the H1N1 Swine Flu Virus. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools