Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MORRIS BLASTS BUCS RECEIVERS (CLAYTON AND BRYANT) FOR DROPPING PASSES « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 11, 2009, 06:05:59 PM

It kills me we resigned this guy.
It kills me we DRAFTED this joke

Yep, why in hell make the same mistake twice?  I know its been said before but still...AHHHHH!

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 11, 2009, 06:10:04 PM

The difference between Bryant and Clayton is that Bryant catches some balls, Clayton catches none. I hate that guy.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 11, 2009, 06:13:09 PM

Bryant has been legit when healthy, Clayton hasn't been legit for 4 years.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Buc31

Starter

#33 : October 11, 2009, 06:18:29 PM

Clayton is trash....the end

dodda45

Starter
#34 : October 11, 2009, 07:24:05 PM

MORRIS needs to stop blaming other people and start improving HIS game...    from the very second he took over this team, it has gone into a tail spin..  firing the Offensive-coordinator only days before the season starts, screwing up the QB competition, keeping the same unproductive players like Clayton, Adams, White in the game...       and in today's game versus Phily, he single-handidly left NINE (9) points off the board  with not kicking the gimme field goals....

EVERY other coach in the NFL kicks the field goal when we have 4th and 2 on Phily's 30 in the first quarter.   (Clayton drops pass and we get nothing)

EVERY other coach in the NFL kicks the field goal when we have 4th and 1 on Phily's 27 yard line in first quarter.  (JJ fumbles the ball and we get nothing)

EVERY other coach in the NFL kicks the field goal with :06 left in the half instead of going for it and running out the clock.    (JJ throws and INT)

EVERY other coach in the NFL benches Gaines Adams and Styles White for being the most unproductive DEs in the NFL. 

EVERY other coach benches  CB Will Allen if he gives up two huge deep balls....

a lot of our problems could be fixed if our coach got his head out of his butt.  It's not one or two bad calls..   EVERY DARN DECISION HE MAKES is the wrong one!

I agree with this post!  I like to go for it to but are you kidding me?  This is not just a one game thing...I hate to use this reference but it does seem like coach is playing Madden or something...I hope we can just excuse the poor decision making on the fact that we have a serious kicking problem this year...

What about the playcalling in the redzone?  Are we going to run it at all?  We could have cut it to a two score game but  to just stand back and make 4 straight throws?  This is a very tough area to throw the ball in and they are sending everyone at us...

Olson got schooled today...Johnson was not just let down by his receivers but also his OC...

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 11, 2009, 06:30:34 PM

Not that I dont think we should bench Clayton, but I'll be shocked if Morris benches him, dont think he'll do it.  Dominik and Morris have made mistake after mistake and are paying for them now.

#36 : October 11, 2009, 06:33:43 PM

MORRIS needs to stop blaming other people and start improving HIS game...    from the very second he took over this team, it has gone into a tail spin..  firing the Offensive-coordinator only days before the season starts, screwing up the QB competition, keeping the same unproductive players like Clayton, Adams, White in the game...       and in today's game versus Phily, he single-handidly left NINE (9) points off the board  with not kicking the gimme field goals....

EVERY other coach in the NFL kicks the field goal when we have 4th and 2 on Phily's 30 in the first quarter.   (Clayton drops pass and we get nothing)

EVERY other coach in the NFL kicks the field goal when we have 4th and 1 on Phily's 27 yard line in first quarter.  (JJ fumbles the ball and we get nothing)

EVERY other coach in the NFL kicks the field goal with :06 left in the half instead of going for it and running out the clock.    (JJ throws and INT)

EVERY other coach in the NFL benches Gaines Adams and Styles White for being the most unproductive DEs in the NFL. 

EVERY other coach benches  CB Will Allen if he gives up two huge deep balls....

a lot of our problems could be fixed if our coach got his head out of his butt.  It's not one or two bad calls..   EVERY DARN DECISION HE MAKES is the wrong one!

devasher

Starter
#37 : October 11, 2009, 07:21:00 PM

I've been patient with Clayton as he's had some health issues in the years since his rookie season.

That's the biggest misconception out there, promulgated by the media and PR.

Clayton sprained his MCL near the end of the season in 2005 or 2006. He had turf toe for another period of time. That's it. That is freaking it. The injury excuse was B S from the beginning. The only reason Clayton got put on IR at the end of the season he sprained his MCL was because Gruden had no use for him and wanted someone he felt could contribute which is why most coaches will look to shelf young players on IR rather than wait out minor injuries.

Clayton was fat, lazy and slow. If that's an injury than he should get an award for having the most injuries of any Buccaneer in modern history.

FLBoy84

Rookie
#38 : October 11, 2009, 07:15:28 PM

Seems like we have this discussion every year about the Buc receivers.  Has anyone ever questioned the abilty of the receiver coach, Richard Mann?  I mean, if the d-line isn't getting a rush, it's on Wash & Nunn, but we never read anywhere where Mann is under the gun.  There has to be some accountability at some point.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 11, 2009, 06:50:50 PM

I've been patient with Clayton as he's had some health issues in the years since his rookie season. No excuse for today though; he had a godawful game. That first play he broke past the defender with his head turned back to the QB for a long ways; anybody knows that'll slow you down in running the route, and sure 'nough he was a stride or two short of catching it right in stride; looked like a perfect throw.
      Did see Josh chewing out his offensive mates before the drive for that 1st TD. Kudos to him; overall they blocked awful too...

#40 : October 11, 2009, 07:27:23 PM

for once, Id like to hear Morris blame himself.  

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 11, 2009, 07:43:06 PM

HE DARES PEOPLE TO QUESTION HIS DISAPPOINTMENT IN MICHAEL CLAYTON!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 11, 2009, 07:28:32 PM

for once, Id like to hear Morris blame himself.  

He already has.

Cleanupman

Starter

#43 : October 11, 2009, 07:48:16 PM

Then people wondered why he was always in the dog house with gruden

drywallbuc

Starter

#44 : October 11, 2009, 08:43:09 PM

just watched the game on Tivo..   Clayton ($5 million) drops an 80 yard bomb that would have been a Td...   then Clayton drops a crucial 4th and 2 yard pass....    Bryant ($9.8 million) dropped a few...   

that HAS to be the WORST $13.5 million EVER spent!
not sure its a td, he missed ball at 18 or 19 yard line. but it would have swung some momentum our way

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MORRIS BLASTS BUCS RECEIVERS (CLAYTON AND BRYANT) FOR DROPPING PASSES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools