Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was Gruden really that far off?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

daveinsarasota

Practice Squad

#15 : October 12, 2009, 01:50:34 PM

Hey...but at least Rah is cool!!!  Of course the players love this guy...who wouldn't want a coach blowing sunshine up their rear ends all the time?  Rah is probably the worst coach in the NFL.  Gruden is Lombardi compared to him. 

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#16 : October 12, 2009, 01:52:10 PM

The final amusing note would be if Bruce Gradkowski took over for Russell in OAK and started playing well.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#17 : October 12, 2009, 01:59:42 PM

Rah is the Bucs biggest embarrassment in many years.  But even after the Panthers beat us the Rah Rahs will still proclaim that he hasn't been given a chance.  These are the same people who were predicting playoffs during the preseason while most were predicting catastrophe.

clintro

Pro Bowler
#18 : October 12, 2009, 02:02:21 PM

I dont think the players like "RAH" calling them out to the press.  I like the way that Gruden would handle that before.  He would preach team and accept the blame to the press and public, and I assume blast that players behind closed doors....you have to respect that.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#19 : October 12, 2009, 02:22:28 PM

I dont think the players like "RAH" calling them out to the press.  I like the way that Gruden would handle that before.  He would preach team and accept the blame to the press and public, and I assume blast that players behind closed doors....you have to respect that.

Chuck always used injuries as an excuse. I love all of these new names I am seeing on these boards. Signed up to complain and say how much they hate Buccaneers because Gruden isn't the coach anymore... give me a break.

VA_Buc30

Starter

#20 : October 12, 2009, 02:28:11 PM

Gruden knew exactly what he had... a team FULL of mediocre players. Gruden was great at squeezing every ounce of effort out of those mediocre players.... Gruden wasn't there to be anybody's friend, or to listen to the same rap music as them... he was there to ensure the players did what they are being paid to do. At times, Gruden was too stubborn, and it hurt the team..... Gruden knew who the scrubs were on the team.
Yessir.

Playing youth just to play youth is silly.  You play guys who can ball..and The Glazers are cheap.

I am starting to give the Glazers the pass more and more as the days go by

The Glazers set a budget for Dominick this is the money you have to work with

It was his decision to blow the money and resign Clayton and to sign Nugent. And to blow a draft pick trading up for a guy that would have been around in the mid/top of the second and pass on a ton of players who would have made a difference this year

Dominick didnt realize he had a Josh Johnson type player and may have not needed a Freeman right now

Bad move...keep the pressure on them...they tinker way more than you'd imagine...If it was made public you'd all be sick to your stomach...But you won't hear it from JG, why, cuz he's class like that...I mean who better to spill it all?  But you'll never hear him say a bad word.  Heck he's never said a bad word about the "jumpsuit" and we know he's certifiable...

I don't think it has much to do with JG having class, as it does he wants to coach again in the NFL.  And you don't bad mouth ownership when you're now on the outside looking in.  Ownership is a 32 member club that looks out for each other.   A coach, or player wouldn't get far publicly bashing an owner.  Well, maybe Al Davis.

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#21 : October 12, 2009, 02:29:42 PM

Gruden knew exactly what he had...   a team FULL of mediocre players.  Gruden was great at squeezing every ounce of effort out of those mediocre players....   Gruden wasn't there to be anybody's friend, or to listen to the same rap music as them...  he was there to ensure the players did what they are being paid to do.   At times, Gruden was too stubborn, and it hurt the team.....  but at least  Gruden knew who the scrubs were on the team.  

What does rap music have to do with anything? Why would u make a idiotic statement like that as if all players on team like rap music or as if  they don't play anything but rap music at OBP, and thats the only music u know Raheem listens too. Im sorry but plain dumb comment to make and is the type ignorance I see and hear everyday. The type of music being played has no barring on our team being 0-5.
You're not understanding what he said. Should have just said nothing.

I'm missing Gruden now...

-Chase

Our fans suck!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 12, 2009, 02:35:27 PM

I dont think the players like "RAH" calling them out to the press. I like the way that Gruden would handle that before. He would preach team and accept the blame to the press and public, and I assume blast that players behind closed doors....you have to respect that.

Chuck always used injuries as an excuse. I love all of these new names I am seeing on these boards. Signed up to complain and say how much they hate Buccaneers because Gruden isn't the coach anymore... give me a break.
They are just imitating some guys who have posted here through the gruden era.

Gruden knew exactly what he had... a team FULL of mediocre players. Gruden was great at squeezing every ounce of effort out of those mediocre players.... Gruden wasn't there to be anybody's friend, or to listen to the same rap music as them... he was there to ensure the players did what they are being paid to do. At times, Gruden was too stubborn, and it hurt the team..... Gruden knew who the scrubs were on the team.
Yessir.

Playing youth just to play youth is silly.  You play guys who can ball..and The Glazers are cheap.

It was his decision to blow the money and resign Clayton and to sign Nugent. And to blow a draft pick trading up for a guy that would have been around in the mid/top of the second and pass on a ton of players who would have made a difference this year

Dominick didnt realize he had a Josh Johnson type player and may have not needed a Freeman right now

Bad move...keep the pressure on them...they tinker way more than you'd imagine...If it was made public you'd all be sick to your stomach...But you won't hear it from JG, why, cuz he's class like that...I mean who better to spill it all?  But you'll never hear him say a bad word.  Heck he's never said a bad word about the "jumpsuit" and we know he's certifiable...

I don't think it has much to do with JG having class, as it does he wants to coach again in the NFL. And you don't bad mouth ownership when you're now on the outside looking in. Ownership is a 32 member club that looks out for each other. A coach, or player wouldn't get far publicly bashing an owner. Well, maybe Al Davis.

JG and BA have not said a word about ownership intervention, money restrictions or being stuck with folks they didn't want.  To me - classy works.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 12, 2009, 02:36:33 PM

I don't think Gruden had a problem evaluating the players on the Bucs; his problem was evaluating players not on the Bucs.
Why don't you make a list of those responsible for draft picks - and post it.  You know better than this - it is dishonest to make such a singular blame.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

kouki s14

Starter

#24 : October 12, 2009, 02:44:55 PM

I don't think Gruden had a problem evaluating the players on the Bucs; his problem was evaluating players not on the Bucs.
Why don't you make a list of those responsible for draft picks - and post it.  You know better than this - it is dishonest to make such a singular blame.

Just like you would blame Rah if he made those mistakes, Gruden had to surround himself with people that could evaluate talent. Last years draft Rah wanted to draft Freeman and he did so, so your telling me that Rah has more say than Gruden who won a Superbowl had in this organization.

VA_Buc30

Starter

#25 : October 12, 2009, 02:52:32 PM

I dont think the players like "RAH" calling them out to the press. I like the way that Gruden would handle that before. He would preach team and accept the blame to the press and public, and I assume blast that players behind closed doors....you have to respect that.

They are just imitating some guys who have posted here through the gruden era.

Yessir.

Playing youth just to play youth is silly.  You play guys who can ball..and The Glazers are cheap.

Bad move...keep the pressure on them...they tinker way more than you'd imagine...If it was made public you'd all be sick to your stomach...But you won't hear it from JG, why, cuz he's class like that...I mean who better to spill it all?  But you'll never hear him say a bad word.  Heck he's never said a bad word about the "jumpsuit" and we know he's certifiable...

I don't think it has much to do with JG having class, as it does he wants to coach again in the NFL. And you don't bad mouth ownership when you're now on the outside looking in. Ownership is a 32 member club that looks out for each other. A coach, or player wouldn't get far publicly bashing an owner. Well, maybe Al Davis.

JG and BA have not said a word about ownership intervention, money restrictions or being stuck with folks they didn't want.  To me - classy works.

That's fine, but no smart coach would ever bash ownership.  In fact, I don't know of any head coach that was removed from his position blaming ownership in any way.  Again, only Al Davis comes to mind with Kiffin and I think Shanahan may have made a few comments when he left.  But Davis is a big exception. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 12, 2009, 03:03:01 PM

Well it does make the boards interesting with the influx of newcomers.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#27 : October 12, 2009, 03:11:29 PM

Gruden knew exactly what he had...   a team FULL of mediocre players.  Gruden was great at squeezing every ounce of effort out of those mediocre players....   Gruden wasn't there to be anybody's friend, or to listen to the same rap music as them...  he was there to ensure the players did what they are being paid to do.   At times, Gruden was too stubborn, and it hurt the team.....  but at least  Gruden knew who the scrubs were on the team.   

Spot on, and every coach in the NFL thinks the same thing. They knew how great he did with the crap he was given to work with.

#28 : October 12, 2009, 03:18:32 PM

Its also funny to see some of the Gruden haters come up and try to justify 0-5

You should listen to 620 right now at the biggest toad for Raheem and Clayton...maybe there you will agree with a lot more people

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 12, 2009, 03:31:08 PM

Gruden squeezed everything out of his grizzled vets he could, then last December the well ran dry... Others before him have done the same thing, including BA's dad George Allen when he coached the Redskins. It can work short-term, but every time it'll eventually fall apart and need to be rebuilt from scratch for the long-term; with youth... 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was Gruden really that far off?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools