Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama haters; I understand where you are coming from. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#60 : October 10, 2009, 11:16:14 PM

had it been McCain & Palin voted in instead which I was totally against, I would be where the Obama haters are right now criticizing and downright booing every move that McCain makes the whole time he's in office.

You must not give a crap about your country then.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#61 : October 10, 2009, 11:21:46 PM

No OSB - I didn't tell you to get out of the Country - I told you - very clearly if you were to read it again - I suggest slowly - oh hell - I will copy and paste it for you

First you said this >>> "All we can do is wait and see how his plans workout, and if they don't then the man will be OUT in 2012 and we'll move onto the next person."

And then you said this >>>> "So you being mad about Obama and what he stands for or what he's trying to do will accomplish what - nothing, because he will still finish his term wether you like him or not and if somewhere along the line he accomplishes great things he'll be re-elected and if not - he'll be outta here.

And I then said this >>>>> And if you think being a citizen of this country begins and ends with showing up a the polls - you might as well be outta here."

You are a Citizen of a free country like the United States because you vote every four years.  It is hard to be a citizen of a free country - if the person cares about what is happening in their country.  It is fairly clear you don't really care who gets elected or what they do - but for every four years.  Oh you might talk about them - especially if the guy you voted for won - that must be special

Some others actually take part between the elections - writing to their representatives - Senators and Congressmen - telling what they think - you know as US citizens.  Now that was real slow and gentle.  Hope you got it.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#62 : October 11, 2009, 12:13:50 AM

Nope what?  It wasn't a question - there was no answer. 

It was a clear comment on what American Citizens do - to show they are capable of being free - Citizens of a free country.  Because if you can't do that - the bare minimum - you might as well be in Russia, or China.  Now head back to wherever you go to hope for the best - while Citizens get involved with the process of representative government if that is you wish. 

You are asking for WAYYYYYY too much.

Chrispy doesnt have the balls to do anything that drastic, in fact he probably just votes however his wife tells him to, but the least we can ask is that if he doesn't care about any of the big issues in this country and has said himself he doesn't "have time" to understand in the least bit whether something hurts or helps the country, just dont give an opinion. I mean you say yourself you dont have the  facts, so how do you form an opinion?

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#63 : October 11, 2009, 01:19:06 AM

Nope what? It wasn't a question - there was no answer.

It was a clear comment on what American Citizens do - to show they are capable of being free - Citizens of a free country. Because if you can't do that - the bare minimum - you might as well be in Russia, or China. Now head back to wherever you go to hope for the best - while Citizens get involved with the process of representative government if that is you wish.

Chrispy doesnt have the balls to do anything that drastic, in fact he probably just votes however his wife tells him to, but the least we can ask is that if he doesn't care about any of the big issues in this country and has said himself he doesn't "have time" to understand in the least bit whether something hurts or helps the country, just dont give an opinion. I mean you say yourself you dont have the facts, so how do you form an opinion?

How can I form an opinion, two words - free country.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#64 : October 11, 2009, 10:20:27 AM

It was a clear comment on what American Citizens do - to show they are capable of being free - Citizens of a free country. Because if you can't do that - the bare minimum - you might as well be in Russia, or China. Now head back to wherever you go to hope for the best - while Citizens get involved with the process of representative government if that is you wish.

Chrispy doesnt have the balls to do anything that drastic, in fact he probably just votes however his wife tells him to, but the least we can ask is that if he doesn't care about any of the big issues in this country and has said himself he doesn't "have time" to understand in the least bit whether something hurts or helps the country, just dont give an opinion. I mean you say yourself you dont have the facts, so how do you form an opinion?

You really think that?  How free from government decision making do you think you are?  Here's a hint - look at your paycheck, then recall April 15 - check out the "laws" that are being passed.  And the "arrangements" made between Congressional members and Corporations, Unions, and Party Leaders.  After that you get back to me on that fee country thought again. 

Cows and sheep range freely in the pasture - right up until their owners decide what to do with them.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#65 : October 11, 2009, 11:54:35 AM

You really think that? How free from government decision making do you think you are? Here's a hint - look at your paycheck, then recall April 15 - check out the "laws" that are being passed. And the "arrangements" made between Congressional members and Corporations, Unions, and Party Leaders. After that you get back to me on that fee country thought again.

Cows and sheep range freely in the pasture - right up until their owners decide what to do with them.

This is one of the only countries where you could probably stand in front of the White House showing your middle finger and shouting obscentities and get away with it, most other places and you would be arrested or maybe even killed.

#66 : October 11, 2009, 01:58:21 PM

This is one of the only countries where you could probably stand in front of the White House showing your middle finger and shouting obscentities and get away with it, most other places and you would be arrested or maybe even killed.

We can change that. Let's start by making it illegal to burn the flag, then we'll be more like China.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#67 : October 11, 2009, 03:05:49 PM

We can change that. Let's start by making it illegal to burn the flag, then we'll be more like China.

That's just it we are FREE country which can be good or bad, and even though I wouldn't wanna see our flag burned if that's what some radical nut is into then they are allowed to.

#68 : October 11, 2009, 04:55:58 PM

its not about it being a free country, I just suggested you should only form concrete opinions when you have the facts. All you really ever respond with is some form of "conservatives/republicans are dumb". Well if you think so, then tell us why you think that. Thats all I ask. And if you dont have anythign to back up your opinion, why have one? It just makes you look very foolish. Im not sure what this being a free country has to do with any of that

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#69 : October 11, 2009, 05:57:58 PM

its not about it being a free country, I just suggested you should only form concrete opinions when you have the facts. All you really ever respond with is some form of "conservatives/republicans are dumb". Well if you think so, then tell us why you think that. Thats all I ask. And if you dont have anythign to back up your opinion, why have one? It just makes you look very foolish. Im not sure what this being a free country has to do with any of that

And I have hinted or said that I'm aware that yourself and dbuc and a few others are more up on politics than I am, but that does not mean I can't say something about a few issues here & there without needing anyone's approval.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#70 : October 11, 2009, 08:19:52 PM

You really think that? How free from government decision making do you think you are? Here's a hint - look at your paycheck, then recall April 15 - check out the "laws" that are being passed. And the "arrangements" made between Congressional members and Corporations, Unions, and Party Leaders. After that you get back to me on that fee country thought again.

Well you have me there - on that you are probably right - I don't know other countries would put up with that.  Now if that has something to do participating in a representative government - well  - you need to add something to come into contact with the conversation - because that is a clean miss.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#71 : October 11, 2009, 08:57:47 PM

That's because there are only two countries that have White Houses. Trivia question, where's the other one?

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

#72 : October 11, 2009, 11:16:35 PM

And I have hinted or said that I'm aware that yourself and dbuc and a few others are more up on politics than I am, but that does not mean I can't say something about a few issues here & there without needing anyone's approval.

You dont need anyones approval. Im just warning you how dumb it sounds to tell everyone you dont care enough to follow whats going on, yet you still have an opinion. Its like saying you NEVER watch football and then saying the Vikings suck. Why? It just makes no sense

I dont have much political wisdom, but if I do hand out some harsh criticism it is followed with an explanation. I may be wrong, but atleast I have actual reasons for having my opinions.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#73 : October 12, 2009, 12:26:36 AM

You dont need anyones approval. Im just warning you how dumb it sounds to tell everyone you dont care enough to follow whats going on, yet you still have an opinion. Its like saying you NEVER watch football and then saying the Vikings suck. Why? It just makes no sense

I dont have much political wisdom, but if I do hand out some harsh criticism it is followed with an explanation. I may be wrong, but atleast I have actual reasons for having my opinions.

Good for you Bucs4242, now please.............carry on.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama haters; I understand where you are coming from. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools