Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all the Deion backlash, Dez Bryant may drop « previous next »
Page: 1

conrad77

Pro Bowler

: October 09, 2009, 12:11:14 PM

Looking at Deion Sanders track record, the players he advises are riddled with trouble.   Now after the Crabtree debacle, and Bryant lying about Sanders being his advisor, you have to wonder if teams are going to let him drop a bit for fear of the influence Deion might have over him and any potential issues.  Sanders is an egomaniac and is advising his guys in the same irresponsible manor.  Personally I like Bryant, even though we can't go WR that high, but at this point, I don't know if I would want him even if he drops unless he breaks ties with D.  I'm sure a lot of GM's are thinking the same.  Who wants to draft the next Pacman or Crabtree?  I just wonder how far he falls and how much his talent level keeps him afloat.

[Add witty one liner here]

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 09, 2009, 12:12:05 PM

Crabtree is the only one "riddled" with trouble. Noel Devine, and Devin Hester are doing fine.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 09, 2009, 12:17:06 PM

Looking at Deion Sanders track record, the players he advises are riddled with trouble. Now after the Crabtree debacle, and Bryant lying about Sanders being his advisor, you have to wonder if teams are going to let him drop a bit for fear of the influence Deion might have over him and any potential issues. Sanders is an egomaniac and is advising his guys in the same irresponsible manor. Personally I like Bryant, even though we can't go WR that high, but at this point, I don't know if I would want him even if he drops unless he breaks ties with D. I'm sure a lot of GM's are thinking the same. Who wants to draft the next Pacman or Crabtree? I just wonder how far he falls and how much his talent level keeps him afloat.

we CAN go receiver that high. this team needs to draft BPA. It is the only way to avoid reaching, look where drafting by need has gotten us in the past. Realistically, this team has to get better at every position.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 09, 2009, 01:04:36 PM

we CAN go receiver that high. this team needs to draft BPA. It is the only way to avoid reaching, look where drafting by need has gotten us in the past. Realistically, this team has to get better at every position.

It's foolhardy to draft a WR, even if he is the mythical BPA, on a team riddled with as many holes as Tampa.

Good WRs are a dime a dozen if you're scouting properly.

calibucfan15

Starter

#4 : October 09, 2009, 01:12:08 PM

That's kind of a ridiculous assessment. So because Deion is taking it under his wings to try to mentor some misguided future stars he is all of a sudden the problem and will turn these guys into divas? Lol. Sorry. But that's a personality trait that your born with, either you have that type of attitude or you don't....

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 09, 2009, 02:27:17 PM

First, people are tagging him with being the reason why they are turning into problem players.  I didn't make that assessment, the media did.  I was just pointing out the possibility of Bryant dropping.  Second, he has worked with more than just Bryant, Hester and Devine.  He has worked with Pacman, Crabtree and a couple other winners I can't think of right now. 

[Add witty one liner here]

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 09, 2009, 02:36:17 PM

That's kind of a ridiculous assessment. So because Deion is taking it under his wings to try to mentor some misguided future stars he is all of a sudden the problem and will turn these guys into divas? Lol. Sorry. But that's a personality trait that your born with, either you have that type of attitude or you don't....

Bingo.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 09, 2009, 02:37:16 PM

Tampa would have to be picking in that 8-12 range in order for Bryant to be BPA. And conrad the only way i think Bryant falls is if he has a terrible combine.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all the Deion backlash, Dez Bryant may drop « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools