Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: nail on the head...or in the coffin, for this article « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : October 12, 2009, 07:12:56 AM

All of this is on Morris, of course. Say what you will about the talent, and say what you want about his newness to the job, and say all you care to about how cheap the owners have become. It doesn't matter. In the NFL, coaches are judged by the scoreboard, and when a team is 0-5 and has lost by an average of more than two touchdowns per game, a coach's fingerprints are all over the disappointment.

Poor owners, poor talent....whatever.  It indeed DOES fall on the HC...like Dungy, Gruden, and now Morris.

Owners will rarely, if ever, accept blame.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 12, 2009, 08:36:44 AM

It is possible the organization with the new regime views the talent level of this team bottom ten.  Maybe I have my pewter shades on when I believe this team has enough talent to be a 7-9 win team.  

Seriously...how? We've got no QB, an crummy line, no WR's, no DT's, no DE's, maybe 2/3 of an LB corps and a secondary that is barely average coupled with a bad kicker and now an unknown.

No, we're a really bad team in terms of talent. The reason so many folks had us pegged to be a bottom 5 team wasn't that they knew Raheem was a bad coach but that they looked at our talent and said.."Wow, these guys are terrible."

Now, none of that excuses us being 0-5 since we played 2 other bad and beatable teams (BUF and WAS) and that unlike the Lions vs the Steelers for example we haven't even looked competitive with the good teams we've played.

We've got a magic whammy of bad talent + bad coaching

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 12, 2009, 09:21:31 AM

It is possible the organization with the new regime views the talent level of this team bottom ten. �Maybe I have my pewter shades on when I believe this team has enough talent to be a 7-9 win team. �

Seriously...how? We've got no QB, an crummy line, no WR's, no DT's, no DE's, maybe 2/3 of an LB corps and a secondary that is barely average coupled with a bad kicker and now an unknown.

No, we're a really bad team in terms of talent. The reason so many folks had us pegged to be a bottom 5 team wasn't that they knew Raheem was a bad coach but that they looked at our talent and said.."Wow, these guys are terrible."

Now, none of that excuses us being 0-5 since we played 2 other bad and beatable teams (BUF and WAS) and that unlike the Lions vs the Steelers for example we haven't even looked competitive with the good teams we've played.

We've got a magic whammy of bad talent + bad coaching

>.>  Yes it appears we have the magical combination of bad talent + bad coaching.  But I do not think the talent level is that bad because overall I view them as an average talented team.  Back in 2006 people thought the same, but I do not think the pickups in the 2007 off season improved the talent level significantly when the turnaround happened.  The existing talent in 2007/2008 was coached better until the collapse.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: nail on the head...or in the coffin, for this article « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools