Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MORRIS BLASTS BUCS RECEIVERS (CLAYTON AND BRYANT) FOR DROPPING PASSES « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: October 11, 2009, 05:21:35 PM

Starting receivers Michael Clayton and Antonio Bryant finished with a combined eight catches for 87 yards at Philadelphia. They also combined to drop at least five passes against the Eagles.

After the game, Bucs head coach Raheem Morris was not pleased at all with the dropped passes by Clayton and Bryant. Although he did not name them by name, he unloaded on those who dropped passes and did not help young QB Josh Johnson in his second NFL start. Here's a smattering of what Morris said:

ON GRADING JOHNSON'S PERFORMANCE
“It’s really hard to grade Josh with some of those dropped balls he had today," Morris said. "He could have had an 80-yard bomb on the first throw of the game, or I believe the second [throw] if we catch the ball. He had the opportunity for some other people to catch some passes from him. We dropped some passes today. He still had the two turnovers that were deadly in the red zone, and we can’t let those happen. He did use his feet well and he took some chances downfield. We have to continue to get better. We have to continue to grow with him. We have to help him, and Kellen Winslow stepped up big today and had a big game for him.”

ON IF HE WAS DISAPPOINTED JOHNSON'S RECEIVERS DIDN'T HELP HIM WITH ALL THE DROPS
“There’s no doubt about that,” Morris said. “The guys around him have to step up for him. The positive side is that Kellen Winslow did step up for him. We need everybody.”

ON IF DROPPING PASSES IS A MENTAL THING
“The ones that bother me are the excuses being made by each other – by the players and acting like it’s okay because it’s not," Morris said. “I don’t think dropping a ball is mental. I think that’s physical. You’ve just got to catch the ball. You get paid to catch the ball. You’ve got to catch it – everybody. We’ve got to be a tougher football team on ourselves. You’ve got to catch those balls. You can’t have that happen. We have to go to practice first and see who can step up and perform. Who can catch the ball? We’ll throw it to those people. That’s what we’ll do.”

The early guess here is that Michael Clayton gets benched against Carolina in favor of Maurice Stovall or Sammie Stroughter. Clayton came into the game with four drops and has to have at least seven after Sunday's game.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 11, 2009, 05:25:57 PM

good... bout f'n time this was done... peace out clayton

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#2 : October 11, 2009, 05:27:25 PM

Clayton should be gone. Bryant did better but still no need for that. Especially when you have a young QB making his second NFL start.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 11, 2009, 05:28:36 PM

How in the world this guy could actually complain about not having more opportunities is beyond my comprehension.
He should be thankful he's not deactivated.

Turn the page.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 11, 2009, 05:30:00 PM

It kills me we resigned this guy.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 11, 2009, 05:30:13 PM

Sammie should play more, he has earned it.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#6 : October 11, 2009, 05:30:37 PM

I'm done defending Clayton. I've held judgment saying lets see what he can do with more chances and this guy leads football in drops. Time to get Stroughter in there.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#7 : October 11, 2009, 05:30:54 PM

How in the world this guy could actually complain about not having more opportunities is beyond my comprehension.
He should be thankful he's not deactivated.

Clayton got thrown to like 13-14 times and only had 2 receptions. Pathetic.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 11, 2009, 05:31:02 PM

Clayton sucks, LOL at him saying he needs more opportunities.

swirless

Pro Bowler

#9 : October 11, 2009, 05:31:25 PM

what about stovall

MBF

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 11, 2009, 05:32:01 PM

It kills me we drafted this guy.
I feel your pain.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 11, 2009, 05:32:12 PM

Just words unless the guy is benched next week. Bryant I'll give a pass to because he has proven to be a playmaker.

Buc31

Starter

#12 : October 11, 2009, 05:32:32 PM

It kills me we resigned this guy.
It kills me we DRAFTED this joke

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#13 : October 11, 2009, 05:34:25 PM

Can't say enough good things about Kellen, though. Dude came to play. His effort on a team going nowhere speaks volumes.

#14 : October 11, 2009, 05:36:42 PM

just watched the game on Tivo..   Clayton ($5 million) drops an 80 yard bomb that would have been a Td...   then Clayton drops a crucial 4th and 2 yard pass....    Bryant ($9.8 million) dropped a few...    

that HAS to be the WORST $13.5 million EVER spent!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MORRIS BLASTS BUCS RECEIVERS (CLAYTON AND BRYANT) FOR DROPPING PASSES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools