Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: St. Pete times calls out Ruud « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 11, 2009, 09:21:47 AM

Would I keep him here? I guess since we don't have much better at that position. Would I give him big money? Not even close. He is a lot more like a Gary Plummer type than a Ray Lewis.

Can you name another guy like Ray Lewis in the league?

While there may never be another Ray-Ray, Patrick Willis is on his way!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 11, 2009, 09:24:24 AM

OK...I gotta be honest.

If I was gonna give Ruud a nickname, it would be "RAG DOLL".

Dude gets totally taken out of the "play" more than Abraham Lincoln.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 11, 2009, 09:26:56 AM

The number 2 tackler in the NFL gets taken out of the play so often?    I guess the NFL needs to look for guys who get taken out of the play then.   Because those are the true playmakers and tacklers in the league.   Makes alot of sense.   HotAir, you truly are just that when it comes to Ruud.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 11, 2009, 09:28:07 AM

Ruud is a good defender, and it would help if the DT play was better.  But is he worth giving a big contract to?  I am on the fence to be honest.

You give him a big deal because he's worth that, you don't give him an elite deal.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 11, 2009, 09:30:35 AM

If they gave out Emmys for "Most Tackles by a MLB in the 6 to 10 Yard" category-- he'd be a LOCK.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 11, 2009, 09:31:32 AM

Ruud is a good defender, and it would help if the DT play was better.  But is he worth giving a big contract to?  I am on the fence to be honest.

You give him a big deal because he's worth that, you don't give him an elite deal.

I totally agree.   The Bucs should let Ruud walk.   He deserves better than to play for this team the way it is.

calicojack

Starter
#36 : October 11, 2009, 09:34:44 AM

The majority of the tackles Ruud makes are  5 yards or less.  

I see posters comparing Ruud with two ILBs.  Lewis and Willis play in 3-4 alignments.  How does Ruud compare to Urlacher?  I think, if Ruud played in a major market, he'd be a perrenial ProBowler...

The Dream Team

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 11, 2009, 09:40:03 AM

Now THAT is a tremendously funny line! I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's still funny!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 11, 2009, 09:41:04 AM

The majority of the tackles Ruud makes are  5 yards or less. �

I see posters comparing Ruud with two ILBs. �Lewis and Willis play in 3-4 alignments. �How does Ruud compare to Urlacher? �I think, if Ruud played in a major market, he'd be a perrenial ProBowler...

He's not in Urlacher's category either. My best comparison, and this isn't bad, is London Fletcher. He's not a dominator but he's a good player for years and years in this league that is a tackling machine. People think that players are either awful or transcendent. That's not true. Saying Ruud isn't Urlacher, Lewis or Willis good isn't saying he's bad, just that he's a notch below those guys.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 11, 2009, 09:42:51 AM

More than a notch. London Fletcher is a good comparison..... he's simply "solid".

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 11, 2009, 09:44:14 AM

He is one of the best defenders on this defense which I doubt is disputed.  If he receives a deal similar to Tutapu's that would be fine.  But anything more than that the Bucs are shopping for a new starting mike in the near future.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 11, 2009, 10:32:56 AM

Ruud is #2 in the NFL in tackles just to let everyone know. Least he was the last I checked.

Maybe that's because the Bucs defense has been on the field for more plays than the other teams. He's had a lot more opportunities than most MLBs. Also, Bates' defense is predicated on driving the play towards the MLB.

I thought Bates defense was predicated on the defensive ends getting a lot of pressure and sacks.  How's that working out?   Ruud is doing his job.   The rest of the D is not.

LBer play in this defense is to feed the MLB.

Tackles by themselves don't tell the full story. Assuming every play doesn't go the distance, some player on defense has to make the tackle. That doesn't necessarily indicate good play. Ruud is not a stout player and was a better fit in the Kiffin defense which relied on the Mike to cover deep middle routes and tackle down the line while the Will made the plays. I'm not sure Ruud is a great fit in more of a "traditional" 4-3 defense. He's by no means the biggest problem on defense but the reason he's being singled out is because of his contract status.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

DailyRich68

Starter
#42 : October 11, 2009, 10:44:11 AM

Would I keep him here?  I guess since we don't have much better at that position.  Would I give him big money?  Not even close.  He is a lot more like a Gary Plummer type than a Ray Lewis. 

Can you name another guy like Ray Lewis in the league?

Remember how Ray Lewis kind of disappeared for a few seasons when the Ravens didn't have a dominant nose tackle?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 11, 2009, 10:51:18 AM

OK...I gotta be honest.

If I was gonna give Ruud a nickname, it would be "RAG DOLL".

Sorry that's Mahan's nickname, find your own...LOL

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 11, 2009, 10:51:46 AM

Morris, Dominik, the Glazers, Mike Clayton, Kellen Winslow, Antonio Bryant, Leftwich, Josh "the Franchise" Freeman, Jeremy Stevens,Tananrd Jackson, Stylez White, Gaines Adams, Jimmy Wilkerson, Chris Hovan, Ryan Sims, all kickers, Greg Olson are a just a few that should have been called out before Barret Ruud, IMO.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: St. Pete times calls out Ruud « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools