Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Verizon misleads public again! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 10, 2009, 04:05:18 PM

Verizon requires you to have a box for every TV. BH does not. I have 5 TV's ( 2 with HD) 2 are only used for football which is on broadcast and it works just fine with my splitter in the attic. Verizon doesn't allow for use of a splitter.

That is only good for people with lots of standard definition TVs, which over time will not be the case. 

You don't even need a splitter with the FIOS boxes, they have multiple outputs on the back.  I use the HDMI on my main box on the HD TV in the family, and I also have a 60 foot RCA cable running up through the attic and to the TV on the deck.  Better still, although its a HD box in the family room it only sends a SD signal to the deck (the TV out there is SD).

Verizon HD costs more, BH HD is free.

Verizon didn't charge extra for HD initially, and when I got FIOS BH was charging for HD.  I still don't pay for most of the HD channels but any new channels are in the HD package, which is $10 a month.

Bottom line is you get what you pay for, and the FIOS service is far superior.  That is quite true because if I switched to BH I would actually end up paying more.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 10, 2009, 06:27:15 PM

Verizon requires you to have a box for every TV. BH does not. I have 5 TV's ( 2 with HD) 2 are only used for football which is on broadcast and it works just fine with my splitter in the attic. Verizon doesn't allow for use of a splitter.

That is only good for people with lots of standard definition TVs, which over time will not be the case. 

You don't even need a splitter with the FIOS boxes, they have multiple outputs on the back.  I use the HDMI on my main box on the HD TV in the family, and I also have a 60 foot RCA cable running up through the attic and to the TV on the deck.  Better still, although its a HD box in the family room it only sends a SD signal to the deck (the TV out there is SD).

Verizon HD costs more, BH HD is free.

Verizon didn't charge extra for HD initially, and when I got FIOS BH was charging for HD.  I still don't pay for most of the HD channels but any new channels are in the HD package, which is $10 a month.

Bottom line is you get what you pay for, and the FIOS service is far superior.  That is quite true because if I switched to BH I would actually end up paying more.

Verizon is 80 bucks a month for the basic tv and internet. Versus 120+ at Brighthouse. And like you said, the service on FIOS is better without a doubt.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 10, 2009, 07:50:19 PM

Verizon is 80 bucks a month for the basic tv and internet. Versus 120+ at Brighthouse. And like you said, the service on FIOS is better without a doubt.

It depends when you signed up, and how many SD TVs you have.  I was the first FIOS customer in the area so I got a very good rate, which I still enjoy today.  When I go to the BH site and build teh same package it comes out at $15 a month more without the multiroom DVR and slower Internet connection.  However, if I wanted the same FIOS package as a new customer I would pay $20 a month more than I do today.

The cost argument is fairly moot unless you have a lot of SD TVs.  The quality is undoubtedly better with FIOS.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 10, 2009, 08:04:31 PM

It depends when you signed up, and how many SD TVs you have.  I was the first FIOS customer in the area so I got a very good rate, which I still enjoy today.  When I go to the BH site and build teh same package it comes out at $15 a month more without the multiroom DVR and slower Internet connection.  However, if I wanted the same FIOS package as a new customer I would pay $20 a month more than I do today.

The cost argument is fairly moot unless you have a lot of SD TVs.  The quality is undoubtedly better with FIOS.

I meant to put, thats what I pay.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 10, 2009, 10:49:03 PM

I have about 20+ HD channels with Verizon and don't pay anything extra on my bill each month.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 10, 2009, 10:58:47 PM

I don't pay for HD, and I get about 45-50 HD channels in my package.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Verizon misleads public again! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools