Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We saw today « previous next »
Page: 1

: October 11, 2009, 11:36:45 PM

What a team loaded with top end offensive speed is capable of

Desean Jackson AND Jeremy Maclin

We need to get faster...I have said this ever since last November

We missed on both of these guys AND Percy Harvin

What kind of idiots are we??

bucs1

Practice Squad
#1 : October 11, 2009, 11:39:34 PM

Is it too late to trade in Josh Freeman for Percy Harvin? Or even Jeremy Maclin for that matter?

DougTheGreat

Starter

#2 : October 11, 2009, 11:40:03 PM

So we draft DeSean over Talib... who do we have playing DB now not named Ronde? ...Mack?... Cox? Haha, and people think we're terrible defensively now.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 11, 2009, 11:41:08 PM

I was shocked to see Maclin fall that far.   That's who I wanted but I also knew Raheem would take Freeman.   It made sense after Gruden not taking the chance on a first round QB.    I know the Gator homers will try to debate it but Percy Harvin players come along quite frequently.   We'll have a shot at a guy in Dez Bryant who I think we be better then Harvin or Maclin.   We didn't need to wait any longer to take a QB.   Anyone who thinks there is something good that comes out of waiting confuses me.   Bradford, McCoy, Tebow, etc.   They got the same chance at making it as Freeman does.   It will depend on them and the team that drafts them.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 11, 2009, 11:42:12 PM

So we draft DeSean over Talib... who do we have playing DB now not named Ronde? ...Mack?... Cox? Haha, and people think we're terrible defensively now.

Talib was the right pick.   I'm throughly pissed off at his off field stuff so far but on the field he has the talent, speed, and other abilities to be a true shut down pro bowl caliber corner.   He just needs to keep his head in the game and out of the clubs. 

DougTheGreat

Starter

#5 : October 11, 2009, 11:43:25 PM

It's too late to draft a WR in the first round now, when a QB has 30 minutes to complete one pass, you're just asking for trouble. You simply HAVE TO take a DT (preferably Suh if available) with our 2010 first round pick.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#6 : October 11, 2009, 11:43:48 PM

If we drafted DeSean Jackson in the first round last year, I think we would have traded our second round pick for Lito Sheppard.

#7 : October 11, 2009, 11:43:57 PM

Actually Desean was drafted a pick or two ahead of us in the second....We should have commited highway robbery to trade up to get him instead BA as usual did nothing and lost him....hey but we got Dexter Jackson!!!!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 11, 2009, 11:46:30 PM

What we saw today is what a decent QB could do with 10 seconds to throw the ball. 

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 11, 2009, 11:54:18 PM

What we saw today is what a decent QB could do with 10 seconds to throw the ball. 

Which is something even our rookies can do if they had that amount of time.   We just don't face a pass rush as bad as our own.  I think our offensive line is getting worse each week because they are forced to practice against such a bad defensive line.   They need better competition.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We saw today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools