Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OMG Stop it already. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

RudeGuy

Starter

#15 : October 11, 2009, 11:01:51 PM

jj did quite well... 3 picks, bunch of bat downs, fumbled snap, some over throws and a loss

That's how low the bar has been set now. I miss the days when Griese threw one pick and the fans went nuts screaming for his head.

Yeah this kid has started two games his entire career and you compare him with Mr Pick 6. Nice job, Java. I know you know better than this. He is making the same mistakes all young QBs make at first.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 11, 2009, 11:03:05 PM

BucinTex - no - Clayton showed he could play as a rookie.  Now why he disappeared as being a successful receiver is unknown - but that doesn't mean he didn't have the talent when drafted.  Not blaming folks for picking him - though there were some others available at the time I would have preferred.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 11, 2009, 11:11:43 PM

Not blaming folks for picking him

I never said you did blame anyone for picking him.   I didn't quote you.   The other guy didn't either he was being sarcastic.    Sure Clayton had a good rookie year.   Talent doesn't disappear though.   It would appear that that year was the fluke and not the following ones.   It was clear that Gruden was a driving force behind the Clayton pick.  He always had a thing for big "possession" type receivers.   That's why we are stuck with Clayton and Stovall.    All I'm saying is if you want to blame coaches for the reason that Clayton is now on the team for a second go around then you should also put some of that on the people who evaluated him and drafted him in the first place....Gruden being one of those.     Let's also not forget that the Bucs weren't the only team ready to sign the bum.   He would've stolen millions from the Seahawks too.   He's just mastered the art of fooling people into believing in him.   I think those days are over after today.   

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 11, 2009, 11:16:24 PM

Hope we he fools one more team - so we can trade him for something.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 11, 2009, 11:30:49 PM

Hope we he fools one more team - so we can trade him for something.

After week one there would maybe have been a team willing to take him if he agreed to a pay cut....after weeks 2-5 though not a chance.   I honestly think it would make sense to swap him and Winslow.   Let Stevens be the pass catching TE and Clayton be the blocking TE.   Let Winslow be the number 2 receiver and keep Sammie in the slot where he is doing fine.  If he's half the team player that Earnest is he'd accept that role and collect his money.   

bucs1

Practice Squad
#20 : October 11, 2009, 11:34:51 PM

Clayton was close to signing a deal with the Seahawks before the Bucs came in and won the "bidding war" for him. Boy, I wish he would have signed with Seattle, then we could have had T.J. Houshmanzadeh. I think Clayton was a favorite of the Glazers too, so they made sure to get him signed and also made sure to listen to him when he sold out Jon Gruden and called for him to be fired. The last part of that was just a guess though, so don't take that as a fact.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 12, 2009, 12:03:04 AM

Maybe JJ didn't see the open receivers because most plays there were 8 Eagles six inches from his face obstructing his view.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 12, 2009, 12:10:26 AM

I wouldn't care one bit if they flat-out cut Clayton.  Not sure what anyone would give for him in trade, especially with his contract. I think the team is better without him; as others have posted I think his attitude brings the team down. Besides, as long as Olson is OC we won't be a downhill run-first team, so we won't need him as a blocker.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OMG Stop it already. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools