Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: St. Pete times calls out Ruud « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 11, 2009, 11:24:59 AM

Dude gets totally taken out of the "play" more than Abraham Lincoln.

Now THAT is a tremendously funny line! I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's still funny!

OK... but... like Lincoln... when he DOES get taken out of the "play", it gets ugly...

:-)

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#46 : October 11, 2009, 11:31:13 AM

The thing...to me...that has always made Ray Lewis so good is he usually doesn't have to take on blockers.  His DTs tie up the OLmen and he gets lots of open shots at RBs.  I don't see the DTs for the Bucs doing as good a job on the OLs as the Ravens DTs do.  Willis in SF gets a lot of help too.  Not saying that either one of them aren't great players, but I think they are getting more help from their DLs.
Very good take watson...It is spot on as our friend LordJim would say...OBD

DKWEST

Starter

#47 : October 11, 2009, 11:31:43 AM

Rick Stroud is a dweeb.

Ruud is 2nd in the entire league with 40 tackles,..     Four, 10 Tackle games in a row shows he is consistant.  He is not getting much help from the other 10 players on the field.

Ruud is taking care of his responsibility in the defensive scheme,..    he has rarely been called on a blitz, so his job is to clean up what the defensive line misses.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 11, 2009, 11:38:19 AM

I agree with the folks saying that he's a solid, but not elite player.  But being a solid player is not a bad thing.  At all.  This defense could do with quite a few more solid players.  (And yes, I think that he'd look considerably better if the team had more talent at DT.)

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#49 : October 11, 2009, 11:41:02 AM

There was a game in 2003 between the Raven and the Chiefs and Ray Lewis kept saying he was getting double teamed and in fact all it was, was Will Shields (HOF guard) getting to him on EVERY play and slamming him. If your D-tackles do not take up blockers you are going to get wiped out.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: St. Pete times calls out Ruud « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools