Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How Times Have Changed « previous next »
Page: 1

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
: October 09, 2009, 05:07:57 PM

When I was young, when my Mother felt I needed it, my mother tried to wash my mouth with a a bar of Borax soap. It was nasty stuff.

Now my daughter just squirts a shot of scented liquid soap into my grandson.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 09, 2009, 09:42:20 PM

Scented liquid soap?  Dove? ???

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 09, 2009, 09:49:21 PM

At least she punishes her kid. I'm sick of seeing these parents see they're kids act like little brats and do nothing, or put them in "time out". Corporal punishment when preformed right, is good for kids.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 09, 2009, 10:54:28 PM

Ah, the power of a 20 mule team cleaning out your mouth!

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

DougTheGreat

Starter

#4 : October 09, 2009, 10:57:18 PM

I found you get better results if you just stab them with sporks from Taco Bell.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 11, 2009, 03:43:23 AM

Thank goodness my daughter is a good kid.  I think she wants to make ME eat the soap sometimes...

She is one of the rarest types of kid man.  Just a pleasure to be around, very very respectful, very giving of her things, very happy without being obnoxious or annoying.  Never met a person who did not think the world of her...and you can tell the difference.

Not that I am the greatest parent, but I am very proud of her.  Never had to raise my voice at her.  Honestly.  Nature.

I have seen some awful little kids, and I see how the parents react and treat and discipline and guide them, and I have to say the nurture part plays a HUGE role in developing kids man.  Parents are to blame in a lot of obvious cases.  I have friends who are terrible parents, and their kids are downright awful to be around.  Not just annoying, but awful.  And I see how the parents dismiss, neglect, or lead by poor example, and realize how much I am blessed, and lucky, to have a very awesome kid.

Hope you guys are good parents.

Sorry for my moment of being a proud dad.  I do not brag about a good many things, but she is worth it!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 11, 2009, 08:50:49 AM

Thank goodness my daughter is a good kid.  I think she wants to make ME eat the soap sometimes...

She is one of the rarest types of kid man.  Just a pleasure to be around, very very respectful, very giving of her things, very happy without being obnoxious or annoying.  Never met a person who did not think the world of her...and you can tell the difference.

Not that I am the greatest parent, but I am very proud of her.  Never had to raise my voice at her.  Honestly.  Nature.

I have seen some awful little kids, and I see how the parents react and treat and discipline and guide them, and I have to say the nurture part plays a HUGE role in developing kids man.  Parents are to blame in a lot of obvious cases.  I have friends who are terrible parents, and their kids are downright awful to be around.  Not just annoying, but awful.  And I see how the parents dismiss, neglect, or lead by poor example, and realize how much I am blessed, and lucky, to have a very awesome kid.

Hope you guys are good parents.

Sorry for my moment of being a proud dad.  I do not brag about a good many things, but she is worth it!

You are a lucky man!

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 11, 2009, 09:25:00 AM

When I was young, when my Mother felt I needed it, my mother tried to wash my mouth with a a bar of Borax soap. It was nasty stuff.

Now my daughter just squirts a shot of scented liquid soap into my grandson.
Irish spring was even worse...I never forget that stuff...maybe it was jergens....oh well so much for the memories...the results were the same...OBD

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How Times Have Changed « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools