Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Thoughts on Caddy as a RB3? « previous next »
Page: 1

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
: October 09, 2009, 09:09:58 PM

I wanted to bounce this off other people, in particular Bucs fans, to make sure I'm not going homer here...

Bottomline, I have Julius Jones (who has been a pleasant surprise) and Caddy as my options as RB3. JJ has been solid, partcularly in the passing game with Hasselbeck coming back. But, the Jags have started to find their way on defense. All reports indicate Olsen is going to start leaning on Caddy. Iggles aren't great against the run -- c'mon, Trotter off the street as your starting Mike LB? -- but we're almost certainly going to get bombed early.

The question: Assuming Caddy gets targeted NLT 20 times in the run game, and NLT 5 in the pass game, do you think he's worth a flier just based upon touches? Again, trying to shake the homerism off (at least I'm admitting it) but he's looked explosive whenever he's had the chance to get going. Appreciate thoughts.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 09, 2009, 09:52:23 PM

I currently have 13 teams on ESPN. I have Caddy in most of em. He's not my only option... but I put him in anyway because I heard that he's now the featured back for the Bucs. The analysts project 9 points from Caddy this week... but I think they're wrong. I put him in and I think it will turn out to be a good move. My projection: somewhere between 13 and 18 pts.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 09, 2009, 09:56:39 PM

Cool, thanks for the opinion. You may be right, one TD in there (who else is going to score, besides maybe Winslow) and it gives him a big day with the targets he'll get.

jameswilder

Starter

#3 : October 10, 2009, 07:18:52 AM

I don't see 13 points let alone 9 from Caddy this week. I really wouldn't start any Buc player this week. Johnson doesn't scare the Eagle D and they will stack the box. I'm figuring 13-15 carries for less than 50 yards.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy- B. Franklin.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 10, 2009, 09:27:02 AM

I don't see 13 points let alone 9 from Caddy this week. I really wouldn't start any Buc player this week. Johnson doesn't scare the Eagle D and they will stack the box. I'm figuring 13-15 carries for less than 50 yards.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 10, 2009, 09:39:01 AM

I think as much as anything if you expect the D to let this team get down early then you;ve seen the trend where we abandon the run so you figure that also goes into the mix.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Thoughts on Caddy as a RB3? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools