Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MORRIS BLASTS BUCS RECEIVERS (CLAYTON AND BRYANT) FOR DROPPING PASSES « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #15 : October 11, 2009, 05:38:15 PM »

Clayton got thrown to like 13-14 times and only had 2 receptions. Pathetic.

At some point the QB has to stop throwing at him.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

termig8r

Starter
« #16 : October 11, 2009, 05:39:30 PM »

Remember when signing Clayton in Free Agency was suppose to pacify the fans screaming for some more talent to be signed in F/A?

NOTE -- As a head coach - it's one thing to place blame (not tough, most fans can do that), it's quite another thing to fix the problem.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

« #17 : October 11, 2009, 05:39:43 PM »

Clayton got thrown to like 13-14 times and only had 2 receptions. Pathetic.

At some point the QB has to stop throwing at him.

But he needs more opportunities... ::) ::) ::) [banghead]

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

robbiemac7

Second String
« #18 : October 11, 2009, 05:47:34 PM »

Did you hear that?!?!?

Oh, it's just the sound of another Clayton pass hitting the turf (after hitting his hands, of course)...

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #19 : October 11, 2009, 07:24:56 PM »

"After the last 3 sorry years-- we really believe that we need to re-sign Michael Clayton for 5 more years, $25 million-- because we believe that it's Jon Gruden's fault that his play diminished."

Signed,
the Glacier Bros.
Mark Dominick
Rawhide Morris

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #20 : October 11, 2009, 05:50:30 PM »

I can only assume that he's got to be benched for next week and dropped way, way down the DC.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #21 : October 11, 2009, 05:50:44 PM »

Clayton will be gone at the end of the year if not sooner.

smma

Second String

« #22 : October 11, 2009, 05:52:24 PM »

But Clayton is a great blocker!
And my car doesn't run but has great cup holders.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #23 : October 11, 2009, 05:53:49 PM »

so did Morris just dare himself to call out himself about Clayton?

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
« #24 : October 11, 2009, 05:55:27 PM »

Here's another quote from Morris on the drops...

"That's an issue," Morris said. "When you are playing with a young quarterback, those plays have got to be made by those caliber of players - those caliber of receivers. Both guys dropped a bunch of balls today. I don't have the exact numbers here but you have to make those plays for your young quarterback."

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

« #25 : October 11, 2009, 05:55:39 PM »

I wish. He conveniently forgot to wipe all that first week drool off his chin.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #26 : October 11, 2009, 05:59:20 PM »

While Clayton has been horrible, Bryant deserves just as much criticism. He hasn't done a single thing all year, and today was even worse. Also, he's being paid quite a bit more than Clayton. I don't know if he's dogging it because of the contract situation or not, but whatever it is he needs to man up and play like he's paid. One great season doesn't mean anything until you prove you can keep it up, and right now that applies to both receivers.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #27 : October 11, 2009, 06:00:43 PM »

So when does Morris blast himself and MD for giving Clayton that contract?

watson

Hall of Famer
« #28 : October 11, 2009, 06:01:58 PM »

It kills me we drafted this guy.
I feel your pain.
Drafting him looked like a good thing during his rookie season...and that combined with the situation at the time, its easy to see why BA took him.  The problem is  apparently he hasn't done anything to get better or correct his problems since that first year.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #29 : October 11, 2009, 06:02:05 PM »

Bryant at least got injured so you can try and cover his problems with the fact that his knee is really bum but Clayton has no excuses anymore. He has to be benched if not waived outright as an example of how a lack of attention to detail will not be tolerated.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MORRIS BLASTS BUCS RECEIVERS (CLAYTON AND BRYANT) FOR DROPPING PASSES « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools