Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Play Calling, Momentum and Trends « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: October 12, 2009, 11:58:44 AM

Two weeks in a row Morris allowed other influences to cloud his judgment. Forgoing not one but two field goals in the first and going for it on forth down along with going for a touchdown in the waning moments of the first with a young quarterback who was struggling to build chemistry with receivers was the true unraveling of the Bucs against the Eagles. Resulted in 9 points being taken off the board and positive momentum heading into half time being flushed down the drain and a score that could have been 16-21 with a young quarterback, that wasn't getting the support from other units.

It's understandable one, but two games in a row starts a trend, the first game it happened it was becuase he was going for the win, this game there is no excuse for not kicking the field goals and keeping the game close to show trust in a defense that has been ridiculed over there lack of effort and grit when it comes to finishing games.

At this point Morris and company need to do some heavy self evaluating and looking in the mirror as they are not doing any favors for a young team trying to establish some kind of identity.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 12, 2009, 12:02:58 PM

Yuc, I understand both 4th down attempts. Morris is being aggressive and I like it. I don't agree with many things he has done, but I agree here.

Bucfanut

Starter

#2 : October 12, 2009, 12:20:54 PM

Yucc, in which 1st game are you referring to? Last week vs WSH he did the exact opposite when he SHOULD have gone for it. IMO, going for it on 4th and an inch yesterday was the right decision, any  team, even a pop warner team, should be able to get that; the first one I woulda taken the points and the one before the half, woulda taken the points too. Another thing i'd like to know is what play was called on 4th and an inch? It appeared that JJ was going to hand it off which is ridiculous considering the distance and our inability to run the ball.

BucsPromo

Starter

#3 : October 12, 2009, 12:25:25 PM

Two weeks in a row Morris allowed other influences to cloud his judgment. Forgoing not one but two field goals in the first and going for it on forth down along with going for a touchdown in the waning moments of the first with a young quarterback who was struggling to build chemistry with receivers was the true unraveling of the Bucs against the Eagles. Resulted in 9 points being taken off the board and positive momentum heading into half time being flushed down the drain and a score that could have been 16-21 with a young quarterback, that wasn't getting the support from other units.

It's understandable one, but two games in a row starts a trend, the first game it happened it was becuase he was going for the win, this game there is no excuse for not kicking the field goals and keeping the game close to show trust in a defense that has been ridiculed over there lack of effort and grit when it comes to finishing games.

At this point Morris and company need to do some heavy self evaluating and looking in the mirror as they are not doing any favors for a young team trying to establish some kind of identity.

Would it really have mattered if we kicked the FG or not?

We would've lost.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Play Calling, Momentum and Trends « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools