Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you make this trade? « previous next »
Page: 1

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

: October 09, 2009, 10:57:32 AM

A guy offered me a trade for Ward.  At first he wanted to give up Buckhalter for him.  I countered asking for D. Williams RB CAR?Evans WR BUF for Smith RB DET/Ward WR PIT.  He tells me that the only player on his roster that is not touchable is Williams.  I countered and offered Slayton RB HOU/Evans WR BUF for Smith RB DET/Ward WR PIT.  MY last counter to him was Slayton and Morgan WR SF for Addi and Ward.

My question is this.  If the guy rejects the current offer would you accept the trade of Smith and Ward for Slayton and Evans?

My team would then be:
Shaub
Forte
Slayton
Fitz
Jennings
Olson
Eagles
Longwell

This is a 10 team league with 22 players on each roster.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 09, 2009, 12:56:38 PM

Evans hasn't done much for me in my league, but if your giving up Addai and Ward for Slayton and Evans I'd say it's a one sided trade.

Ward is a more consistent playmaker and is Burgers go to guy. Addai has been equally productive as Slaton up to this point and after a bad beginning to the game last week Moats showed he can perform just as well.

You have to consider Donald Brown emerging with Addai and Slaton potentially could be split more carries with Moats.

IMO Ward is on another level than Evans and Addai and Slaton are equal performers so far.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 09, 2009, 02:41:46 PM

I think your better off with Smith and Ward.  Slayton did alright last Sunday, but he isn't that great.

I'd keep Ward over Josh Morgan, lol.  Are you kidding me?  He is also better than Lee Evans.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 09, 2009, 02:45:09 PM

well wait a minute.  It looks like you only start 2 RB and 2 WR, with no flex position---so actually Ward does you no good on the bench.

I would then consider that trade of Smith/Ward for Evans/Slayton.

Slayton is better than Smith, although, not overwelmingly.

Ward is much better than Evans, but you would only need Evans for the week that Jennings has a bye.(Fitz already had his)

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 12, 2009, 10:23:19 AM

Jennings had his bye this week.  The guy declined every trade offer.  He was trying to get a lot out of me while giving up a little.  I guess when your are 0-4 you have to try something.  He is now 0-5 and I offered him Smith/Ward for D. Williams/ Evans and told him he could take it or leave it.

Wilson

Practice Squad

#5 : October 15, 2009, 09:39:41 PM

Evans is useless this year and Smith is a better running back than Slayton. i'd do it

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 22, 2009, 09:43:18 AM

I ended up trading Kevin Smith and Hines Ward and getting D. Williams and Lee Evans. 
My starters are now:
Shaub
Forte
D. Williams
Fitz
Jennings
Olson
Eagles
Longwell

Booker

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 22, 2009, 01:06:29 PM

get rid of Forte

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 22, 2009, 06:16:53 PM

what is with people wanting to dump top picks?   I mean with the other RBs if you can get something great for him, then go for it.  Otherwise it doesn't hurt to have some good RB depth.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#9 : October 22, 2009, 11:48:12 PM

lmao, you stole Williams....

Awful.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you make this trade? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools