Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: nail on the head...or in the coffin, for this article « previous next »
Page: 1 2

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: October 11, 2009, 10:44:38 PM

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article1043317.ece

Madman

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 11, 2009, 11:35:35 PM

This excerpt surprised me... So, basically the coaching is great but the players suck? We all know this isn't the most talented roster in the league but that's odd to hear from the head coach.

---

Raheem, is this a well-coached football team?

Morris pauses. He thinks for a moment. Then he gives you an answer that may be different in your home version of the game.

"I think it's a really well-coached football team," he said. "We were prepared for all the blitzes, all the looks we'd get. Everything we saw, we knew we would get. Any time you put yourself in position to have double-teams on guys, and their guys make plays, it means they're a better football team, talent-wise.

"We have to find a way to get the talent of some of these teams so we can compete. We've got to get more talent. And we've got to get better play out of our talented guys."

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 11, 2009, 11:38:33 PM

Raheem is simply conceding what Mark Dominik refused to say in the off season:  This team is in rebuilding mode which is not surprising when the Glazers said in the off season they want to build this team the right way (draft).

I too disagree with the analysis that the coaching has been good because this is overall an average talented team so I expect middle of the road results.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 11, 2009, 11:43:11 PM

Once again Raheem deflects blame for his lousy job as coach. A well coached team? Good Lord that man needs to think before he speaks. I can't imagine how bad this team would look if we were poorly coached ::)

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 11, 2009, 11:43:31 PM

I missed where it says the coaching has been good? I thought they were very critical of RM.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 11, 2009, 11:43:57 PM

Good article.

Rebuilding or not this team looks unprepared and plays uninspired.

Still, have you seen anything of Morris to suggest that we are seeing the first steps of a great coaching career? Is anyone convinced that he's the right man for the job?

That's what I thought.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 11, 2009, 11:44:57 PM

I missed where it says the coaching has been good? I thought they were very critical of RM.

Morris pauses. He thinks for a moment. Then he gives you an answer that may be different in your home version of the game.

"I think it's a really well-coached football team," he said. "We were prepared for all the blitzes, all the looks we'd get. Everything we saw, we knew we would get. Any time you put yourself in position to have double-teams on guys, and their guys make plays, it means they're a better football team, talent-wise.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 11, 2009, 11:45:16 PM

Once again Raheem deflects blame for his lousy job as coach. A well coached team? Good Lord that man needs to think before he speaks. I can't imagine how bad this team would look if we were poorly coached ::)

It is possible the organization with the new regime views the talent level of this team bottom ten.  Maybe I have my pewter shades on when I believe this team has enough talent to be a 7-9 win team.  

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 11, 2009, 11:46:42 PM

Good article.

Rebuilding or not this team looks unprepared and plays uninspired.

Still, have you seen anything of Morris to suggest that we are seeing the first steps of a great coaching career? Is anyone convinced that he's the right man for the job?

That's what I thought.

Well for me it is the last eight games of the season that will determine RM's fate.  He has to show progress as a coach (as well as the team) by then coupled with the fact this team can't finish weaksauce like last season.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 11, 2009, 11:46:55 PM

o i thought he meant the writer.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 11, 2009, 11:47:06 PM

It is possible the organization with the new regime views the talent level of this team bottom ten. �Maybe I have my pewter shades on when I believe this team has enough talent to be a 7-9 win team. �

I do too, which is why I have such an issue with Raheem's remark that this team is "well coached". Clearly it's not.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 11, 2009, 11:48:11 PM

Great article...i'm sure the media is wishing they didn't run Gruden out of town

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 11, 2009, 11:49:55 PM

It is possible the organization with the new regime views the talent level of this team bottom ten. �Maybe I have my pewter shades on when I believe this team has enough talent to be a 7-9 win team. �

I do too, which is why I have such an issue with Raheem's remark that this team is "well coached". Clearly it's not.

It is hard to say because this is not the first time Raheem has alluded to the fact this team needs more talent after a post game loss.  With a new regime many of these players we thought are good may be graded differently because if Bryant continues to play like he has does he earn a contract?  What about Ruud?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 11, 2009, 11:55:56 PM

It is hard to say because this is not the first time Raheem has alluded to the fact this team needs more talent after a post game loss.  With a new regime many of these players we thought are good may be graded differently because if Bryant continues to play like he has does he earn a contract?  What about Ruud?

It's obvious we need more talent, but our staff hasn't shown they can get the most out of the talent we do have. What's the use in bringing in more? Until we get some guys in here who know how to coach, who have a HISTORY of proving they can coach...any talent we acquire will go to waste IMO.

And I think you do bring back Ruud and Bryant, for no other reason than if we get rid of them our already weak LB and WR core becomes totally depleted. 

#14 : October 12, 2009, 01:59:38 AM

For a guy who's supposed to be a "player's coach" he's awfully free with trashing them.  Every time he opens his mouth another player gets the dagger in the back, and now he's just put a blanket "you suck" to all the players on his team.  I wonder how long before they get sick of him blaming them for his own suckage.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: nail on the head...or in the coffin, for this article « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools